IGNORED

Loan Watch 2016/17

Port Said Red

Just read this review on the Plymouth forum... Don't get me wrong, I want all of our loanees to do well but there's something just a little more interesting about a 50k punt...

This guy was the business worked hard and put himself about, also read the game well. Start him next week as a focal point

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

The physicality of L2 would suit JPG down to the ground. I'd imagine he could bully most defenses in that league kind of like akenfenwa does.

Ive never seen JPG play for city but does he offer more than being a physical lump upfront? Can anyone see him as a future first teamer?

For a big lump, LJ did say he has some nice touches too.  He was tracked by Arsenal a few years back, so can't be a complete mug.  He may have grown a bit too big for his age and struggles as a result.  I'll never write a player off as young as Arnie.  Good training, coaching etc can make a difference.

Good luck to him at Plymouth for the time being.

On 9/3/2016 at 19:33, JamesBCFC said:

Their fans certainly are impressed 

image.jpeg

Wow forgot all about Goodwillie's existence, how low he has sunk (by no means an insult to Argyle) after such a promising start to his Career, he was touted for big things.

From the local Sunday Independent match report:

"(Manager) Adams was very pleased with Garita - 'He has shown today that he can take the ball in, he can run in behind, he can get a shot off, and he can be that physical presence that annoys defenders and I thought he had a very good debut. He has shown already he has an eye for goal andI think he will get a few goals for us' " .

Not bad for a 40 minute sub appearance. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Delighted for him.

A decent loan spell there will do wonders for his career, whether it is in BS3 or not..

Seems like a very raw player, but we've sent youngsters in similar postions out to Plymouth who have come back stronger.

As metionef by others; cost us next to nothing, so whether he ends up a part of our squad, or getting sold, we'll have done okay.

Archived