IGNORED

Fa Cup: Tamworth V Bristol City

Eco

Made hard work of it in the end. All that for a completely pants draw as per usual.

I was impressed with Baldock today. Missed a few again but he lead by example today and worked hard. That is what I expect to see from him more weeks than most. Especially from a captain.

That has been my main complaint with Baldock. I can handle him missing chances, all good strikers do but his all round game up until late hasn't been good enough. Today he looked sharp though and long may that continue.

He's been running those channels all season, he's also managed 8 league goals and a number of assists.. The only difference today is the quality of the opposition.

Yep and as usual Chiles has not done his homework. Stupid question!

It wasn't Chiles, but to be honest none of them had.

They all kept saying that JET is normally a striker and it's a bold move playing him in the whole. Obviously haven't seen him play all season in the hole.

He's been running those channels all season, he's also managed 8 league goals and a number of assists.. The only difference today is the quality of the opposition.

Important not to get carried away as Tamworth were poor but Baldock's movement and work rate hasn't been all that effective this season. Today he looked good but for me hasn't done it consistently enough this season.

Good performance, should have won more comfortably though ! Sam had a couple of great chances before he scored and Greg should have done better, thought everyone did well but JET was superb & deserved MoM, apart from goal the left foot pass across pitch 2nd half was quality.

A good performance. Nobody should say again that JET is a lazy player. He was everywhere today shooting, setting up sammie's goal and very often helping out a defence that often seemed worried by up and unders from the boot, from throw-ins and from corners that Tamworth lofted over. This is not to mention some very effective and legal time wasting at the end when he used his sheer bulk to such good effect. Baldock, although his finish for the 2nd goal was perfect, is still wasting far too many chances. We should have been 4 up by the time we got the second. For me though Joe Bryan was very much a contender for man of the match. For a youngster he is tough, strong and against the agricultural team that we played today, very brave.

Glad I wasn't involved in this match thread, some dreadful moaners on here today.

City did what they had to do all game, were up for the battle from the start, created lots of chances and deserved to win by several more goals.

Flint and Jet were outstanding, Baldock, Marvin and Joe Bryan played really well, and only perhaps Taylor and Wagstaff were underpar.

A  good solid performance by City against a very physical team on a sloping, rutted pitch ideal for providing a cup upset.

Well done Cotterill too, he represented City with humility, enthusiasm and good humour today.

Good 3rd round draw as well - Watford are beatable at AG, and that's exactly the sort of draw we're looking for at this stage.

And they were intent on roughing us up.

It didn't work and the team was composed and put in a very professional performance.

Very pleased with today and how the team performed.

Job done.

I think it helped that the ref clamped down on it reasonably early and booked a couple of them, meaning they had to lay off a bit. Though there were still a fair few 'robust' challenges going in.

Really professional performance, the only criticisim is that we could and should have won by more. It was getting a little nervy in the few minutes before our 2nd goal, but we should have been 3 or 4 up by that point.

Glad I wasn't involved in this match thread, some dreadful moaners on here today.

City did what they had to do all game, were up for the battle from the start, created lots of chances and deserved to win by several more goals.

Flint and Jet were outstanding, Baldock, Marvin and Joe Bryan played really well, and only perhaps Taylor and Wagstaff were underpar.

A  good solid performance by City against a very physical team on a sloping, rutted pitch ideal for providing a cup upset.

Well done Cotterill too, he represented City with humility, enthusiasm and good humour today.

Good 3rd round draw as well - Watford are beatable at AG, and that's exactly the sort of draw we're looking for at this stage.

Agree with all that bar the cup draw. Will we ever get a third round draw against either:

a) A top side

or

b) A crap side at home

Thought I'd do some ratings.

Parish.......6..Didn't have a lot to do but had me feeling jittery a few times

Moloney...7..competent performance and put in some good crosses

Flint..........8..solid and had the attributes required for today's game

Williams...8..read the game well and one superb challenge.

Cunningham.6.should have made better use of the possession he had, and of course one bad mistake that could have been costly.

Wagstaff..6..put in a good shift but for me some poor decision making, and missed a good opprtunity.

Elliott.......8.5..outstanding, difficult to see how some can criticise that perfomance

Emm-Thom..9..desevedly mom, some good defensive stuff too.

Bryan......7.... similar comment to Wagstaff, a good shift marred by some poor decision making at times

Taylor.....6.5...not at his best but some good work

Baldock..7.5..took his goal well and put in a good shift

subs.

Pack........6..didn't really make an impact

Carey......didn't put a foot wrong.

Manager; good team selection and lots of positive energy. Well done.

No humility in defeat from Tamworth then.....

We were awful first half IMO. Midfield totally bypassed and the front 2 or 3 were dire. Seriously lacked any control of the ball or game. Second half when we ran at them much better and perhaps deserved more against a pretty poor team. I thought we've played much better at times this season and certainly played better teams.

Enjoyed the game. Bristol didn't look two leagues above us. Chances were there. Second half, I thought Tamworth were by far the better side. Final touch was lacking. If Tamworth play like that on Saturday against Boston, then a trophy run is on the cards.

With all due respect to Tamworth, we should have been out of sight after 60 minutes with the chances we missed.

We were awful first half IMO. Midfield totally bypassed and the front 2 or 3 were dire. Seriously lacked any control of the ball or game. Second half when we ran at them much better and perhaps deserved more against a pretty poor team. I thought we've played much better at times this season and certainly played better teams.

Enjoyed the game. Bristol didn't look two leagues above us. Chances were there. Second half, I thought Tamworth were by far the better side. Final touch was lacking. If Tamworth play like that on Saturday against Boston, then a trophy run is on the cards.

With all due respect to Tamworth, we should have been out of sight after 60 minutes with the chances we missed.

With all due respect to Tamworth supporters, if this is the kind of rubbish they have to endure at the Lamb every week. They have been a lot worse off than the AG faithful even this season. Frankly they were fortunate to have 11 players on the pitch at the end. As for the chances they had, I only saw 3. one was offside and was then wasted, the next was lofted so high I think it went out of the ground and I suppose the 3rd was their goal which wasn't actually a goal. I think they will go down from the Conference this year.

What do you expect from someone who sent his side out to kick us off the pitch?

D'Urso seemed to lose interest in booking any more of them after half an hour, as they should have had at least two more booked and were very lucky to finish with 11.

Their best 2 goal efforts came when gas head Richards was two yards offside plus a goal given when the ball didn't cross the line.

As frustrating as it was for us during periods, they were nowhere near as good as us second half.

I wouldn't slate them too much: they kept going, had chances and finishing let them down. And we are a pretty poor team. That may change, but it's been true all of 2013.

At the end of the day, we beat a team two levels below us by one goal. No wonder they feel proud of their boys. If they approach their conference games like that they'll stay up easily.

For me, I'm happy to cut them slack as I am happy to see the progression of JET to a more all-round player.

I wouldn't slate them too much: they kept going, had chances and finishing let them down. And we are a pretty poor team. That may change, but it's been true all of 2013.

At the end of the day, we beat a team two levels below us by one goal. No wonder they feel proud of their boys. If they approach their conference games like that they'll stay up easily.

For me, I'm happy to cut them slack as I am happy to see the progression of JET to a more all-round player.

I understand all that RR but would hope we show a bit more humility IF we end up losing to Watford in R3. To say they were' by far the better side' means 1 of 2 things. Either I know sweet FA about football or the Tamworth fans were wearing extremely rose tinted specs!

With the chances made after half time, we should have been coasting to a comfortable victory. Sammy should have scored early in the second half and Wagstaff missed an open goal from 18 yards. We SHOULD have been at least 3 up before we scored our 2nd.

I thought we gave a decent and wholly professional performance, combined with a bit of Emmanuel-Thomas magic.

At times the football wasn't fantastic, but I don't think we were too guilty of lumping it from back to front and the pitch and Tamworth's rather overzealous tackling (I don't blame them and would expect the same from us should we play opposition 2 tiers above, but the referee was a joke) made it difficult to really play any sparkling football.

One thing that is heartening for me is how well we stood up to their physical threat and although they are obviously poor opposition I think we have all seen City teams get bullied enough to appreciate when we stand firm and in my opinion defend well. I haven't seen the game back on TV yet, but the common opinion seems to be that it wasn't a goal? And I felt the clean sheet had we taken it would have been fully deserved.

At the start of the second half we should have scored a couple of goals and had we done so it could have ended up a Cricket score, but once we didn't and Tamworth started throwing a few men further forwards I felt it was right that Cotterill bring Pack on for Taylor even though I had enjoyed JET playing in behind two strikers. For a period just before Pack came on it was more like a Basketball match than a football one and as the team in the lead and possessing the greater quality it made sense to try and calm the game down.

Obviously JET will grab the headlines, but I thought Marv and Flint both had good games and went a long way to blunting any threat Tamworth had.

I understand all that RR but would hope we show a bit more humility IF we end up losing to Watford in R3. To say they were' by far the better side' means 1 of 2 things. Either I know sweet FA about football or the Tamworth fans were wearing extremely rose tinted specs!

With the chances made after half time, we should have been coasting to a comfortable victory. Sammy should have scored early in the second half and Wagstaff missed an open goal from 18 yards. We SHOULD have been at least 3 up before we scored our 2nd.

True mate, but we'd be feeling quite buoyant if a PL side only beat us by one. We obviously had more talent, but they came out to give us a game and we had one.

I thought we gave a decent and wholly professional performance, combined with a bit of Emmanuel-Thomas magic.

At times the football wasn't fantastic, but I don't think we were too guilty of lumping it from back to front and the pitch and Tamworth's rather overzealous tackling (I don't blame them and would expect the same from us should we play opposition 2 tiers above, but the referee was a joke) made it difficult to really play any sparkling football.

One thing that is heartening for me is how well we stood up to their physical threat and although they are obviously poor opposition I think we have all seen City teams get bullied enough to appreciate when we stand firm and in my opinion defend well. I haven't seen the game back on TV yet, but the common opinion seems to be that it wasn't a goal? And I felt the clean sheet had we taken it would have been fully deserved.

At the start of the second half we should have scored a couple of goals and had we done so it could have ended up a Cricket score, but once we didn't and Tamworth started throwing a few men further forwards I felt it was right that Cotterill bring Pack on for Taylor even though I had enjoyed JET playing in behind two strikers. For a period just before Pack came on it was more like a Basketball match than a football one and as the team in the lead and possessing the greater quality it made sense to try and calm the game down.

Obviously JET will grab the headlines, but I thought Marv and Flint both had good games and went a long way to blunting any threat Tamworth had.

Agree with most of this, but I thought the ref was OK today. Couple of early bookings put a stop to the really naughty stuff. After that it was a lot of pushing and shirt pulling, and he picked up most of that. Not his fault that he had an incompetent linesman who gave the goal and missed a blatant offsie.

Thought I'd do some ratings.

Parish.......6..Didn't have a lot to do but had me feeling jittery a few times

Moloney...7..competent performance and put in some good crosses

Flint..........8..solid and had the attributes required for today's game

Williams...8..read the game well and one superb challenge.

Cunningham.6.should have made better use of the possession he had, and of course one bad mistake that could have been costly.

Wagstaff..6..put in a good shift but for me some poor decision making, and missed a good opprtunity.

Elliott.......8.5..outstanding, difficult to see how some can criticise that perfomance

Emm-Thom..9..desevedly mom, some good defensive stuff too.

Bryan......7.... similar comment to Wagstaff, a good shift marred by some poor decision making at times

Taylor.....6.5...not at his best but some good work

Baldock..7.5..took his goal well and put in a good shift

subs.

Pack........6..didn't really make an impact

Carey......didn't put a foot wrong.

Manager; good team selection and lots of positive energy. Well done.

Cant argue with those ratings. Marv was brilliant best hes played for a while. Hope we continue to play that formation.  

Archived