IGNORED

The Cardiff City FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 34

Septic Peg

Well, I didn’t expect much, but LJ got that very wrong. Easy to say in hindsight but if we’d have set up to play our game and not theirs then we’d have got something. 

Lucky that other results went for us. 

At least now we know we’re playing for 3rd-6th. 12 games left and (hopefully) in our hands. 

COYR

2 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

On this showing it’s criminal how Cardiff are 2nd, falling out of love with football.........

Although the brand of football (if you can call in that) is horrible, they are well organised and effective - much like Stoke used to be under Pulis.

Poor decision by LJ to try and match their direct approach, just did work at all. Fammy was absolute rubbish, lost the ball almost every single time it was played to him. Actually felt a bit sorry for Diony, despite all his knockers on here, given no service at all. 

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Not saying for one minute that we’ve deserved anything from this but the ref has bought lots of the soft Cardiff players falling over bollocks. 

We need to take responsibility for our own performance

We barely mustered up a shot on goal all game. Same could be said about the Fulham game. 

We are no where near good enough and the fact we completely ****** up our recruitment in January...again....pisses me off so much 

Bad team selection and tactics by LJ and leaving any subs to the last minute. Played right into NW's hands.  I can't see us staying in the play offs much longer unless we get a few more players back from injury and match fit.  Didn't deserve anything from today performance.

The team have been great this season and I genuinely think LJ and MA have changed the culture of the club for the better. But there can be no excuses for today.

If you abandon your usual tactics and play awful football purely to grind out the result then it is utterly vital to actually get the result. Otherwise it can only be seen as a failure.

That was ******* disgraceful. No interest in winning that game. Tell you what if we manage to scrape a play off place like that I won't be there to see because that was embarrassing. Say what you want about Cardiff and Warnock, but we played them at their own game and lost. Everyone knows what Warnock is about, he doesn't hide it. Well we like to think we are better, well after that we are just as bad.

I rarely get annoyed by how we play, but that was just crap.

Played pretty well against Fulham, so let’s just change our style completely. Just bonkers. We were playing it seemed for the 0-0 from the first minute, knowing that Cardiff are the masters of the scrappy 1-0. 

To lose playing our way, fair do’s. Why the bleeding heck do we try and out Warnock Warnock. Bizairre.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well, I didn’t expect much, but LJ got that very wrong. Easy to say in hindsight but if we’d have set up to play our game and not theirs then we’d have got something. 

Lucky that other results went for us. 

At least now we know we’re playing for 3rd-6th. 12 games left and (hopefully) in our hands. 

COYR

Easy to see in hindsight?

Piss poor line up and tactics that had us all questioning it before the game had even started.

To many people have been brainwashed by our apparent "modern day" coach and all his sound bites

Colin said it himself...."Lee talks a good game"

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

That was ******* disgraceful. No interest in winning that game. Tell you what if we manage to scrape a play off place like that I won't be there to see because that was embarrassing. Say what you want about Cardiff and Warnock, but we played them at their own game and lost. Everyone knows what Warnock is about, he doesn't hide it. Well we like to think we are better, well after that we are just as bad.

But there were plenty on here saying we will beat them, 1-4 2-0, etc, what a lot of tosh, obviously new to the Bristol City lark. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

The last 10 games have been catastrophic , and difficult to understand in the context of the first 20 games and the cup run. Hey we not in a relegation battle this year, that is progress, but still why the collapse ? 

LJ's teams seem to always have this sort of collapse during the season , if you look at his record.  So why should we be any different?

Archived