IGNORED

Engvall off again.

Super

17 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Since arriving in BS3, Engvall has made nine appearances for Lee Johnson’s side and is yet to register a goal.

Is it me or is the release on our site as little passive aggressive.

Also the sharpening of the point they can recall.

he got 1 more season here then he off if he not sold

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

And how much of him have you seen to make that judgement? 

That’s it I haven’t, but I trust LJ and the management have..

did we have him on trial before signing him? I know monies talk but it’s all a bit random, he can do the talk but not walk the walk

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

So, add this to the rumour that he basically doesn't want to be here and never did and a picture is painted.  We've got ourselves caught up in some kind of money laundering.

I feel sorry for his girlfriend. I thought she moved over here to be with him and the great fairy keeps going back to Sweden .

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Perhaps the signing of Gus was actually done before it was 'official' in August, and it was something the present manager couldn't control.

We know deals are put in place and agreed way before they are official. It's happened before...however some have been called off.

I suppose it depends on clauses and agreements etc. Who knows in this case. But it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm sure this was not the case. The deal was done very late and it only took a few days of negotiation.

4 hours ago, General Zod said:

I get that some signings will work and some don’t but for whatever reason we seemed to lose interest in Engvall very early in his city career.  I guess there may be more to the story and we have to keep singing his praises, protecting our investment until he’s off the books.  Surely after a season of hanging round the first team, getting use to our style of football the guy should have been loaned to a league 1 club to get use to the English way if deemed not ready.  Like it’s been said, let’s hope we learn from this and handle Elliason differently.

He turned down a league one loan that' was on the table before..

I believe at that juncture a few alarms bells may have started to ring...

He doesn't want to be here so get rid.

5 hours ago, SX227 said:

I'd love someone like LJ or Jmac to confirm if they think the lad can play.

If so - why is he on the naughty step?

If not - why was he signed?

Something really stinks about this deal - and 600K in "agent fees" to a couple of blokes who don't have any other clients.........

He's played what - 48 minutes this season in the league?

I doubt the truth will ever come out, but all the season ticket price rises would have been covered if we hadn't signed Gus.

FWIW, and this is only based on TV / post match video - he's looked far better than Diony.

And Woodrow.

I thought the days of 'only dealing with certain agents who ensure the gaffer* gets a bung' were long gone.

@spudski  knows exactly who and what I'm talking about.

*not current BCFC staff

I genuinely think its not that complicated, if you think back there were a few clubs in for him so we paid a good fee for him, the fact there were more than a few leaches in the deal is something for Gus to worry about.  When he came here he was still young and failed to settle so was loaned back out, he has the talent he's just not settled and until he does, then he's got to be down the pecking order as its most likely that his future is not with BCFC.

Said a while ago, the next loan move would need to be in England, where we can keep a closer eye on him and get him used to playing the English way.

He's never going to settle here. There's probably a clause in the agreement that they pay the bulk of his wages, maybe for a cut price payback fee, where we have a future sell on fee maybe. 

Look at Garita, bought here and never looked ready for the first team really. Took every loan move he could, in England, never once complained about it and always had a smile on his face.

Some moves don't work out, this looks to be one.

44 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm sure this was not the case. The deal was done very late and it only took a few days of negotiation.

Indeed, very much in the mould of "one for the future", as per the SL/LJ long term plan.

We could hardly get one for the present under Cotts. 

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Not long after his arrival WeeLee let slip Engvall was a "Panic Buy....." 

What he implied ( correctly) was he is utter tripe. Djurgarden? Wouldn't get a regular kick In The Night Garden.

Yeh, and he was right about that - the club is definitely panicking about what to do with him.

13 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Get rid of him.  Seems he doesn't want to fight for  a place in the team. 

Agree with the sentiment about getting rid of him, but hes seen numerous players brought in since he signed, most of whom arent great, and been given no chance.

i get the feeling in this case, he isnt fussed, nobody at the club is fussed, but we pissed a load of money up the wall.

this is the exact issue with the clubs policy of signing young players who might improve,,, it takes a few of them to not work out, then you are relying on selling the ones that do just to balance the books. We might get our money back on maggers, but engvall, taylor moore, maybe elliason, and the likes of hegeler and matty taylor arent looking good investments. And it will need djuric to prove he can stay fit or he will be on that list too, and thats the best part of 7 million in transfer fees. 

9 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

There were many "strange" goings on during this transfer and the ownership of the player.

I am sure @bristolcitysweden can fill you in more

First question..... who are all these people in this picture?

Image result for engvall signs for bristol city

The two on the left look exceedingly dodgy; think I said so at the time. Think it comes from this dumb insolence 'hands in pockets i don't give a 5hit pose'. Never quite figured out why anyone would do that in a photo. Somebody, these guys, or whoever dropped an almighty clanger with this player it seems. LJ is probably doing the right thing by saying as little as possible on subject. if he opens up about it, however he phrases it, be might get castigated in some quarters. To be fair to Engvall City have made a few very poor transfer signings in recent times. I suppose its part and parcel of the game. 

8 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

There were many "strange" goings on during this transfer and the ownership of the player.

I am sure @bristolcitysweden can fill you in more

First question..... who are all these people in this picture?

Image result for engvall signs for bristol city

Buy one, get three free!

The problem is that he don't get game time. He is a decent footballer though. Far better than quite a few given the chance. To say he has not settled is not truth. He loves Bristol and so does his girlfriend. They were very unhappy to give up their apartment before the second loan spell with Djurgården. His girlfriend is studying at the uni in Bristol. I believe this tragedy was set up for someone in England to benefit from the lion part of £600,000.    

41 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The problem is that he don't get game time. He is a decent footballer though. Far better than quite a few given the chance. To say he has not settled is not truth. He loves Bristol and so does his girlfriend. They were very unhappy to give up their apartment before the second loan spell with Djurgården. His girlfriend is studying at the uni in Bristol. I believe this tragedy was set up for someone in England to benefit from the lion part of £600,000.    

I see loadsa Swedes are calling him a snake, why is that?

Archived