IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I got similar, outside my front door it's completely flat for about 6 feet- problem is that within that 6 feet there's a drop in height of about 7-8 inches from steps and a kerb, I stepped outside and sank.

At only 8 inches tall you must be the shortest person on the forum

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

A&S police may have said they had no objections to the match being played, but that does not mean the it must be played. If there are no objections from the police the ultimate decisions rests with the club. The police can’t force a club to play a match it doesn’t want to play

As said its pretty obvious we want to play, don't want to wait a few weeks for Wednesday's injury crisis to improve. 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just curious have you (or anyone) been anywhere near the ground today?

good friend of mine lives three roads away from the ground and said it's awful - wouldn't even walk to the Sainsburys from his house. All the trains to/from Weston & BTM have been cancelled for the rest of the day, and no buses are running either. It's all fine and well saying that the surrounding areas of the ground are OK, but you'd think it's ill-advised to tell people to park further away from the ground & walk in these conditions.

for me - i doubt the trains & buses will be back to decent running service, it's still gonna be -2 all day, and people aren't gonna risk driving....all points to a poor attendance/atmosphere full of people waiting to go home and be warm again :shutup:

Can't believe they are going ahead with the game. Main roads may be fine but side roads are a complete mess. If it is on tomorrow I might walk but don't fancy taking the car, parking could be a nightmare. I hope the club don't make a big mistake and end up panicking and calling it off at the last minute.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

As said its pretty obvious we want to play, don't want to wait a few weeks for Wednesday's injury crisis to improve. 

Or wait a few weeks for City’s injury problems to improve?

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

good friend of mine lives three roads away from the ground and said it's awful - wouldn't even walk to the Sainsburys from his house. All the trains to/from Weston & BTM have been cancelled for the rest of the day, and no buses are running either. It's all fine and well saying that the surrounding areas of the ground are OK, but you'd think it's ill-advised to tell people to park further away from the ground & walk in these conditions.

for me - i doubt the trains & buses will be back to decent running service, it's still gonna be -2 all day, and people aren't gonna risk driving....all points to a poor attendance/atmosphere full of people waiting to go home and be warm again :shutup:

Absolutely.

I will only be taking Joe if the roads are ok, and it’s significantly warmer tomorrow.  Much as I would go on my own, I don’t see the point in risking it.  It’s a game of football, I love my football, but it’s not that important.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

But if there is a risk to life then I don’t care what Wednesday team we face.

No one is holding a gun to fans heads saying they have to attend, if you don't think its safe to attend then don't. The flip side of a comment people using, its only a football match its not life or death to attend. 

46 minutes ago, hodge said:

Expect the club are doing everything in their power to keep this on as they recognise now is the time to play Sheffield Wednesday given how injury hit they are and out of form.

they are 1 place below us in the form table over last 10 games they are 24th..

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Absolutely.

I will only be taking Joe if the roads are ok, and it’s significantly warmer tomorrow.  Much as I would go on my own, I don’t see the point in risking it.  It’s a game of football, I love my football, but it’s not that important.

Very sensible.

My diesel is staying in the van.  Films and board games tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Absolutely.

Didn't even think of those with wheelchairs etc either mate - I wouldn't even contemplate it if I was you!

Such a strange decision for them to say it's 100% on, when there's still about 7 hours of heavy snow forecast, and it's all just going to freeze over again overnight as well...

As well as that - the players aren't exactly going to be up for it...!

3 minutes ago, cheesleywalksoncider said:

Can't believe they are going ahead with the game. Main roads may be fine but side roads are a complete mess. If it is on tomorrow I might walk but don't fancy taking the car, parking could be a nightmare. I hope the club don't make a big mistake and end up panicking and calling it off at the last minute.

I don’t see why they couldn’t put out a holding position, e.g.

"we are hopeful that the game will go ahead, and if the forecast is correct, we will do our best to keep it on.  However we really need to wait until the morning to see the status of roads around the ground, blah, blah, blah", Sheffield Wednesday have travelled down, so that’s, ok, etc"

2 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

they are 1 place below us in the form table over last 10 games they are 24th..

Well aware, they have around 12 injuries though. We saw what happened with Preston though when they started getting players back, horrendous losing streak, only had to get 1 or 2 key players back and went on a good run. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Didn't even think of those with wheelchairs etc either mate - I wouldn't even contemplate it if I was you!

Such a strange decision for them to say it's 100% on, when there's still about 7 hours of heavy snow forecast, and it's all just going to freeze over again overnight as well...

As well as that - the players aren't exactly going to be up for it...!

There is no way given the forecast that they can 100% guarantee anything.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Another ‘**** the fans decision’ by the club and I don’t mean just the city ones!

Can this club get anything right at the moment? Take the decision away from the police and just call the game off!

I don't quite see it that way, even though I hate the club's management.

But it does seem a bit idiotic.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t see why they couldn’t put out a holding position, e.g.

"we are hopeful that the game will go ahead, and if the forecast is correct, we will do our best to keep it on.  However we really need to wait until the morning to see the status of roads around the ground, blah, blah, blah", Sheffield Wednesday have travelled down, so that’s, ok, etc"

They've need to think outside the 4 walls of the boardroom to do that.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Very sensible.

My diesel is staying in the van.  Films and board games tomorrow.

Bristol Flyers are playing tomorrow night, but that’s indoors and all on main roads, so expect that will be my sporting activity tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

No one is holding a gun to fans heads saying they have to attend, if you don't think its safe to attend then don't. The flip side of a comment people using, its only a football match its not life or death to attend. 

Without wanting to sound horrible, some people will think by the gaming being on then that would mean it’s safe to travel.

I must admit that this is absolutely stupid, and shows total contempt for the fans. I've just walked to my local shop and it's absolutely treacherous, and I certainly would not want to drive. I wouldn't mind if the club even acknowledged the problems many of us will face, but it's like they live in a bubble.

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

There is no way given the forecast that they can 100% guarantee anything.

SAG make me laugh....................."got to keep the lights on at night matches in case someone trips"                   But given Siberian conditions, tricky under foot pavements, roads like glass...............no it's fine go ahead !

edit: it's now chucking it down as heavy as it's been :grr:

1 minute ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I’m surprised at this decision but assuming they’ve gone for the Arsenal option - accepting it’ll be half empty but at least we get the match done and off the fixture list. Not really fair on the fans though. 

Doing as Sky say.

Archived