IGNORED

Bakes

RT's Vaseline Tub

10 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Nathan Baker looks class even when not fully fit as playing through the pain barrier.

Villa must have been mad to sell him to us as a young pro with great experience already.

If you don't ask you don't get I suppose as they prioritised Terry & Samba over him!

A mad short sighted quick fix view...

A view echoed by a huge amount of Villa fans I understand.

16 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Nathan Baker looks class even when not fully fit as playing through the pain barrier.

Villa must have been mad to sell him to us as a young pro with great experience already.

If you don't ask you don't get I suppose as they prioritised Terry & Samba over him!

My nephew is a Villa fan-you only have to say 'Baker' to start him foaming at the mouth......

16 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Yet he got 5/10 in the player ratings for today, i kid you not.

I thought today was one of his poorer games for us this season, he had some  poor clearances/headers and gave away a few sloppy free kicks. Not helped by having Maggs at LB next to him though.

Even the best players can't be perfect every week though. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Think he has an answer for that Bob, as once he has put one of his "reducers" in they can't run any faster than he can..

Totally agree Graham

Jame Mc commented on such ability (With a twinkle in his eye) chatting to him at the Q&A 

Bakes has more of an edge than AF or even BR but knows how , when and where. (Most of time !)

Knows 'the game'

Add his positioning and reading of He game and any lack of hot pace becomes minimal

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I thought today was one of his poorer games for us this season, he had some  poor clearances/headers and gave away a few sloppy free kicks. Not helped by having Maggs at LB next to him though.

Even the best players can't be perfect every week though. 

I think he was struggling with his knee , and looked in pain / limping at times

In other circumstances I don't think we would have consider d asking him to play

Hats off to him for his commitment / guts

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Absolutely unreal. He has no defensive weaknesses at all. 

I think the only thing stopping him being a Premier League centre half is his injuries.

Is he really that much worse than the likes of Steve Cook, Lewis Dunk, Mawson etc?

If we don't go up ourselves I can see someone like Burnley bidding for him.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think he was struggling with his knee , and looked in pain / limping at times

In other circumstances I don't think we would have consider d asking him to play

Hats off to him for his commitment / guts

Thought he was gonna go off at HT, nobody can deny some of the commitment the players have shown this season.

Archived