IGNORED

The Cardiff City FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 34

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, BlueDredd said:

You definitely weren’t at the game

Based on? I must've missed the plethora (that means excessive btw) of chances you had, goal mouth scrambles, the amount of times you hit the post etc etc...

Yawn. It was an even game. Get over it, go have a beer with the friend you have instead of being on here. 

1 minute ago, Full nelson said:

I’ve said it numerous occasions! The season will just dwindle out. The players know they ain’t good enough or consistent enough to win the playoffs. Why put yourself through the heartbreak when deep in your heart you know you are not quite good enough as the other players you’re playing against. Bring on the rubbish ticks but you all know it is the truth. 

The reality is we have overachieved and probably aren't as good as the other playoff contenders. The table is starting to reflect that. No shame in that IMO.

Disagree about the season dwindling out though. We're still not an easy team to beat despite the blip, and I think we'll still be in the playoff mix until the end of the season. Whether we'll have enough IMO depends on our ability to arrest the slump. With a next five games of Sheff W, PNE, Burton, Ipswich and Barnsley, we have a big opportunity to get things back on track.

10 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

A lot of sense posted on this thread, and also some utter bollocks.

There was a lot of talk of Bristol being the “better team” despite being 10 points behind us before the start of the game.. yet all I saw was a Bristol side pump the ball long for the entire first half.

You were awful. Back down the table you go.

How strange the first day thing you do after the game is go on the rivals forum. Back to the red Malaysian turncoat franchise forum or whatever you call yourselves these days. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The reality is we have overachieved and probably aren't as good as the other playoff contenders. The table is starting to reflect that. No shame in that IMO.

Disagree about the season dwindling out though. We're still not an easy team to beat despite the blip, and I think we'll still be in the playoff mix until the end of the season. Whether we'll have enough IMO depends on our ability to arrest the slump. With a next five games of Sheff W, PNE, Burton, Ipswich and Barnsley, we have a big opportunity to get things back on track.

On current form I wouldn’t be surprised if we picked up one win. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

One thing is we have now played all the top five twice , yes we did crap at Bolton and so on but still better this than not , just got to give it a go 

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

One thing is we have now played all the top five twice , yes we did crap at Bolton and so on but still better this than not , just got to give it a go 

Yep. Anyone who thought we were just going to breeze to second or whatever needs a head check or hasn't been paying attention to this league. Every single game is a battle and we have no more right to win it than the other 11 on the pitch.

If you want to see a constant run of wins and then just moan like **** if it doesn't happen, then **** off and support Man City from your sofa.

1 minute ago, BlueDredd said:

Didn’t seem so quiet in the Canton end. I didn’t hear any of you.. but then again there was absolutely nothing for you to make any noise about.

As that is the football you watch every week I can understand why you red Malaysian dragons sit in complete silence. Sadly your dire style of play dragged us down to your level, luckily for you you beat us with experience. 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I see you think the run we are on isnt too bad. I will leave you with your weird opinions like that and not talking about the future.

Another towel thrown in is it ? What future do you elude to? One without Lee is it, Oh! you can't wait you and yours for us to lose again, why it's Spring and if you listen you might even hear Thatch,  and all the other Cuckoo's. We are still 6th, would you have taken that in August?  

And yes the run in is not daunting, it's in our hands.

But I am the nutter:facepalm:

19 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Didn’t seem so quiet in the Canton end. I didn’t hear any of you.. but then again there was absolutely nothing for you to make any noise about.

Johnson got one thing right this weekend: your ground = empty seats and unintimidating. 

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

At least we don't have watch your football every week .

That was dire from us but I imagine you are delighted by the result , just about deserved. 

A chap on another thread said it earlier on today.. you all slate Warnock’s style, and say we play long ball constantly, but that’s actually inaccurate.

Our football isn’t as pretty as yours.. but well 13 points ahead of you suits me just fine.

11 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Another towel thrown in is it ? What future do you elude to? One without Lee is it, Oh! you can't wait you and yours for us to lose again, why it's Spring and if you listen you might even hear Thatch,  and all the other Cuckoo's. We are still 6th, would you have taken that in August?  

And yes the run in is not daunting, it's in our hands.

But I am the nutter:facepalm:

Okay, you are a WUM I get it now.

You think our current run of results isnt too bad. 1 win in 10 is it?  I would say that is bad.

You think I want Johnson out despite me saying I dont

You are scared of debate and other opinions.

Clearly a WUM

I think the Fulham game proved that we still have it as did the first half of the Sunderland game and the Leeds game.  

Not sure what went wrong today, but we hardly had a shot, our passing was wayward and we were not closing down so well.

Diony haa shown nothing yet, but what service has he been given.

If a game was calling out for wingers, it was this one, but Ryan Kent was brought on too late to affect anything.

8 mins left and 1 0 down and we have no strikers left on the pitch.

It does look like we are on a big slide and need to string together a few results to finish in a top 6 spot with the pack close on our heels now.

Ok disappointed with todays result but we need to put football into perspective to life in general.

Like:

1) Why do British Airways seats only cater for 5 stone dwarfs ?

2) Why do people insist on standing on the airports moving walkway when it clearly states "keep walking" ?

3) Why do people get off the escalator and just stand there causing a pile up of other travellers ?

4) Why do network rail insist on doing engineering works causing disruption on any day that I am travelling ?

Archived