Jump to content
IGNORED

International Cricket


Monkeh
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What's it like for the Taunton fans to see England play at Bristol? Can't imagine I'd enjoy the England footy team playing at the Mem

Don't go near it, crap ground 😁

I hadn't realised that this game (like the women against SA) was live on BBC2 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

What's it like for the Taunton fans to see England play at Bristol? Can't imagine I'd enjoy the England footy team playing at the Mem

Doesn’t bother me. Somerset are my team but I always want Glos to win as well unless they are playing Somerset.  
 

Watched James Bracey bat for Winterbourne last weekend. A faultless 67 before mistiming one to mid wicket.  Very nice lad and happy to chat to the kids watching after the game. If that was a Rovers player playing for a local team I wouldn’t have gone to watch!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NEW
16.4 overs
 

BREAKINGWICKET

Gleeson c De Kock b Ngidi 0 (Eng 150 all out)

A brilliant review as Gleeson departs for a ****.

South Africa win by 58 runs in a pretty dominant performance.

The three-match series is now level at 1-1.

it wasnt blanked out on the bbc 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Do you reckon it’s time to drop Jason Roy?

Yes. I’d also argue that Livingstone has done sweet FA for quite a while now. Also someone needs to teach this lot about control. Jos hits 2 sixes and a four.. you knew a slower ball would follow but nope skies it. Bairstow the same.   If you’ve already got 18 off the first three balls have some composure lads ffs 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I have to hold my hands up and say I have no idea what he is on about here? 

Anyone? 

Screenshot_20220728-230753_Twitter.jpg

Guessing he means that Curran is fighting for a place in the side so needs runs but if he is smacking the spin he’s got an increased chance of failure. It’s nonsense really as he should do what he has been told to do and not think of his own situation. Stokes is praising the bare minimum here. Even the kids I coach wouldn’t just go out there and nudge it around for their average so a pro cricketer certainly shouldn’t be. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Guessing he means that Curran is fighting for a place in the side so needs runs but if he is smacking the spin he’s got an increased chance of failure. It’s nonsense really as he should do what he has been told to do and not think of his own situation. Stokes is praising the bare minimum here. Even the kids I coach wouldn’t just go out there and nudge it around for their average so a pro cricketer certainly shouldn’t be. 

Wasn't it a historical criticism of Indian players? If they thought the game was drifting they would dab it about to bolster their own stats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Wasn't it a historical criticism of Indian players? If they thought the game was drifting they would dab it about to bolster their own stats

Certainly Indian players and fans love their stats. Many high profile Indians have been accused of selfish play many times. Tendulkar, Kohli, Gavaskar, Dhoni. Usually for batting for their average or a milestone. Dhoni definitely used to send others out to bat ahead of him if India were looking like they were going to lose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sam Northeast was asked last week in the changing room during the game, if he wanted to keep batting to break Lara (another selfish cricketer) record or try to win the game. The win looked unlikely but he chose to try to win it and they did 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
7 hours ago, phantom said:

I have to hold my hands up and say I have no idea what he is on about here? 

Anyone? 

Screenshot_20220728-230753_Twitter.jpg

For some reason I don’t reckon Stokes and Buttler get on that well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Certainly Indian players and fans love their stats. Many high profile Indians have been accused of selfish play many times. Tendulkar, Kohli, Gavaskar, Dhoni. Usually for batting for their average or a milestone. Dhoni definitely used to send others out to bat ahead of him if India were looking like they were going to lose. 

I remember an ODI at Lords a few years ago where India were chasing and fell behind the rate, though not completely out of the game if they accelerated towards the end. Dhoni came in at about no.6 or 7 and essentially treated it like a net session, scoring at about a 50% strike rate and barely playing an attacking shot, when he might have been expected to take a few risks to try and get then close. Think he was either not out at the end or last man out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62454761

Well step one, ICC needs to force the IPL to no longer have a 2 month exclusive window to be played in, how can 1/6 of the year be given to one competition? 

The players themselves frankly probably know The Hundred is too much but don't want to miss out on the pay day. 

The 50 over game is basically on its deathbed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TomF said:

The 50 over game is basically on its deathbed 

Unfortunately, I fear you are correct, which, for me, is a great shame.

Many of my favourite cricket memories are of the 50ish over format, first the Gillette Cup, later to become the Nat West Trophy (initially 65 overs, but later reduced to 60 - Lancs vs Mike Proctor's Glos sticks in my mind, live on the BBC and finishing in darkness, although the earlier Somerset vs Surrey game was my personal favourite), then the Benson and Hedges Cup (initially 55 overs, but then 50 - anybody remember the infamous Brian Rose game away to Worcestershire?). 

These one day games were, for me, the perfect format, combining the then three day game with a quicker version of the same thing, but all over and done with in a full day.

Sadly, the current version, using 'reserve' teams due to the abominable 100, is very much a watered down version, although it does give us the chance to see up and coming players and, of course, the live streaming was a great innovation and welcome bonus during the COVID  confinement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, I fear you are correct, which, for me, is a great shame.

Many of my favourite cricket memories are of the 50ish over format, first the Gillette Cup, later to become the Nat West Trophy (initially 65 overs, but later reduced to 60 - Lancs vs Mike Proctor's Glos sticks in my mind, live on the BBC and finishing in darkness, although the earlier Somerset vs Surrey game was my personal favourite), then the Benson and Hedges Cup (initially 55 overs, but then 50 - anybody remember the infamous Brian Rose game away to Worcestershire?). 

These one day games were, for me, the perfect format, combining the then three day game with a quicker version of the same thing, but all over and done with in a full day.

Sadly, the current version, using 'reserve' teams due to the abominable 100, is very much a watered down version, although it does give us the chance to see up and coming players and, of course, the live streaming was a great innovation and welcome bonus during the COVID  confinement.

Agree, my favourite Somerset game was at Lord's v Notts, in the B&H Viv decided it was a Viv day and pretty much knocked the runs off on his own ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...