IGNORED

The Cardiff City FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 34

Septic Peg

11 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

And this is the time Johnson shows his quality. Been on a bad run for quite some time. Still showing he cannot turn things around promptly.

I don’t want to get into a “Johnson Out” campaign as he is a good manager, but hes had a continual problem at all the clubs he’s managed. He’s a bit like the girl in the poem:

“.....when she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.”

LJ doesn’t quite have the ability to change things when the team is on a bad run, or when things aren’t going well in a match. I think (hope) he’s like some of the players that have been signed - i e one for the future. He’s young so should learn from experience. 

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I rarely get annoyed by how we play, but that was just crap.

Played pretty well against Fulham, so let’s just change our style completely. Just bonkers. We were playing it seemed for the 0-0 from the first minute, knowing that Cardiff are the masters of the scrappy 1-0. 

To lose playing our way, fair do’s. Why the bleeding heck do we try and out Warnock Warnock. Bizairre.

I think LJ believes he’s a tactical genius,on that performance I think he needs some kind of refresher coarse!

20 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Doesnt help when we are so wasteful with things like corners either

I agree our play when we did get possession was very poor. I just don't think combatting it is as simple as some suggest, hence them being clear in 2nd place. 

I am disappointed we didn't just go and play our game however. We've been beaten anyway and now with the embarrassment of stooping to their level. 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Easy to see in hindsight?

Piss poor line up and tactics that had us all questioning it before the game had even started.

To many people have been brainwashed by our apparent "modern day" coach and all his sound bites

Colin said it himself...."Lee talks a good game"

What I mean is that if we'd have gone there unchanged from Fulham we'd not necessarily have got a different outcome.

He got it wrong today by setting up to imitate them and not outplay them. 

We're 6th, so I'm not going to hang the guy out to dry like some will revel in today. He's delivered more than we could have reasonably hoped for this season so is still hugely in credit, other than amongst those who will never support him no matter what he does.

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t want to get into a “Johnson Out” campaign as he is a good manager, but hes had a continual problem at all the clubs he’s managed. He’s a bit like the girl in the poem:

“.....when she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.”

LJ doesn’t quite have the ability to change things when the team is on a bad run, or when things aren’t going well in a match. I think (hope) he’s like some of the players that have been signed - i e one for the future. He’s young so should learn from experience. 

I agree, but at what point does he show he’s learning from the past?

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Was there one available who would improve us? Names?

Haha. Are you serious?

We were in the top 4. There are plenty of capable right backs who we could have gone and got on loan or bought. 

Dont give me all this "names" bollocks. You know it and I know it...our recruitment in January was shocking

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

For the 100000th time - January window was ******* awful. Diony & Walsh have in no way improved us. Kent OK as a squad player but won’t make us push on. 

Still relying on Diedhou & Reid playing well for us to play well as a team. Horrendous all round today. 

Totally agree, and so many on here saying stick with the philosophy - buy potential and develop it to sell on at a profit.

Great let's follow that but also lets accept that where we are now is as good as it's going to get for the foreseeable future.

We had a real chance to get automatic with the right signings in Jan - either the ambition simply is not there or those that make the decisions made the wrong ones.

It does cross my mind that potentially the squad are surprised by the lack of investment and may themselves feel that the chance has now gone, given the performances in recent weeks.

Our, as an alternative, the players and the coaches think they are far better than they actually are - hence the possible complacency.

Archived