IGNORED

Loan Watch 2016/17

Port Said Red

We had a thread on here last season to follow the fortunes of our loanees, i thought it was quite useful in that it helped to remind me who we had developing elsewhere, so I thought I would start one myself.

To start us off.....

Shawn McCoulsky played a starring role in WSM's 3-1 win over Whitehawk, forcing an own goal and scoring one himself. George Dowling came on as a 68th minute sub but isn't mentioned otherwise.

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/sport/football/weston_super_mare_3_whitehawk_1_seagulls_off_to_a_flying_start_1_4647349

I also see that Joe Morrell has gone on a month's loan to Sutton United, but will still play for the U21's on a Monday night.

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We had a thread on here last season to follow the fortunes of our loanees, i thought it was quite useful in that it helped to remind me who we had developing elsewhere, so I thought I would start one myself.

To start us off.....

Shawn McCoulsky played a starring role in WSM's 3-1 win over Whitehawk, forcing an own goal and scoring one himself. George Dowling came on as a 68th minute sub but isn't mentioned otherwise.

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/sport/football/weston_super_mare_3_whitehawk_1_seagulls_off_to_a_flying_start_1_4647349

I also see that Joe Morrell has gone on a month's loan to Sutton United, but will still play for the U21's on a Monday night.

LOAN WATCH: Shawn McCoulsky scored and received man of the match as @WSM_AFCOfficial beat Whitehawk 3-1. George Dowling also featured.

One to keep an eye on 

:thumbsup::yes:

Wes didn't score for Aberdeen and only gets a mention in the BBC report as being part of an ineffective front 3 :( . Lets hope it's just his settling period. 

I couldn't see any mention of the City players in the Frome Town report, I did notice they are called "The Robins" though, so that will help them settle in :). 

23 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

To start us off.....

Loan watch?You can borrow mine if you like. Needs a new battery mind.

On 7 August 2016 at 20:34, fat_aj999 said:

Difford, Moss and Harris were all on the bench for Frome yesterday, with Moss coming on in the 78th minute, no mention of him though in the report;

http://www.frometownfc.co.uk/reports/hayes_home.htm

No mention of their performance on the Frome forum either. They did win 2-1 though, with City old boy Jordan Walker getting MOTM!

all 3 on the bench again tonight for frome town....seems a waste to me,  thought they were meant to play mens football..not watch it from the subs bench. !!!

2 hours ago, Posset red said:

Shawn mccouslsky 2 goals already in first half for wsm vs bath both good finishes one on one 

Not sure if he started or came on, but Dowling also played, as looks to have been booked late on.

Good to see them getting minutes and experience; how long are they looking to be out on loan?  Are they there for the season, or can they come back?

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

Not sure if he started or came on, but Dowling also played, as looks to have been booked late on.

Good to see them getting minutes and experience; how long are they looking to be out on loan?  Are they there for the season, or can they come back?

Shawn started and went off just before bath scored and Rowling started 

27 minutes ago, samo II said:

All 6 of the youngsters are only on a playing loan, they are still training with us and can play in the U21's if required. There's a link in post 4 on this thread.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

All 6 of the youngsters are only on a playing loan, they are still training with us and can play in the U21's if required. There's a link in post 4 on this thread.

Good stuff - two months away at Weston banging in goals like he is will do McCoulsky some good, I'm sure.

And who knows?  If he comes back fired up and with having had a decent run, might shove his way up the pecking order.

If the 'pathway' works, I imagine that isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Good stuff - two months away at Weston banging in goals like he is will do McCoulsky some good, I'm sure.

And who knows?  If he comes back fired up and with having had a decent run, might shove his way up the pecking order.

If the 'pathway' to work, I imagine that isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I am sure the club would like to loan them to clubs locally that are slightly higher up the league pyramid, but I don't think any of the comparatively local lower level professional clubs would go for loans with those caveats in them.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure the club would like to loan them to clubs locally that are slightly higher up the league pyramid, but I don't think any of the comparatively local lower level professional clubs would go for loans with those caveats in them.

Cheltenham would be the only suggestion, perhaps Yeovil too. I say those two mainly cos of the LJ GJ/Darren Way connection. Would take lots of trust between respective managers to allow it, maybe those two managers would.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeovil have opened the campaign with a couple of decent results, and have a relatively thin squad; might be a good destination for one or two later in the year (presuming they come back from their loans and go to non-league again; no emergency loans not in force there, right) - just pleased the boys are getting to play; seen similar pride from Chelsea fans about Abraham as I'm guess I feel about our own loaned out youngsters!

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Cheltenham would be the only suggestion, perhaps Yeovil too. I say those two mainly cos of the LJ GJ/Darren Way connection. Would take lots of trust between respective managers to allow it, maybe those two managers would.

Possibly, but it would be a little disrespectful to the coaching set ups at those clubs to ask and if I was in their position I would be loathe to play someone that none of my players had much to do with in training during the week.

When I was playing for a Western League team, we had a lad on loan from Bath City.  He wasn't very good, and there was something wrong with his registration that meant the 3 games he was on our team sheet meant we'd fielded an ineligible player. Cost us 9 points.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When I was playing for a Western League team, we had a lad on loan from Bath City.  He wasn't very good, and there was something wrong with his registration that meant the 3 games he was on our team sheet meant we'd fielded an ineligible player. Cost us 9 points.

Great story ......... :whistle:

Archived