IGNORED

Loan Watch 2016/17

Port Said Red

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Seems like a very raw player, but we've sent youngsters in similar postions out to Plymouth who have come back stronger.

As metionef by others; cost us next to nothing, so whether he ends up a part of our squad, or getting sold, we'll have done okay.

Just read the Argyle Twitter feed for the first half, they are absolutely raving about him, saying Exeter can't handle his power and pace at all..

I think there is a player in Garita. For a big guy he moves well and has good touch and dribbling. He's got decent IQ as well from what I've seen. Just wasn't a calm finisher at all. Maybe this loan spell will get him that confidence. Would he be a championship striker? Could be. Got the physical attributes for it and again his close control and dribbling is good for a man his size. This is a good loan spell to help develop him. I think he's got potential for the championship. 

When he signed for us it was mentioned that Arsenal (and Newcastle I think) had watched him previously, so it's not like he was a £50k translator is it.  He's only 21.  I've learned not to write a player off without seeing them play a few times.

Whether he goes on to make it as this level is another thing, but I hope he forges a professional career.  My mate (an Argyle fan) saw him last week and said he was excellent - a bit like Akinfenwa, but rolled out a bit slimmer.  Looks like he's doing well there.  Keep it up Arnold, Paul, whatever your name is.

Personally I've got a bit of a soft spot for him because when Joe went to the training ground for the day, he made Joe laugh a lot with his rubbish English.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I've got a bit of a soft spot for him because when Joe went to the training ground for the day, he made Joe laugh a lot with his rubbish English.

I've got a soft spot for him because when he first joined he was retweeting all the welcoming messages despite not understanding any of them. He began retweeting  vulgar messages about gasheads or Darren Clarke and they slowly got worse. I had to message him on Instagram in French (I speak a bit), and explain to him the situation. He thanked me profoundly and he's been my favourite player ever since. I messaged him after his first u21s goal and lent him my playerHD account in order for him to see it. My mate worked in the club shop and knew I loved Garita to bits and got him to sign a programme for me. Need to pick that up, hope I bump into him soon so I can chat to him and practise my French. 

54 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I've got a soft spot for him because when he first joined he was retweeting all the welcoming messages despite not understanding any of them. He began retweeting  vulgar messages about gasheads or Darren Clarke and they slowly got worse. I had to message him on Instagram in French (I speak a bit), and explain to him the situation. He thanked me profoundly and he's been my favourite player ever since. I messaged him after his first u21s goal and lent him my playerHD account in order for him to see it. My mate worked in the club shop and knew I loved Garita to bits and got him to sign a programme for me. Need to pick that up, hope I bump into him soon so I can chat to him and practise my French. 

Nice one.

image.jpeg

Wes got brought on alongside another forward at one all, and after his strike partner scored to make it 2-1, he's repeatedly hit Dundee on the break, ultimately winning a penalty that put Aberdeen 3-1 up.

They've got Rangers on Sky again next week; can see him and the other lad who they brought on playing a bit more than 15 mins as they both look significantly more dangerous than the players they replaced.

4 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

plymouth highlights. Garita looks as though he has a very good touch, but his finish didn't look great, not enough in the corner

In a situation like that, putting the ball underneath the keeper is often one of the best moves you can make. The keeper's trying to cover as many angles as possible, and weirdly enough it's a little trickier when you're attacking him head on. I think Garita acted instinctively, looked a good finish to me. 

Although WSM's season has taken a turn for the worst, I see George Dowling was MotM for them in midweek. 

http://www.westonsmareafc.co.uk/fixture_and_result/wsm-v-hungerford-town/

But I see that they have now sacked their Manager after getting knocked out of the cup by a lower league team. i hope the disruption doesn't affect him and McCoulsky.

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 08:39, MattWSM said:

Mcclousky and dowling having a tough time at the woodspring won 3 drew 1 lost 7 and now out of the fa cup in that order

I noticed this as well. Max O'Leary also played for Bath in the FA Cup, so I guess we believe we are not going to need them this season in our great FA Cup run.

Archived