IGNORED

City and the other lot home fixture clashes (Merged)

Never to the dark side

Not sure if any one has flagged this up yet on tuesday 21st november

City home to Preston

other iot home to Rotherham

346 preston fans came to ashton gate on a tuesday night in season 15/16

and with Preston currently in freefall  

I don't think too many will make the journey

So I presume the two games will go ahead on the same night?

Should be their turn to move the fixture. We moved the Burton game to Friday to avoid a clash. However if the argument is dealing with 2 sets of away supporters that fixture just shows how ridiculous that is. Can't imagine Burton brought more than a couple of hundred especially on a Friday night. And for any Burton fans who were looking to make a trip to Bristol to see their team, moving the fixture from Saturday to Friday can't have been great either.

Actually think it's a bit of a joke that a city the size of Bristol can't manage to hold 2 matches at the same time 5 miles apart. It's not as if the 2 sets of local supporters are actually going to be near each other. And with the exception of a few clubs in the Championship, it's not as if there are huge numbers of away supporters to deal with.  Especially on a Tuesday night with 2 middling teams from "Up North". More likely that the city's lack of transport infrastructure means that it's at risk of gridlock just from the hordes trying to reach the Gate and the small bands of the Blue Few trying to navigate their way around Horfield.

However now you have pointed it out, let's wait & see what Avon & Somerset's finest say. You never know common sense might prevail and let both fixtures go ahead as planned.

I don’t have a problem with the Police needing to move fixtures, if they are struggling on numbers, but it needs to be done well in advance, not within 3 weeks of the fixture!

I suppose 2 games on a Saturday is harder to come with than 2 games on a quieter Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

The Burton Game was moved because the Sags had Oxford, and trouble was predicted,  correctly as it turned out. Amazes me that people are happy enough to have a pop at A&S police but let the government who continually cut funding off Scot-free  ( morons )  .

Irrespective of who’s ‘turn’ it is, if that was the case the Gas should’ve been made to move their fixture. If they can’t be trusted not to run around head butting minibuses and animals that’s not our fault.

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

The Burton Game was moved because the Sags had Oxford, and trouble was predicted,  correctly as it turned out. Amazes me that people are happy enough to have a pop at A&S police but let the government who continually cut funding off Scot-free  ( morons )  .

I still can't work out why the match with potential trouble wasn't moved, irrespective of whose turn it was. 

24 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Surely any fixture clashes should be resolved when the fixtures are announced.

You can understand that A & S have a problem policing two massive events at the same time in a city of this size with such limited resources and with 20,000 coming to the gate and another 50,000 going to the mem it would be a logistic nightmare.

Quite so. They would be sharing their helmets and dancing to Reggae if dealing with 50,000 at the St Pauls festival (if it was on) despite the public order offences but of course football is different. So presumably every Millwall away fixture is midweek is it?

12 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Not sure if any one has flagged this up yet on tuesday 21st november

City home to Preston

other iot home to Rotherham

346 preston fans came to ashton gate on a tuesday night in season 15/16

and with Preston currently in freefall  

I don't think too many will make the journey

So I presume the two games will go ahead on the same night?

I flagged it up on September 18th :thumbsup::P

14 hours ago, myol'man said:

Are @JulieH and  @Mkelly aware of this? 

Yes aware, have been since the fixtures announced.

very small numbers of away fans expected at both games , both games are considered low risk with no history of disorder between any of the away teams.

therefore these fixtures will continue to take place on the same night .

the previous clash with oxford and burton was completely different as the Oxford game was a policed football match with disorder anticipated. ( which indeed did happen) . These are the occasions when one team will change the day of the match . 

19 minutes ago, myol'man said:

As they have been knocked out of the FA Cup in the first round (again)  R*vers have moved their home fixture with Rotherham to Saturday 2nd December.

So it now clashes with our Middlesbrough Sky match. 

@JulieH @Mkelly 

Surely they can't just rearrange a fixture for a day when we're at home??

Tell 'em to Foxtrot Oscar @JulieH!!

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It should be their turn to move it to a Friday or a Sunday- their game v Rotherham.

More police will be required for our game, simply by dint of us being a much better supported club! :thumbsup:

I would imagine that the game v Rotherham would have a minimal police presence, if any.  Both clubs have played at home on a Saturday before without any problems. 

Archived