IGNORED

Banned for use of a bad word?

Mr Popodopolous

20 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

And yet players eff and jeff all match and not a lot is ever done about that. Farcical. 

Anyway the guy is right, Harry Kane is a see you next Tuesday. 

Bitter scouser are you? Nothing at all wrong with HK, he is a good pro and a great role model. 

Seems a little over the top....obviously abuse and foul language is to be avoided, but all of us have acted on the spur of the moment, and then regretted it.  Everyone deserves a second chance.  I think it's a little extreme to ban loyal long term supporters for a momentary lack of dignity......it seems that they have been made scapegoats to warn others of their actions. All a little unsavoury and avoidable, feel sorry for them.  In fact they only stated the truth..............only kidding

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bound to be more to this story than he wants you to know. For all we know he may have been repeatedly warned about bad behaviour etc. Seems very extreme otherwise. 

Perhaps he was found with stolen hubcaps under his seat

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bound to be more to this story than he wants you to know. For all we know he may have been repeatedly warned about bad behaviour etc. Seems very extreme otherwise. 

It's possible...but then again the PL is now VERY sanitised, and the higher up you go the more sanitised it is etc. 50/50 I'd say.

You know the numbers of stewards we had v the 2 Manchesters? That's the new normal or something like it if we go up.

To be fair fans have been ejected at various grounds for swearing for years.

I'll never forget the first game of the season away to Notts county in the mid 80's or so ,not many of us up there ,and literally 5 mins into the game a bloke to our right said the f word ,but not in a particularly offensive way,and was marched out by two stewards.We all watched our p's and q's that day.

Match was a very tedious 0-0 draw,the bloke as it turns out had been quite lucky!

I've never understood how fans can be taken to task for swearing and clouting someone, yet as a player you can swear as much as you like and very rarely get a yellow card, and if you head butt someone or punch them, you may get a red card, but the Police never get involved. How's it different? It's still an assault and not part of the game.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I've never understood how fans can be taken to task for swearing and clouting someone, yet as a player you can swear as much as you like and very rarely get a yellow card, and if you head butt someone or punch them, you may get a red card, but the Police never get involved. How's it different? It's still an assault and not part of the game.

Take your point but Duncan Ferguson may disagree.

Bloody ridiculous,, what are they doing to our traditional football grounds? - places (sanctuaries) where the ordinary working/family man could go once or twice a week to let off steam and the frustrations of life along with letting go of a few inhibitions with others of similar backgrounds to jump around, hug, shout, cry, sing with joy when 'their team' does well etc.....

Sweary words go hand in hand with that, if it's accepted from the *management and pro's in the dressing rooms (of course it is, & rightly so) it's the same passion that runs through the veins of the supporters, oft regarded as the 12th man, etc and must at times be expected and accepted in the stands too. (*we all seen the fly on the wall, behind the scenes TV documentaries.. Warnock et al at club level, to the top of the game, Taylor as the FA's England team manager... bad language is part and parcel of the game, (can you think of a game, other than tiddly winks and ludo where it's not? ) it is cultural (sometimes a bit OTT admittedly) but usually self controlled reasonably well and accepted within reason by the paying public within earshot.. sanitise too much and kill the game, they'll sanitise the life out of it.

Oh well thank f.cu.k for Sky then...

#  '' Swear At The Telly, We only Swear At The Telly, Swear At The T E L L Y, We Only Swear At The Telly!!!  "  

13 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Bloody ridiculous,, what are they doing to our traditional football grounds? - places (sanctuaries) where the ordinary working/family man could go once or twice a week to let off steam and the frustrations of life along with letting go of a few inhibitions with others of similar backgrounds to jump around, hug, shout, cry, sing with joy when 'their team' does well etc.....

Sweary words go hand in hand with that, if it's accepted from the *management and pro's in the dressing rooms (of course it is, & rightly so) it's the same passion that runs through the veins of the supporters, oft regarded as the 12th man, etc and must at times be expected and accepted in the stands too. (*we all seen the fly on the wall, behind the scenes TV documentaries.. Warnock et al at club level, to the top of the game, Taylor as the FA's England team manager... bad language is part and parcel of the game, (can you think of a game, other than tiddly winks and ludo where it's not? ) it is cultural (sometimes a bit OTT admittedly) but usually self controlled reasonably well and accepted within reason by the paying public within earshot.. sanitise too much and kill the game, they'll sanitise the life out of it.

Oh well thank f.cu.k for Sky then...

#  '' Swear At The Telly, We only Swear At The Telly, Swear At The T E L L Y, We Only Swear At The Telly!!!  "  

Ok, I'm going to risk a ban from the forum but I must say it ...............

WIDDLE, POO, FART !!!!!

15 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Yep, I'm a Liverpudlian. Except I sit in the Dolman. And born in Bristol. And support City.....

I am not going to dispute your a Liverpudlian one of my brother in laws was born in Bristol and probably conceived there but claims to be welsh  

Probably linked to corporates moaning about swearing maybe a bit too, especially PL as a risk factor- feeding into that whole attitude...

To which I would say...hopefully the whole ground would join in with this at them if it happened (the non-corporates chanting at the corporates). 'If you don't like swearing, then **** off'. Ideally, would be tweaked to make it into a chant.

Archived