IGNORED

Paris attacks news coverage (MERGED)

The Batman

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

It's being reported that a Syrian passport has been found on one of the suicide bombers.

Firstly you can't travel on a Syrian passport in Europe, secondly how is it still in one piece after being blown up? Is it just me who think's there is something wrong with this?

Not sure why you'd bother to carry a passport on you if you were carrying out a suicide attack?

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not sure why you'd bother to carry a passport on you if you were carrying out a suicide attack?

It all sounds far too convenient for me.

I'm in no way saying the attacks were an inside job, but worried that maybe now politics are being brought into this for another agenda.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

It all sounds far too convenient for me.

I'm in no way saying the attacks were an inside job, but worried that maybe now politics are being brought into this for another agenda.

Because it's reported and not confirmed, just like the "I am Syrian" statement.

The only people that would gain from such an agenda are Isis and ultra right wing parties.

of course they might also be true.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The only people that would gain from such an agenda are Isis and ultra right wing parties.

It's been confirmed by the French police.

In my opinion it would help EU countries put more pressure on Russia to act. 

29 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

What a generalisation that is

I think is fair to generalise that anything that is placed above humanity is a potential risk to the safety of humanity.

Until all humans place life above their religion then religion should be something that is strongly criticised. 

I'll paraphrase, but when I was a child I remember my own mother saying something like "if God told me to I'd put him in front of my family". In my view that's utter crap. 

I've not missed her views since I last saw her years ago. 

25 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think is fair to generalise that anything that is placed above humanity is a potential risk to the safety of humanity.

Until all humans place life above their religion then religion should be something that is strongly criticised. 

I'll paraphrase, but when I was a child I remember my own mother saying something like "if God told me to I'd put him in front of my family". In my view that's utter crap. 

I've not missed her views since I last saw her years ago. 

I agree with you mate.

I have heard on a number of occasions from some muslims that "they love Mohammed more than their own children". I mean, really ??!!

Love a man who has been dead for 1300 years more than your own child ?!

I really cannot comprehend this. 

Have had several calls this morning from Muslim associates I have got to know from my time in the Middle East. Their knowledge of French geography is limited and they were worried for my safety. My point being lets not tar all Muslims with the same brush because these loons really are a minority and are an embarrasement to the remaining 99% of the Islamic faith.

During the morning a girl I know in Morocco has been on the phone asking to help find her sister and child who live in Paris. It has taken a while but thank god we have tracked them down.

What a ****** up world we live in

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Have had several calls this morning from Muslim associates I have got to know from my time in the Middle East. Their knowledge of French geography is limited and they were worried for my safety. My point being lets not tar all Muslims with the same brush because these loons really are a minority and are an embarrasement to the remaining 99% of the Islamic faith.

During the morning a girl I know in Morocco has been on the phone asking to help find her sister and child who live in Paris. It has taken a while but thank god we have tracked them down.

What a ****** up world we live in

I don't believe any normal sensible thinking people believe any different, the people who hold the more extreme views will always hold those views and be first out with the tar brush.

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm guessing you didn't get very far in your military career and certainly weren't in charge of anyone. 

And before you counter with "I was in charge of 500 men", let me assure you that I don't believe you. 

A single active shooter situation is the stuff of nightmares, let alone a group of them. You just can't send people in blind otherwise you're putting your personnel at risk. 

A really sad day, but you just might want to consider what you've written before clicking "submit reply". 

Seems I have upset a few,you're " in charge of 500 men" comment is quite frankly shocking,I would have been in the 500,interesting my comments about how awful it was before my Corbyn post has not been noticed,and to dolly you can call me what you want,just because your a mod doesn't mean you can't have your opinions,be interesting to know if you think Corbyn wrote it or his "team"

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Seems I have upset a few

JJT I think your definition of a few is a lot different to most others. However, you are entitled to an opinion as is everyone else even if I think you are totally wrong.

But then, thats just my opinion.

Good luck

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Seems I have upset a few,you're " in charge of 500 men" comment is quite frankly shocking,I would have been in the 500,interesting my comments about how awful it was before my Corbyn post has not been noticed,and to dolly you can call me what you want,just because your a mod doesn't mean you can't have your opinions,be interesting to know if you think Corbyn wrote it or his "team"

What unit were you in? The 1st Foot-in-Mouth? 

Jeremy Corbyn, like the rest of us, would have no doubt been shocked and horrified at the loss of life.

The timing of your overtly political comment was crass and tone-deaf.

Everyone, whether they are a fan of Corbyn or not, can appreciate that. 

26 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I saw this footage on BBC news earlier.  I guess it is possible he might have been operated by a ventriloquist, but I am prepared to accept this is actually him speaking.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-14/corbyn-condemns-absolutely-horrific-paris-attacks/

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Agree with every word of that. Critical thought seems to be a rarity here, though. Come to think of it, it's a rarity everywhere :(

33 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I saw this footage on BBC news earlier.  I guess it is possible he might have been operated by a ventriloquist, but I am prepared to accept this is actually him speaking.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-14/corbyn-condemns-absolutely-horrific-paris-attacks/

It was him speaking your right

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Well I never. I expected you to come on here this morning and apologize for your comment but it sounds like you stand by every word.

The fact that people on here that I know don't like Jez have shot you down sums it up.

Sicko.

Latest report suggests that the attackers had spent time in Syria, and were returning to France.

If ever there was a example of why it is wrong to allow those who have been in Syria to return, then this is it.

Time to stop wasting resources on stopping people going there, and concentrate on ensuring that they don't return, cancel their passports. If that renders them "stateless", then tough shit.

E.C.H.R. was not drawn up to protect terrorists. Their actions forfeit their "human rights".

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Well I never. I expected you to come on here this morning and apologize for your comment but it sounds like you stand by every word.

The fact that people on here that I know don't like Jez have shot you down sums it up.

Sicko.

That doesn't surprise me from you to be honest,your far away from reality,I'm a sicko for what exactly?,don't see me condoning what happened last nite,becky watts killers are sickos,you sticking me in that boat are you

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That doesn't surprise me from you to be honest,your far away from reality,I'm a sicko for what exactly?,don't see me condoning what happened last nite,becky watts killers are sickos,you sticking me in that boat are you

Just apologise pal. 

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Latest report suggests that the attackers had spent time in Syria, and were returning to France.

If ever there was a example of why it is wrong to allow those who have been in Syria to return, then this is it.

Time to stop wasting resources on stopping people going there, and concentrate on ensuring that they don't return, cancel their passports. If that renders them "stateless", then tough shit.

E.C.H.R. was not drawn up to protect terrorists. Their actions forfeit their "human rights".

Absolutely instead of allowing their parents and their community to blame the police or anybody else therefore abrogating any parental responsibility for allowing them to get out of the country to join Isis, just make sure that if they make that decision they are well aware of what is at stake.

20 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Gatwick fiasco was ONE man with TWO guns. Seems like more than just a normal security breach though, been closed since 10-11am. Also, only allowing passengers travel with hand luggage. 

BBC News reporting that the man was stopped landside not airside, suggesting no breach of security.

20 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Gatwick fiasco was ONE man with TWO guns. Seems like more than just a normal security breach though, been closed since 10-11am. Also, only allowing passengers travel with hand luggage. 

Not necessarily, it is normal procedure, this guy could have planted an explosive device anywhere in the terminal, so it's normal for army bomb disposal to be called to check any suspicious article and explosives search dogs to clear the terminal, it's big and it takes time.

52 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Absolutely instead of allowing their parents and their community to blame the police or anybody else therefore abrogating any parental responsibility for allowing them to get out of the country to join Isis, just make sure that if they make that decision they are well aware of what is at stake.

I've never understood how someone can claim to be a citizen of the "Islamic State" and then return to their host country and claim citizenship there...

3 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

I've never understood how someone can claim to be a citizen of the "Islamic State" and then return to their host country and claim citizenship there...

parasite gravy train riding human rights lawyers and the UK's strict observance of the human rights act, even when the rulings for the few put the many in danger for a liberal ideal, that's why.

Archived