IGNORED

The Official Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day Thread

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

Seems a good team selection - brave to play Geifer so soon.

So - anyone disagree with the line up or will we be treated to a gurt big dollop of hindsight if we lose/are losing ?

I'd start Brownhill over O'Neil, not only has he earned it but I think Hegler will provide us with enough experience/quality in that area.

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I'd start Brownhill over O'Neil, not only has he earned it but I think Hegler will provide us with enough experience/quality in that area.

I'd usually agree, but the importance of this match means I'm pleased we have the experience of GO'N sitting in there, and keeping us ticking over.

I also think having Brownhill's energy to bring on might help us if we have to change the game; none of Tomlin, Wilbs or Pack really us running in the middle if we need it.

Hopefully Brownhill can keep learning and improving, and before long take over that role, but today I think that midfield represents a sensible move.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Griffin said:

GoN and Hegeler complimented each other at Fleetwood protecting the back three. No surprise that LJ has selected them together again today. 

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

I'd usually agree, but the importance of this match means I'm pleased we have the experience of GO'N sitting in there, and keeping us ticking over.

I also think having Brownhill's energy to bring on might help us if we have to change the game; none of Tomlin, Wilbs or Pack really us running in the middle if we need it.

Hopefully Brownhill can keep learning and improving, and before long take over that role, but today I think that midfield represents a sensible move.

I'd be pleased if he was in form but he hasn't been great which is my main concern. I agree that his experience will definitely help, especially against an experienced (although currently not very good) Forest team.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

GoN and Hegeler complimented each other at Fleetwood protecting the back three. No surprise that LJ has selected them together again today. 

zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, cynic said:

So - anyone disagree with the line up or will we be treated to a gurt big dollop of hindsight if we lose/are losing ?

Line up looks very strong.

In fact, with all the reinforcements we should be far too good for a very poor Forest team.

It's very important the other decisions LJ makes today - on tactics/formation and the inevitable substitutions (which must each be well thought out and have a positive effect) enable all our players, and the team as a whole, to be at their most effective for the full 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I'd be pleased if he was in form but he hasn't been great which is my main concern. I agree that his experience will definitely help, especially against an experienced (although currently not very good) Forest team.

Cant disagree, but just hope that he plays well today.  It has been concerning how many injuries he has picked up this year, so think Pack or Brownhill will be in there in his place more often than not going forward.

But for today; just hope him and Hegeler keep Forest out, and give a good launch pad for the lads up top.

Edited by samo II
20 minutes ago, samo II said:

Yeah; odd one.

But can see the logic; with Tomlin, Pack and Brownhill on the bench looks like we've gone for more options to prop up the midfield if we get leggy, and that isn't a bad call.

Wilbs is that bit of experience, and I could see Tomlin deployed up top if we needed to keep the shape but replace a forward.

Just happy at that midfield, and the fact there are no changes apart from Tammy (which is a no brainier).

Hope Engvall is back next weekend and gets a crack at Burnley, even if off the bench.

WOW that's prophetic as that's pretty much word what LJ just said on the radio

23 minutes ago, cynic said:

I have the same concerns I have ever since we went up. Making wing backs work in this league, for us. We get knackered, score goals, but conceed more.

Given were we are now, very happy with this side, and fingers crossed we do the business today. Need to nulify any of their wide players, until the final whistle.

" What a surprise, no summer signings and even without lans it looks a stronger team. Don't really like Mance in dm but needs must I suppose. Also not a fan of Mills but the fact we have Worral on the bench plus Mance in MF proves how ridiculous bringing two new cb in this summer was. You have to wonder if PM hadn't had 6 options at cb each game would he have created a more consistent defence.. "

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I have the same concerns I have ever since we went up. Making wing backs work in this league, for us. We get knackered, score goals, but conceed more.

Given were we are now, very happy with this side, and fingers crossed we do the business today. Need to nulify any of their wide players, until the final whistle.

Tomlin should be playing and I would have Brownhill ahead of Little any day of the week 

• Like 1