IGNORED

The Official Crewe Alexandra V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

MK are utterly ruthless.

Yep, whilst Preston keep getting the 1-0s.

We are top, and just sounds did not run for us today, Bryan, then Elliott, then the sending off.

Forgetting the cups, three 0-1s out of five in the league. Really need one of our scorers to get on a run. No need for panic, but very disappointing result today, without a doubt. 

We desperately need reinforcements in January. The same 12 or 13 have played every week and it is starting to show badly. Williams clearly showed a lack of discipline and ultimately cost us atleast a point. We are slipping - Champions don't lose at the bottom of the table team that's for sure.

Edited by Cardy

As I said on the forum before, supporting the Robins is a roller coaster ride for you, better get used to it young un's, we obviously need a goal scoring habit again and I think come january it will be addressed,SC has done virtual miracles in just one year, I am more worried about the admin team at the gate rather than the playing team :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez:

I should open your eyes mate and look at the developing picture compared to a month ago

A month ago - successive defeats to Swindle and Preston, people saying our bubble had burst.

Now - Won four, lost one, since then and only conceded once today with ten men. Yes performances havent been the best and other teams are flying but who is still top? Us!

The developing picture is that expectations are getting higher and higher the longer we are at the top. At the start of the thread, people were predicting 4-0 wins.. Due to some bad luck and undoubtably a decent performance by Crewe, that didnt happen and the same people are throwing their toys out of the pram and saying we are doomed. Our fanbase really hack me off sometimes.

Bring on Yeovil.

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 1

That is without doubt the worst refereeing performance I have ever witnessed

Ref only does their job, doesn't matter if they are good or bad, if you're a good team you make do with the chances you get.

First half Crewe didn't have a shot on target, we had 6 shots and only 3 of them on target.

In the 2nd half we proceeded to have again a number of shots but at most 50% on target and we failed to score. We made attacking changes when we were behind and already down to 10 men.

We should have gone into this game and gone for it from the off, but we don't have the pace up front to do so, only Agard who is rather hit and miss.

Teams like MK Dons are ruthless and are battering teams, we seem unable to do this, even when we lead by 1 or 2 goals we invite teams to play their game against us and make us vulnerable.

Maybe the players weren't 100% today with cold and flu so maybe they can be forgiven an off day, but Cotts needs to shake the team up and make additions in January or we could end up 3rd/4th before we know it and the playoffs look to have a nightmare look to it this year and we need to bring in the right sort of players or we could end up paying the price.

Nobody is happy but most don't believe it's the end of our season!

I don't believe it is the end of our season either. Just think that we are not as effective as we have been earlier in the season. Are we too predictable? Are teams working out how to make it difficult for us? Why does Cotts continue to make the same substitutions at the same time week in week out? Other teams are steam rollering and gathering momentum. 3-0 was becoming the norm for us a few weeks back, and now we are winning 1-0 with a late goal. I want to see us win the league so badly, but it would be foolish to ignore what has been happening over the last few weeks with the teams around us. 1 point separates 1st and 4th...It was a 5 point lead at one point. Couldn't be any tighter between automatic promotion and the damn play offs. With our record I wouldn't fancy that route!

I see your point on the ref and you only blame some part of the way but be fair -

He books Williams first half when he got the ball.

Then sends him off second half.

Their player puts his hands fully above his head to stop the ball and already having been booked should have got a red. He got nothing.

He gave them the free kick for the goal - which was our foul anyway.

Well struck goal but it was never a free to cause it in the first place.

We got absolutely fk all second half then.

And JET? Seriously, Wilbraham almost went over and knocked him out for shooting instead of passing to two free players.

To quote the fella in front of me "Play for the team?? He's a lazy f**ing c--- who plays for hisself"

Ref only does their job, doesn't matter if they are good or bad, if you're a good team you make do with the chances you get.

First half Crewe didn't have a shot on target, we had 6 shots and only 3 of them on target.

In the 2nd half we proceeded to have again a number of shots but at most 50% on target and we failed to score. We made attacking changes when we were behind and already down to 10 men.

We should have gone into this game and gone for it from the off, but we don't have the pace up front to do so, only Agard who is rather hit and miss.

Teams like MK Dons are ruthless and are battering teams, we seem unable to do this, even when we lead by 1 or 2 goals we invite teams to play their game against us and make us vulnerable.

Maybe the players weren't 100% today with cold and flu so maybe they can be forgiven an off day, but Cotts needs to shake the team up and make additions in January or we could end up 3rd/4th before we know it and the playoffs look to have a nightmare look to it this year and we need to bring in the right sort of players or we could end up paying the price.

What did you think of the decisions he gave today then?

Be honest.

Not a good day at the office.  We need to find the sparkle, which has been AWOL for the last four games. Doubtless we will.

JET should not play for City again, get rid and get a decent striker in to replace him.

I agree with Zoooner, the ref has some questions toi answer.

Bring on Yeovile.

We're gonna struggle to beat MKMongs to the title, cos theyre banging in goals for fun, even when they lose...and we need to be aware PNE & Swindle can run us all the way too. We really dont deserve to have to go through the lottery of pray offs..We SHOULD be good enough to do it auto...

Personally I blame LJ for MK winning 7-0 :thumbsup: