IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread

How the actual **** can a team smash an entire division out of the water with beautiful football, picking up 2 trophies, thanks to tactical genius, become so shit in the division above? AND have the tactical genius in question not be able to recognise the problem that about 80% of fans could. Boils my piss. We are so bad. How had this happened.

• Shit management of the club regarding transfers
  • Shit performances on the pitch. No Belief
  • A ******* pensioner up front
  • A youth academy dying on it's arse
  • A huge new stadium to fill in League 1
  • Same excuses over and over again
  • Tactics are as inept as any I have seen at City.
  • Like 5

It is the most brutal of ironies that a player deemed surplus sunk us tonight; Cunningham was one of the few who played well for us in the Championship before our last relegation, and another player we never (and still haven't) replaced.

Tremendously upsetting; I don't think we can expect anything against Boro (though as one of the few we've beaten, I guess anything can happen...), and it is actually quite difficult to identify where our next win will come from TBH.

Not a good night, and a further reminder that our results second half of the season are not indicating our young players are doing as SC hoped and spoke about in settling in; the Burnley result showed that, and having lost twice to Reading also, now we've gone from drawing away to Preston to losing at home to them.

Very, very worrying.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Why is he deluded is the season over ? did not the teams below and above us get battered tonight

Doesn't matter what the team's below us are doing. We all know Bolton and Charlton are screwed.

Our club is an absolute joke. Take your Bristol City specs off....and if you were looking as a neutral at what was going on at our club, you wouldnt give them a hope in hell of staying up.

Deluded clueless manager and a clueless board at this level. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

There are so many fickle people out there. Everyone was loving sc last year. Give him and the team a chance. The season is far from over. Do we really wanna be a club who constantly gives the manager the boot. Even if we did get relegated there isn't a better manager available to get us back up. 

If we manage to stay up this year our squad will be the better for it and with the lessons learnt this year in the transfer market who knows what could happen.

Do you honestly think....if we go down, he would be the right man to get us back up? Do you honestly think it works like that?

Depends who's job it was tk sign those players. As far as I was aware ac gives a list of players and that's his part done. 

You Could say sc should be pissed as his title romping team has been dismantled and with a couple of signings is expected to compete in this league. I think we're doing alright.....what did you honestly think was going to happen this year?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

There are so many fickle people out there. Everyone was loving sc last year. Give him and the team a chance. The season is far from over. Do we really wanna be a club who constantly gives the manager the boot. Even if we did get relegated there isn't a better manager available to get us back up. 

If we manage to stay up this year our squad will be the better for it and with the lessons learnt this year in the transfer market who knows what could happen.

Whatever it is you're taking, I want some.

The season is half over. He's had every chance. He's had since May last year to recruit and assemble a squad (read squad, not starting 11) fit for the C'ship.

Do we want to be a club who changes their manager? Yes! Yes absolutely we do if the manager is blindly marching the team to relegation, undoing all of last seasons work. 

If you're happy with relegation and going down without a fight under the deluded direction of a stubborn manager, then good for you. 

It's not good enough for me. It shouldn't be good enough for the club. 

Dont get me started on what lessons should have been learnt in the transfer market. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tauntonian said:

cotterill needs to go BUT we also need far better players! We need atleast 5 QUALITY players, we need a GK, CB, R(W)B, CDM, STRIKER.  If lansdown wont pay the wages then we will never progress! it has to change.

Problem I see is Cotterill can't attract the quality of players we need, mostly due to him having little to no reputation of being successful in this league, hence many players believing it would be a poor move, as its a huge risk joining with a very questionable chance of success.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Depends who's job it was tk sign those players. As far as I was aware ac gives a list of players and that's his part done. 

You Could say sc should be pissed as his title romping team has been dismantled and with a couple of signings is expected to compete in this league. I think we're doing alright.....what did you honestly think was going to happen this year?

Deary me.... I give up

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

What did I think would happen?

New, revamped, modern, 27,000 all seater stadium, billionaire owner, won the league title at a canter and won a cup to. We had a squad that oozed youth, togetherness and confidence.

I expected a few new experienced signings to help these players and to at least be punching mid table.

Please don't make out like this league is some sort of impossible task. Clubs like Bournemouth, Brentford etc have cracked it, we should be at least competing at this level.

There are absolutely no excuses 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Roflmao

priceless

simply priceless

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

New, revamped, modern, 27,000 all seater stadium, billionaire owner, won the league title at a canter and won a cup to. We had a squad that oozed youth, togetherness and confidence.

I expected a few new experienced signings to help these players and to at least be punching mid table.

Please don't make out like this league is some sort of impossible task. Clubs like Bournemouth, Brentford etc have cracked it, we should be at least competing at this level.

I would argue Preston are competing. Not making it look hard are they.

Edited by cityexile
3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Correct; just like Preston are.

No doubt they've been helped by signing some players experienced at this level.

Like Cunningham.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Tauntonian said:

cotterill needs to go BUT we also need far better players! We need atleast 5 QUALITY players, we need a GK, CB, R(W)B, CDM, STRIKER.  If lansdown wont pay the wages then we will never progress! it has to change.

Wages?! How many times has this been discussed on here...Mr Lansdown stated publicly that wages have not been the problem. He said he could afford Gayle's premier league salary...why do people keep saying he won't pay the wages??!!

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I would argue Preston ate competing. Not msking it look hard are they.

Exactly. Fed up of people making out like we shouldn't be competing at this level. 

There are clubs far smaller then us who have proved it is doable. 

Our failure this season is all to do with the sheer incompetence of our manager and faceless board 

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

you'd give Cotterill another summer transfer window?!

Maybe we'll bid for Rooney

If he persists with 3-5-2 and continues to show that he has no clue in how to get us out of it (because he is starting to look clueness now and out of ideas) then he should make way for someone else with fresh ideas and let him have the remainer of the window, far from ideal I know but its better than having someone stubborn and clueless.

I always try to take positives from everything but that was truly awful. My least favourite game this season. Freeman and Wilbraham should not be playing. Both almost useless going forward. Reid immediately set up Wilbs after 3 minutes of coming on just a shame Wilbs missed it. Reid needs to start. Pack has been improving a lot recently but was awful tonight. Agard, Burns, a new signing anyone should be up there with JK instead of Wilbs. Never ever been Cotts out but I'm really getting closer to it. Only problem is I've no idea who I'd bring in. The one silver lining from this dark dark cloud is Cotts wasn't afraid to use his subs. Although Wes should be coming on upfront instead of RWB. 

15 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I'm probably having a senile moment, but who is 'ac'?

Cotts interview: away from the blaming the ref and their keeper having a blinder he said a couple of interesting things.

Argued that he wasn't able to rest players - not got the players to do that. And the same players will all have to play again over the next few weeks. The players gave everything they had - left it on the pitch at West Brom.

Not having signings has been a concern since May, we're trying to do a season's worth of recruiting in this window "it's nigh on impossible".

He didn't give me any sense that anything will change. I'm not sure it's his fault….but there's nothing to suggest things will improve. 

What a shambles. Fiasco.

• Like 1