IGNORED

Loan Watch 2016/17

Port Said Red

13 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Manager was happy enough with him !!

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/8272.php#.V6wwFVd4Wh8

High praise for Wes indeed:

"Wes Burns was playing his own game tonight with the crossbar! He was unplayable at times. You see the pace, positivity and confidence the boy has got. When he gets into full flow he is so easy on the eye. He has had a couple of great strikes and deserved a goal. He did so well for the first goal. On a horrible night he lit the game up. His attitude was second to none.

"I remember I went and watched Wes play for the Welsh U20s on similar horrible night on a horrible pitch at Newport and he put in an absolute top performance and his attitude was superb, just like it was tonight.

"I said our supporters would love Wes when we signed him because of the ability, his work rate and his attitude.

"As I say every time we missed a chance or hit the bar you start to think that maybe it is going to be one of those nights. Thankfully the players, Wes included were good enough to get the job done."

Another goal from our own "mini Tammy" for WSM. Good start to the season for them. :)

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/sport/welling-v-weston-100708/

The visitors went ahead on 15 minutes when Grubb's 25-yard free-kick went straight in.

There was only one team in it as Weston constantly got behind the Welling defence with neither full-back offering much protection.

Shawn McClousky had a shot saved and then fired just over so it was no surprise when he doubled the lead a minute before the break, beating the offside trap and slotting home.

1 hour ago, DanielHill said:

Difford, Moss, & Harris failed to get a game again at Frome. 

http://www.frometownfc.co.uk/reports/st_neots_away.htm

Is there much point of them warming the bench in the Southern Prem?

Morrell managed 30mins as a sub for Sutton Utd

I am assuming that as Frome are part timers that the kids will get games when the regulars are not available. In the meantime the match day experience is useful I would imagine.

11 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

In the meantime the match day experience is useful I would imagine.

If that's the case we should have put a clause in their loans that they are required to play x amount of minutes per week.

Whilst getting match day experience is good, they can get that from sitting in the Lansdown Stand! I would much prefer them getting game time, than sitting on a bench in the Southern Prem.

1 hour ago, DanielHill said:

If that's the case we should have put a clause in their loans that they are required to play x amount of minutes per week.

Whilst getting match day experience is good, they can get that from sitting in the Lansdown Stand! I would much prefer them getting game time, than sitting on a bench in the Southern Prem.

If they sit in our stand they get the same experience as you or I, and have zero chance of playing. I don't see a problem with them seeing the game from closer in and it's not like they are missing anything here as they are still training and playing with the U21s. 

Weston lost at home yesterday but, no sign of Dowling and McCou;sky was on the bench until Dartofrd went ahead and then........

"It took the wind out of Weston’s sails but the introduction of top-scorer Shawn McCoulsky made the difference it intended to.His pace was causing all sorts of problems and the Darts’ defence eventually succumbed. A clumsy challenge from Ibrahim gave the referee no choice but to point to the spot and McCoulsky made no mistake with the penalty"

Burns came on in the 63 minute for Aberdeen and had some sort of impact "Partick Thistle were reduced to 10 men when Sean Welsh took Wes Burns out on the break. The midfielder appeared to confront the linesman and was given his marching orders and a second yellow card by referee John Beaton"

Smith got 15 minutes for Cheltenham  no mention in the report.

Only two of the lads at Frome were on the bench despite them apparently not having a full bench?

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Very high I'd say, Yeovil or Cheltenham.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I think so, I think @JoeAman08 may be right and he should move up at least one league level, maybe even into league 2 

Cheers lads. This loan is still quite the step up for him as well, no? Can't remember what league he came from. Does he have the potential to reach our first team in your estimation? 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Cheers lads. This loan is still quite the step up for him as well, no? Can't remember what league he came from. Does he have the potential to reach our first team in your estimation? 

I've never actually seen him play, it does seem like the next logical step though.

I know a Brentford fan who saw him last season playing vs their reserves. He described him as "very strong and extremely quick" which sounds promising.

No idea if he could be a first team player though however there are a few posters on here who regularly watch our youth sides who'll have a far better idea than me.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Also think Tuesday the u23 are playing at Ashton Gate at 7pm. Just an FYI for those interested. Think I'll be going. Will be fun to see which of these lads impress. 

its a tempting one, want to go and see a few of their games, not sure I can justify going though unless I walk from kingwood, which is a lot of effort for a late night

31 minutes ago, City169 said:

its a tempting one, want to go and see a few of their games, not sure I can justify going though unless I walk from kingwood, which is a lot of effort for a late night

I can understand that. Quite a trek for you. I live about 15 min walk away and going from work which is even closer. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I can understand that. Quite a trek for you. I live about 15 min walk away and going from work which is even closer. 

I walked in the rain to make the Newcastle game last week because I couldn't afford the bus. The walk isn't too bad, just a fair distance. Determined to make every home league game for us, even if I have to walk in torrential rain some weeks.

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

I walked in the rain to make the Newcastle game last week because I couldn't afford the bus. The walk isn't too bad, just a fair distance. Determined to make every home league game for us, even if I have to walk in torrential rain some weeks.

:clap:that's the city support I like to see. O went to Newcastle in shorts and just my new gold city top. So cold and wet in the lower dolman. 

18 minutes ago, City169 said:

Fair play to you mate, there`s some live five minutes from AG that can`t be arsed to go but surely there must be some city fans over Kingswood way you could blag a lift with for home games.

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Fair play to you mate, there`s some live five minutes from AG that can`t be arsed to go but surely there must be some city fans over Kingswood way you could blag a lift with for home games.

No idea if there are, I don't know many people around here and have pretty bad anxiety

Archived