IGNORED

No more excuses.

Red 90

8 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

We have picked it up a bit over the last four games (7points) which ain't too bad-would take it now if we could replicate that over the final eight matches..

Another 14points would be a good effort placing us with a 75point finish...........might just be enough ???......

My thoughts exactly. 75 Will be enough as long as we dont lose to Boro/Sheff Utd. We'll do it.

16 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree, but in line with the past 2 seasons lessons need to be heeded and not repeated, during the bad run some did start to creep back in.

We are strong at the back with 2 emerging talents, it's midfield where the work needs to done, we desperately need a leader who can organise the midfield and hopefully can pick a final pass, we too often run out of ideas in and around the opponents box.

We need to improve our delivery from wide and boy oh boy do we ever need somebody who can actually take a free kick ours have been woeful.

Far more thought needs to go into our loans as well, Woodrow, Diony and Kent have been incredibly poor and Kent's signing has given LJ the opportunity to even further stifle Eliasson's progress with us.

Don’t think he’ll be near the first team for a while but Jake Andrews will be up there as one of the best in the country for free kicks in years to come 

16 hours ago, phantom said:

For me a great turn around on 12 months ago, but disappointing considering where we were at Christmas

Let's hope if we don't achieve promotion we don't "do a Reading"

I don't think that is likely; no foreign owner and no frequent managerial changes. Stable steady progress.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

One league win throughout the whole of January and February seems like one win in two months to me...

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we had 0 wins between Jun and july, sack them all

What a strange response. You said we have NOT gone two months with only one win, I pointed out that we have - Jan and Feb - and you can only offer that guff in reply?! And I didn’t say anything about sacking anyone.The sulky little sarcastic replies, when someone realises they are wrong, always amuse me!

Unless we make the playoffs I will look back at this season as a wasted opportunity and I’m gutted how we’ve fallen away.  The playoff place was ours for the taking and regardless of where we are in terms of the teams development you just need to grasp these sort of chances when they come along.   Our form for the two months following wolves has been inexcusable and though results have picked up, with the exception of a couple of games we’ve haven’t recaptured our attacking edge and don’t look that great.  It’s still all to play for but at the moment the season feels like we’ve let it slip and I can’t understand why we didn’t go bigger in the transfer window.

59 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a strange response. You said we have NOT gone two months with only one win, I pointed out that we have - Jan and Feb - and you can only offer that guff in reply?! And I didn’t say anything about sacking anyone.The sulky little sarcastic replies, when someone realises they are wrong, always amuse me!

it was a response to 1 win in two months and i pointed out it was actually 3 win in the last two months,

if the person said 1 win between jan and feb then you would be correct,

and how you can tell I'm sulky from behind my screen and keyboard is beyond me

2 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Unless we make the playoffs I will look back at this season as a wasted opportunity and I’m gutted how we’ve fallen away.  The playoff place was ours for the taking and regardless of where we are in terms of the teams development you just need to grasp these sort of chances when they come along.   Our form for the two months following wolves has been inexcusable and though results have picked up, with the exception of a couple of games we’ve haven’t recaptured our attacking edge and don’t look that great.  It’s still all to play for but at the moment the season feels like we’ve let it slip and I can’t understand why we didn’t go bigger in the transfer window.

Have you watched Bristol City, or football at all for that matter, for very long..?

You are aware that form peaks & dips throughout a season and that there are 23 other teams trying to stop us from winning every game, yeah..?

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Have you watched Bristol City, or football at all for that matter, for very long..?

You are aware that form peaks & dips throughout a season and that there are 23 other teams trying to stop us from winning every game, yeah..?

Yep quite aware how football works but thanks for the pointers.   Opportunity doesn’t knock often and when it does some teams take full advantage and some don’t.  It wouldn’t have taken too many extra points since Wolves home for us to be safely anchored in the playoffs but it took ages to sort out the form and performances still aren’t that great.  By any stretch of the imagination the transfer window hasn’t helped the cause and certainly wasn’t used to try to address our poor run of form and probably lacked a little ambition.

20 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Yep quite aware how football works but thanks for the pointers.   Opportunity doesn’t knock often and when it does some teams take full advantage and some don’t.  It wouldn’t have taken too many extra points since Wolves home for us to be safely anchored in the playoffs but it took ages to sort out the form and performances still aren’t that great.  By any stretch of the imagination the transfer window hasn’t helped the cause and certainly wasn’t used to try to address our poor run of form and probably lacked a little ambition.

The transfer window in which we signed one of the most sought after young premiership talents, that a host of championship clubs might have liked (Kent) and a £5million+ rated striker (Diony)..?

Granted, neither have looked any good and weaken the team, in hindsight, but I don’t think citing a lack of ambition is fair. They both showed a very positive intent. 

37 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Another newbie who doesn't understand the clubs transfer philosophy.

I suggest you read it and understand it before you post nonsense like this.

On 3/27/2018 at 13:41, 1bristolcity said:

Now now, no need to call for heads just yet, you can't build anything on shifting sand, even if we have to wait a couple of seasons it will be a major achievement to get in the Prem Sacking Johnson will only serve to put us back to square one. We have seen a huge improvement in how we play, and that is down solely to Lee, we need to stick with a plan.   .

See the usual confused .com merchants cant help but put up on posts, what the hell is confusing about how we have progressed this season? Do they really want our form to plummet just so they can promote their sleeping campaign against LJ? What gets me as one of the main protaganists carries one of our true legends name, Oh the irony.. who let him back on here?   

6 hours ago, General Zod said:

Going big in the transfer window would have made no difference. LJ did what he thought was right and in the short term he was wrong/unfortunate. If he had signed different players, it could all still have gone wrong.

Our form since wolves has not been inexcusable because we have plenty of excuses or reasons why that has happened.

Maybe we aren’t ready to grasp this opportunity and maybe we are but whatever happens, as a club we are progressing.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Another newbie who doesn't understand the clubs transfer philosophy.

I suggest you read it and understand it before you post nonsense like this.

Brilliant just because I don’t post much doesn’t mean I’m a newbie.   I get the clubs vision but will still question and challenge it at times when I don’t agree.  I understand the clubs transfer philosophy and I guess that’s my point.  We progressed beyond most peoples expectations until Christmas, playing great football and looking good for a playoff spot or perhaps more.  Sometimes an unexpected opportunity presents itself that is worth a short term deviation from the plan.  Or are we saying that the course we’ve set can never be changed no matter what.  For me it would  have been good to show intent and go for it a little bit more in January than we did.  Just an opinion, obviously different to yours but I believe  valid just the same.

9 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Brilliant just because I don’t post much doesn’t mean I’m a newbie.   I get the clubs vision but will still question and challenge it at times when I don’t agree.  I understand the clubs transfer philosophy and I guess that’s my point.  We progressed beyond most peoples expectations until Christmas, playing great football and looking good for a playoff spot or perhaps more.  Sometimes an unexpected opportunity presents itself that is worth a short term deviation from the plan.  Or are we saying that the course we’ve set can never be changed no matter what.  For me it would  have been good to show intent and go for it a little bit more in January than we did.  Just an opinion, obviously different to yours but I believe  valid just the same.

If you read otib regularly you'd know that your concerns are shared by some posters and the topic has been done to death.

MA, appreciating  that City had/have a chance of the pray-offs said that the " the club are not chasing promotion"  thereby explaining  why no significant signings were made in January. 

There us a long term strategy in place at City. The first was the development of AG now completed. The trading facilities at Failand being improved. Experienced professionals in every department all recruited by MA under SLs guidance.- All getting ready for the PL 

City might get there thru the pray offs this season and if we do it'll be question of sucking and seeing. 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It has been - done to death.

Some understand it and other don't.

And that’s good isn’t it?  I understand the clubs approach but it’s still right to question and debate especially on a forum.  Surely as fans it’s good to ensure those fortunate enough to be in a position to make decisions about our club whether that’s as an owner, board member, manager, staff or players are accountable if only in hope that at times they stop and think.

Archived