IGNORED

JUST RELEASED - MANCHESTER TICKET DETAILS

RedM

On 07/11/2017 at 18:17, BCFC101 said:

Does anyone have any input on what the South Stand singing section sale procedure might be? In particular, me and my mate picked random seats when getting our season tickets because its unreserved, so the seats stated on our season tickets are not next to each other. Will we have to stick to those seats, or will we be able to select seats next to each other? For us it's not a particularly big issue as we are actually only a row away so will kind of still be together, but I would think there will be others in a similar situation but with stated seats much further away.

This will be a huge issue on match day, most people don't have seats next to one another due to getting unreserved tickets (and randomly allocated seats) for many seasons. Stewards will not be able to make every one stay in the 'reserved' seats

17 hours ago, Super said:

I saw one post about the ticket allocation with no replies

Let’s be realistic, it’s probably the most unimportant game for them this season. 

The Champions league, Premier league and FA Cup are far more important to their fans.

Watching a half reserve side in the league cup against us, is a very low priority for their fans, and club.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I have never used twitter (avoid it like the plague) but if I did use it, my reply would be something like this.

Hi Alex

I see the point you are trying to make, that Manchester fans who follow their team all over the country may miss out in place of a City fan who goes only occasionally to home games but your argument doesn't hold up and heres why.

Firstly, hypocracy much? Old Trafford holds 75,000 people and a paltry away allocation is offered for league games that accounts to less than 5% of the stadium which would be the equivelant of us giving you 1300 tickets. I am sure that thousands of loyal away fans miss out on tickets so that you can accomodate your weekly hoards of tourists from Singapore, Dubai or wherever.

Secondly, you may have noticed that it is a home game for us. Why on earth would we sell tickets to your self entitled fans when we can sell to our own? We want as much support for the home team as possible.

Thirdly.. thousands of loyal United fans missing out? Give me a break. It will pretty much be a reserve team fixture for you lot in a competition that is quite clearly last in your order of priorities. Hey guys, remember when our reserves played Bristol City in the Carabao Cup? I was there. Yeah right. If your loyal fans are that desperate to watch their team play Bristol City, feel free to invite us to a pre season friendly at Old Trafford. The fee will be high mind...

But seriously, For our team, this is a chance to get to the semi final of a major competition for something like the fifth time in our entire history. Humour us ffs.

Your article sums up everything about the arrogance and self entitlement of the big clubs and the tweets you've included just reinforces that point.

Nothing would give me more joy than turning you over next month.

Up the City

Can't you just post it at the end of the article in the comments section? I'd take the bit about humouring us, out though :city:

43 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Let’s be realistic, it’s probably the most unimportant game for them this season. 

The Champions league, Premier league and FA Cup are far more important to their fans.

Watching a half reserve side in the league cup against us, is a very low priority for their fans, and club.

If I lived in Manchester I'd make it a high Priority to visit Bristol.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

To be honest, its hardly a priority for us either.

We are going for promotion to the Prem this season.  That in comparative terms is bigger to us than a double is to them.

And we probably have more potential to achieve our targets than United do to achieve theirs. I cant see Untied winning anything this season. Man City and Chelsea will run off with the cups, and Spurs will come in third once again.  However Bristol City could well feature in the great Championship shake-up, so United probably want it more than we do 

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I have never used twitter (avoid it like the plague) but if I did use it, my reply would be something like this.

Hi Alex

I see the point you are trying to make, that Manchester fans who follow their team all over the country may miss out in place of a City fan who goes only occasionally to home games but your argument doesn't hold up and heres why.

Firstly, hypocracy much? Old Trafford holds 75,000 people and a paltry away allocation is offered for league games that accounts to less than 5% of the stadium which would be the equivelant of us giving you 1300 tickets. I am sure that thousands of loyal away fans miss out on tickets so that you can accomodate your weekly hoards of tourists from Singapore, Dubai or wherever.

Secondly, you may have noticed that it is a home game for us. Why on earth would we sell tickets to your self entitled fans when we can sell to our own? We want as much support for the home team as possible.

Thirdly.. thousands of loyal United fans missing out? Give me a break. It will pretty much be a reserve team fixture for you lot in a competition that is quite clearly last in your order of priorities. Hey guys, remember when our reserves played Bristol City in the Carabao Cup? I was there. Yeah right. If your loyal fans are that desperate to watch their team play Bristol City, feel free to invite us to a pre season friendly at Old Trafford. The fee will be high mind...

But seriously, For our team, this is a chance to get to the semi final of a major competition for something like the fifth time in our entire history. Humour us ffs.

Your article sums up everything about the arrogance and self entitlement of the big clubs and the tweets you've included just reinforces that point.

Nothing would give me more joy than turning you over next month.

Up the City

Mine would be,who the **** are you and who the **** are Manchester United.

11 minutes ago, WarksRed said:

this site is offering tickets using the pre developement ground plan . and up to £500  !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

https://www.ticketbis.net/bristol-city-v-manchester-united-tickets/ev445343?afl=7M8G0XTKR1&afl_custom_param=1-111c1fa9-gb-36440865-876877-GB

And it's at 3pm on Tuesday 19th.. Amazing these sites have already got there hands on tickets when they only get released to priority 1 supporters! 

Scam site if ever I've seen one! 

17 hours ago, glos old boy said:

To be fair Bob, many "City" fans didn't turn up for prev cup games but now want to see......The Great Man U, so yes there will be some who are coming to see them and wouldn't bother otherwise. The club will fill every seat possible, which is fair enough and for as much as possible, make no mistake though their job is far easier because of who we are playing.

I don't think it's selling out to see "the great Man U". 

Its the fact it is the quarter final of the cup that its popular. I'm certain we'd sell out for a q/f if we'd have drawn Leicester, or indeed had it been Palace in the q/f. 

The game is huge for City fans because it's a cup quarter final. Not because it's Manchester. 

I've  just returned from a night on the piss in @Spoons!! 

Had the same argument with the local horse puncher !! His words ' you will only sell out because you're playing man utd !' 

Absolute bollocks !!

Could be playing Bournemouth etc as @Harry mentioned and we would have still sold out !!

The fact we are playing a quater is the draw not the fact we are playing man utd !!

If we played Manchester in any of the previous rounds and charged the same prices we are for this game, I think we would still have sold out.  

The gates for previous games may have been higher due to price reductions.

If we were playing Stoke or Palace in the quarters, and charged the same prices as we are for the Manchester game just because it's a 'quarter final'...would we have sold out?  I'm not so sure.   Maybe that game would have reached general sale? 

The amount of people saying how long they've been waiting for a tie like this, would lead me to believe that it's Manchester that is the big attraction here.

My opinion, right or wrong.    ;)

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Its the fact it is the quarter final of the cup that its popular. I'm certain we'd sell out for a q/f if we'd have drawn Leicester, or indeed had it been Palace in the q/f. 

The game is huge for City fans because it's a cup quarter final. Not because it's Manchester. 

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

I've  just returned from a night on the piss in @Spoons!! 

Had the same argument with the local horse puncher !! His words ' you will only sell out because you're playing man utd !' 

Absolute bollocks !!

Could be playing Bournemouth etc as @Harry mentioned and we would have still sold out !!

The fact we are playing a quater is the draw not the fact we are playing man utd !!

Radical thought I know, but I suggest the popularity of this tie might have something to do with the fact that we're playing one of the biggest clubs in the world game for the first time in about 500 years.

We may have sold out against a lesser team. But it would have been far less certain, wouldnt have sparked additional membership sales, wouldn't have required a complex sales process, wouldn't have prompted people to buy tickets for other games, and nor would the club be able to get away with charging non-member prices to everyone.

But you can kid yourselves otherwise if you like.

• Admin
On 09/11/2017 at 09:33, RedM said:

@Wanderingred I think twitter has very recently upped its character allowance but that still doesn't fit into a tweet I'm sorry to say. Great read though and I totally agree. I would love her to see it and get a response. 

Could always write it in a notepad app and screenshot ;) 

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Quite. I cba to check attendances accurately for previous rounds but weren't they something like Plymouth 9k, Stoke 15k, Palace 21k?

With pricing based on attractiveness of opponent we have been adding approximately 6k fans per round progressed, I'd be confident of approaching sell out level regardless of who we drew. 

• Admin
31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Now you've lost me. It comes to things when my phone is much cleverer than its owner. :blink:

Just write more than the 140/280 character limit on another app, screenshot the message on your phone (hold power and home button on iPhone for example) then tweet the photo instead. Limit circumvented. 

On 07/11/2017 at 17:22, Neo said:

Wilksi - hello mate.

My daughter has mine linked and our friends and basically has purchasing power on those tickets so can buy the lot as can you provided they are linked - should be able to go online now and go though ticketing for a different game to prove it.

Without actually carrying on to pay section obviously :P

Hello Neo mate. Long time!!

thanks I’ll give that a go in a min. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 06:57, ChippenhamRed said:

Radical thought I know, but I suggest the popularity of this tie might have something to do with the fact that we're playing one of the biggest clubs in the world game for the first time in about 500 years.

We may have sold out against a lesser team. But it would have been far less certain, wouldnt have sparked additional membership sales, wouldn't have required a complex sales process, wouldn't have prompted people to buy tickets for other games, and nor would the club be able to get away with charging non-member prices to everyone.

But you can kid yourselves otherwise if you like.

Not quite 500yrs much nearer 50yrs and it was in the 2nd Div (and rovers were in the same div as well I believe) anyway we will 100% be playing, at best, their reserve team in a second rate cup game (judging by the pathetic draw shows, a non league cup) still its a chance for the club to make a few quid from its fans I suppose.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Not quite 500yrs much nearer 50yrs and it was in the 2nd Div (and rovers were in the same div as well I believe) anyway we will 100% be playing, at best, their reserve team in a second rate cup game (judging by the pathetic draw shows, a non league cup) still its a chance for the club to make a few quid from its fans I suppose.

You really are a joyless individual, aren't you?

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Thanks for pointing out that we didn't last play United in 1517. Does the concept of gross exaggeration for comic effect mean nothing to you?

Archived