IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Leyton Orient Matchday Thread

Orient were a very solid team who negated us with some ease, so the substitutions needed to be earlier and give Orient something different to think about, either in terms of creativity or pace. Preferably both.

Freeman or Jet for creativity - after Freeman's peformance on Saturday definitely Jet for me - and Burns for pace.

We played without all 3 players for most of the match and subsequently - with Elliot again below par - were very predictable and uninspired.

At home at least I want the manager to be positive and go for the win, it's about entertainment after all.

SC has often says he likes Burns, so let's see more of him this season, not less please Cotts.

I don't think you can doubt that we were going for the win, and to be fair if it wasn't for a shocking decision that's what we would have had.

Wasn't our best performance but 7 points from every 9 and we will go up automatically! We'd have been delighted with a point at Sheff U and two home wins and be in the same place.

I don't think you can doubt that we were going for the win, and to be fair if it wasn't for a shocking decision that's what we would have had.

Wasn't our best performance but 7 points from every 9 and we will go up automatically! We'd have been delighted with a point at Sheff U and two home wins and be in the same place.

It seems obvious the manager was concerned that if he made 'positive' substitutions to try and win the game it may have upset the balance of the team to the extent it cost us the game. 

We had players on the bench who can be game changers but didn't use them and there has to be some disappointment with that.

As for being happy with 7 points at this stage at the beginning of the season, maybe so, but we already had 6 in the bag and the impetus which should go with that, so it's really about whether we're happy about grinding out a point at home to Orient.

For me, reasonably so because they were a obviously a solid team who will go on to have have a good season, but I can't help thinking City had the players on the bench to test them a bit more.

Got my tin hat on.............how on earth can you get past a mirror ? both teams tonight were set up to negate the other...hence the result

i enjoyed the game as a whole....But i would have made maybe one change at half time just to test their defence on the wings..burns for bryan..i know he had a great game but imho i think burns has the speed to worry any defence on this planet if given the space.....just an opinion x

• Admin

Flint was outstanding for the third league game in a row and is stepping up to the mark already this season.

I thought we edged the first half last night but seemed to be short of ideas in the second half.

Orient are no mugs and maybe a point against a side of their quality should not be deemed a bad thing?

Seemed a few tired legs on the pitch, and was surprised how late we made the changes, but in all honesty Orient never really looked liked scoring last night, so maybe it was the safer option to not make any changes too early.

All in all we have to be happy with 7 points from 3 games, keep that up all season and we will be up next season, added bonus of a clean sheet which is something to build on - now onto Rochdale for another 3 points

• Like 2

Orient were a very solid team who negated us with some ease, so the substitutions needed to be earlier and give Orient something different to think about, either in terms of creativity or pace. Preferably both.

Freeman or Jet for creativity - after Freeman's peformance on Saturday definitely Jet for me - and Burns for pace.

We played without all 3 players for most of the match and subsequently - with Elliot again below par - were very predictable and uninspired.

At home at least I want the manager to be positive and go for the win, it's about entertainment after all.

SC has often says he likes Burns, so let's see more of him this season, not less please Cotts.

The old managerial "Stick or Twist" dilemma .

We did n't seem in too much danger of losing or indeed winning the match.I think for the first ten games it's a question of getting points on the board and bedding in the new players.We don't need to go gung ho just yet the league is a marathon not a sprint.Take it steady up to Christmas then we'll have a better idea of what is needed to secure promotion . :juggle:

Straight from the ' Os' own forum page

I heard it on 'player' and, as the others here have said, this was a deserved away point at no less than Bristol City, a well funded team expected to gain auto promotion. Dulcet Dave and Matt Hiscock were less than impressed by Legzdins who, according to them, was very iffy with crosses. They didn't understand why City's goal was disallowed, they said Adam stayed rooted to his line and swung a punch at a corner - missed it completely and Baldock (I think) put it in. The ref blew for a foul on Legzdins but neither Dave nor Matt saw why.
Apart from that, why would a 6ft 6in bearded footballer insist on wearing a full kit in yellow?