IGNORED

2nd!

ThreeWordCityNerd

Something that I was thinking about is we are on a run of not really scoring what I would call ‘strikers goals’ but are relying on great midfield goals, with our defenders chipping in. All count the same, but could be so good when we get our forward line back!

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Something that I was thinking about is we are on a run of not really scoring what I would call ‘strikers goals’ but are relying on great midfield goals, with our defenders chipping in. All count the same, but could be so good when we get our forward line back!

Just as long as our midfielders and defenders don't forget how to score as well,  we need all the goals we can get!

Great couple of points today and second in the Championship.  In the semi final of the league cup, so still a chance of being in Europe next year :) .  I feel that a draw v Wolves on Saturday would be a good result given our injuries even though we may drop a place or two in the league, but 3 points would be terrific.

When our injured players are back, we will be terrific.  We are doing great with our deplwted squad, but do need to bring in one or two for cover in January.

Great to see Kelly get one today, that will do his confidence the world of good.  Patto's goal was delightful - I watched as it left his boot and prayed that there would be enough curl to swing into the top corner.

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

Guys i am in tears, best christmas present.

Thank you for everything team, love you so much. I will come to bristol soon maybe someone who goes to a game will take me with him, i want to see my team after 12 years of supporting it.

Love u alllll

Nice for you to see City live. The stadium and the town Bristol is very beautiful. Hope you will see a win. Always believe, COYR!!!

Very almost a year ago we lost 3-2 to Reading after being 2-0 up. That was when I started questioning Johnson.

What a difference 12 months really make. The team spirit throughout the whole club feels so much different. Amazing. Remarkable that we are still grinding out results and performances with the injuries we have too.

41 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Very almost a year ago we lost 3-2 to Reading after being 2-0 up. That was when I started questioning Johnson.

What a difference 12 months really make. The team spirit throughout the whole club feels so much different. Amazing. Remarkable that we are still grinding out results and performances with the injuries we have too.

Only just posted elsewhere that the Reading Home game last year was the game I started questioning Johnson.  I always wanted him to succeed but began to worry from this game.

After Preston, he got the go-ahead to ditch Tomlin (imho) and the rest is history.  He is supported fantastically by Holden and Macca, the combination of them has got us back on track.  Let’s not forget where they’d got us in the league prior to the winter of discontent!

Personally (from my position of no ITK) I would’ve got shot.  I didn’t want to but I thought it had to happen.

Had I been a fly on the wall inside Ashton Gate or Failand, my view may’ve been different.  I thought the Tomlin-effect was central,  it appears to have been so, but we could only speculate.

Archived