IGNORED

2697 Season Ticket left for City fans

Bat Fastard

On 18/07/2016 at 12:10, Trueredsupporte said:

Maybe you would like to explain how Mr Lansdown could build new stands and lower prices still and buy the likes of Tomlin Griffin?

examples..

13,500 people buy tickets at £400 = 5.4m

16,500 people buy tickets at £350 = 5.7m + extras from an additional 3,000 customers every matchday

14 minutes ago, Griffin said:

examples..

16,500 people buy tickets at £350 = 5.7m + extras from an additional 3,000 customers every matchday

You're right of course, but I suspect you're wasting your time Griffin.

Although you do have to factor in the loss of POTD sales when you reduce season ticket prices, which makes the equation even more complicated! Using your example it's possible you could end up making less money if the 3,000 would otherwise have bought the more expensive match tickets, depending how many you sell.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You're right of course, but I suspect you're wasting your time Griffin.

Although you do have to factor in the loss of POTD sales when you reduce season ticket prices, which makes the equation even more complicated! Using your example it's possible you could end up making less money if the 3,000 would otherwise have bought the more expensive match tickets, depending how many you sell.

Didn't take that into consideration. However, I am on OTIB, so you're right, I am wasting my time :drunk2:

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is there any evidence that thousands more would buy a season ticket if the prices were reduced, given that (roughly) year on year we increase sales at a price 13,000 are fairly comfortable with?

Bradford, and now Huddersfield, demonstrate that you can increase your sales and support dramatically, but there are question marks about the economics in charging £69 and £179 or whatever for sts. Not sure it gives immediate financial benefit, more of a long term attempt to build support, catch them young etc.

28 minutes ago, Griffin said:

examples..

Minus additional stewarding costs, as @ChippenhamRed says potd premium price losses, season ticket holder no shows from the imputed additional revenue, implied losses if we don't get an extra 3k in increased prices next year... Blah blah blah. 

The point is it's a very imperfect science. The difficulty is that which drops is much harder to increase. Not sure who did it, but one club did a sliding price based upon uptake - well charge you £X now but if we sell so many price will drop to £Y, more down to £Z etc. To my mind that was genius and the way for clubs to do it.

I must say though considering what a good meal out costs, a gig ticket, a train to a different city, if people feel a season ticket doesn't offer enough value I'm not sure they are worth pandering to. They're not really going to be the sort to drop £5, £10 behind the kiosk per game let's be honest. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Bradford, and now Huddersfield, demonstrate that you can increase your sales and support dramatically, but there are question marks about the economics in charging £69 and £179 or whatever for sts. Not sure it gives immediate financial benefit, more of a long term attempt to build support, catch them young etc.

Catch them young certainly, but Huddersfield are in a horrible situation now as they are going to find it difficult to increase prices. They could justify it with promotion, but that looks odds off, and if they go down can they justify charging the same? If they stagnate can they sustain the low prices as stagnation generally dwindles enthusiasm - unless you're Liverpool? 

Personally id be all up for as cheap as possible for the youngsters. But adults I wouldn't bother, not significantly. 

8 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Minus additional stewarding costs, as @ChippenhamRed says potd premium price losses, season ticket holder no shows from the imputed additional revenue, implied losses if we don't get an extra 3k in increased prices next year... Blah blah blah. 

The point is it's a very imperfect science. The difficulty is that which drops is much harder to increase. Not sure who did it, but one club did a sliding price based upon uptake - well charge you £X now but if we sell so many price will drop to £Y, more down to £Z etc. To my mind that was genius and the way for clubs to do it.

I must say though considering what a good meal out costs, a gig ticket, a train to a different city, if people feel a season ticket doesn't offer enough value I'm not sure they are worth pandering to. They're not really going to be the sort to drop £5, £10 behind the kiosk per game let's be honest. 

Good point at the end there @29AR. Although I'm not actually a STH myself (more due to time than cost) I actually think season tickets at current prices are indeed very good value when compared to other forms of entertainment.

4 hours ago, Griffin said:

examples..

You really think that a price difference of £50 would sell an extra 3,000 tickets..?!

By your rational, shouldn't the stadium have already sold out with people in the "young adult" Catagory..? 

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You really think that a price difference of £50 would sell an extra 3,000 tickets..?!

By your rational, shouldn't the stadium have already sold out with people in the "young adult" Catagory..? 

I specifically put "example" for a reason.. I'm not a paid analysts 

13 hours ago, downendcity said:

I completely agree, as I told the chap at the club when I phoned to ask how many fans had been phoning to find out how many season tickets were still left on sale.

From what he said I reckon that 25 fans have been phoning on average every 28 hours 17 minutes and 16 seconds, to check how season ticket sales have been going. 

Of those, 10 are aged under 18, 7 are aged between 18-40,6 aged between 40 and 65, aged between 65 and 95 and 1 received histelegram from the queen quicker than he got his season card.

Of the 25, 17 are forum members. 3 have fair hair, 12 have black hair, 5 have brown hair and 5 have no hair. 6 have tattoos and  4 have had Stacey Panton.

All of those 25 have far too much time on their hands, let alone the ones on OITB!

They were????

4 hours ago, Griffin said:

I specifically put "example" for a reason.. I'm not a paid analysts 

Fair enough, but if you are basing your example on a discount to show an example of the income revenues, then surely you need to base that discount on something that might actually draw in the extra 3,000 sales that you describe. 

Imo, no level of reduction would sell an extra 3,000 tickets. People will buy for success more than price, IMO. However, just to use your rational...

13,500 ST at £400 = £5.4 million. 

If you were to sell at £200 (I still don't think that would sell thousands more tickets, otherwise, as I said previously, the ground would be sold out with the young adult Category) you would need to sell 27,000 tickets to make the same revenue on ticket sales but costs would be much more, although so would matchday revenue.

I actually think that the club have their pricing about right.

one thing I think they should add are "ticket bundles" to maximise sales, such as... To get Newcastle & Villa tickets, general sale priority goes to this who buy a bundle for both those games AND the Wigan game, for example.

17 hours ago, downendcity said:

I completely agree, as I told the chap at the club when I phoned to ask how many fans had been phoning to find out how many season tickets were still left on sale.

From what he said I reckon that 25 fans have been phoning on average every 28 hours 17 minutes and 16 seconds, to check how season ticket sales have been going. 

Of those, 10 are aged under 18, 7 are aged between 18-40,6 aged between 40 and 65, aged between 65 and 95 and 1 received histelegram from the queen quicker than he got his season card.

Of the 25, 17 are forum members. 3 have fair hair, 12 have black hair, 5 have brown hair and 5 have no hair. 6 have tattoos and  4 have had Stacey Panton.

All of those 25 have far too much time on their hands, let alone the ones on OITB!

Of course, it goes without saying that I am not one of those with too much time on their hands:)

On 7/19/2016 at 06:23, Kodjias Wrist said:

I wish the club would confirm exactly how many! I might actually give them a call tomorrow no harming in doing that is there?

21 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So i phoned the club and the guy who answered couldnt confirm an exact amount but knows it has definately surpassed 13k......:blink:

Could we have an update every day in the run up to kick off please? if you pester them enough they might give you the exact figure :)

• Admin

Currently 2,675 left on the BS website. 

This took me 74 seconds to count.

@Spoons I am open to suggestions over what I could have used that time more wisely to do.

PS I was already consuming a cider at the time so that suggestion is unnecessary :) 

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

@Spoons I am open to suggestions over what I could have used that time more wisely to do.

PS I was already consuming a cider at the time so that suggestion is unnecessary :) 

You could have had sex with every member of the Brazilian beach volleyball team in that time. 

If you had any time left over you could have started on the women's team too. 

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Fair enough, but if you are basing your example on a discount to show an example of the income revenues, then surely you need to base that discount on something that might actually draw in the extra 3,000 sales that you describe. 

Imo, no level of reduction would sell an extra 3,000 tickets. People will buy for success more than price, IMO. However, just to use your rational...

13,500 ST at £400 = £5.4 million. 

If you were to sell at £200 (I still don't think that would sell thousands more tickets, otherwise, as I said previously, the ground would be sold out with the young adult Category) you would need to sell 27,000 tickets to make the same revenue on ticket sales but costs would be much more, although so would matchday revenue.

I actually think that the club have their pricing about right.

one thing I think they should add are "ticket bundles" to maximise sales, such as... To get Newcastle & Villa tickets, general sale priority goes to this who buy a bundle for both those games AND the Wigan game, for example.

No one actually disagrees that the club have probably got the price point about right. @Griffin and I were simply challenging the deeply flawed notion that if you charge more for season tickets you make more money, which is of course not necessarily true.

Like he said, it was just an example to demonstrate why this might not be true. None of us can say for certain what the absolute most profitable price point would be - that's all we're saying.

17 minutes ago, Ian M said:

How about you take your mrs upstairs and make made passionate love to her .. Twice ?! That should fill up 74 seconds or is this just me? 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Spoons said:

How about you take your mrs upstairs and make made passionate love to her .. Twice ?! That should fill up 74 seconds or is this just me? 

Why are you making mad passionate love to my missus? Do we have a problem here? :bruce_h4h:

Archived