IGNORED

Paris attacks news coverage (MERGED)

The Batman

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

French President.

France borders are closed, if I caught that right.

You did. He declared state of emergency. Banned traffic from parts of Paris, got the army in. Incidents at 6 separate sites are being reported. People are being told to stay at home.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

French President.

France borders are closed, if I caught that right.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

France closing their boarders says their president

Yep, sky news just said that's what he said in his speech.

End of the schengen agreement and probably the end of the eu. marine le pen will win the next election now. Expect other elections to follow suit in Europe.

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Yep, sky news just said that's what he said in his speech.

End of the schengen agreement and probably the end of the eu. marine le pen will win the next election now. Expect other elections to follow suit in Europe.

Not going to get in to the politics of it, at least tonight, other than to say who we all suspect here want to spread fear in us all.

Whether it is the Luftwaffe, the IRA, or these lunatics, we resist them best by refusing to change our values.

For now, just thoughts with Paris.

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Can this thread not descend into political bickering- just thought I'd get in there before it undoubtedly does.

Anyway, am I going mad or was there already a security warning for tonight's game this week, with advice given to German fans not to congregate in bars or something?

The German team were evacuated from their hotel earlier because of a bomb threat.

Archived