IGNORED

Great win but at a cost? Famara

Red_Nine

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Only good thing is we have 3 games then a two week break. Taylor and Đurić need to step up again on Sat it seems. 

I reckon it’ll be Taylor and Woodrow with Đurić on the bench. Woodrow needs to step up, I thought he was poor on Saturday. 

Keeping everything crossed that Fammy is ok. Didn’t sound great from what LJ was saying but hopefully it won’t be as bad as feared. 

Sorry to say it, but his injury changed the game. Đurić came on and immediately won an aerial and flicked it on for our first goal. Famara hasn't done that all season. 

Đurić did a superb 50 mins. My MOM by a long way. Totally changed the game. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sorry to say it, but his injury changed the game. Đurić came on and immediately won an aerial and flicked it on for our first goal. Famara hasn't done that all season. 

Agreed, I'd start him Saturday, even if it means we only get him through 60 mins. Taylor is great but would be really interested to see bobby and Đurić play together.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Đurić is injured too?

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

That is complete rubbish, he has been very good at winning the ball and holding it up both on the ground and in the air.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That is complete rubbish, he has been very good at winning the ball and holding it up both on the ground and in the air.

Sorry PSR, I've not really seen it. He's held it up a few times but generally his hold up play is not very smooth and it ends up being a desperate scramble for the 2nd touch. I've seen very rarely any aerial victories resulting in an attack. Đurić did this soooo many times tonight. He was superb. 

In fairness to Famara, I did think he was doing better before he went off than he'd done all season so far. So there is praise for him, but Đurić is head and shoulders above him. 

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Last round - Famara flick to Taylor - short memory ?

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sorry PSR, I've not really seen it. He's held it up a few times but generally his hold up play is not very smooth and it ends up being a desperate scramble for the 2nd touch. I've seen very rarely any aerial victories resulting in an attack. Đurić did this soooo many times tonight. He was superb. 

In fairness to Famara, I did think he was doing better before he went off than he'd done all season so far. So there is praise for him, but Đurić is head and shoulders above him. 

Well in a literal sense he may be :). But I think Famara gives us more options in the way he runs the channels. I think we might potentially become more one dimensional with Đurić in the side. I like him though and that goal was all about desire and strength. 

Archived