IGNORED

Engvall off again.

Super

10 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

very strange his sudden departure yeah always had /have our suspicions  with this signing from day one  Was it really a L J signing   ? I think not !

With Djúric and Pisano were signed we heard lots from LJ that he’d been to Italy several times personally to watch them.  Don’t recall him saying the same with Gustav.  I may be wrong.

FWIW I actually think Gustav could’ve come good, but this loan suggests City are putting him in the shop window to attract more than just Gothenburg into a bidding ‘war".

Feel sorry for Gustav, but of a pawn by the seems of it.  Met him a couple of times, seems to have a pretty sensible head on his shoulders.

7 hours ago, The Batman said:

Engvall must take off his mask and reveal who he really is.

Peter Styvar

We will never know, Diony gets to play and can’t hold the ball, Paterson won’t play forward unless Moses opens the waters for him, Joe has to make sure the cameras on him, throw ins from attacking positions straight back to centre backs - where’s the adventure gone?

Gus never got any meaningful time with us, just look at our recent games - “the favourites” get to play every game regardless of their commitment or skill! OR LACK OF? 

Giving Gus and a few others an honest opportunity would have least given LJ an excuse for our recent poor form, where is tinkerman when we ACTUALLY need him?

COYR

20 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Because Gustav took Gothenburg to the Swedish FA about how his sign off bonus should be calculated, before or after agent fees. 

Does the above directly answer the question about below? I don't think it does. I think it is extremely disingenuous to bandy about numbers as if they are gospel. I would like to see hard evidence of this which, of course, we are not going to see. 

10 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

So, who in England got the major part of £600,000 for doing nothing. Nothing at all. 

On 29/03/2018 at 13:19, spudski said:

Perhaps the signing of Gus was actually done before it was 'official' in August, and it was something the present manager couldn't control.

We know deals are put in place and agreed way before they are official. It's happened before...however some have been called off.

I suppose it depends on clauses and agreements etc. Who knows in this case. But it wouldn't surprise me.

You are totally incorrect. Will you ever make LJ responsible for anything ? 

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I know you have to be ultra careful when trying to get a feeling from an interview when it`s a translation but he really doesn`t seem happy does he?

Cant blame him tbh.

This drives me mental. We buy this guy, don’t give him a decent chance to prove himself on the pitch, yet we get two joke strikers in on loan, each of whom gets more game time than him. How is this part of the five pillars? How is this developing youth? How is this spending wisely? If he had been given a decent shot then at least we could say it just didn’t work out, but the poor kid didn’t even get that. Especially when you consider the striker shortage we have had over his time here. I wonder what pr stuff the club will put out to cover this fiasco?

Will Eillison be “homesick” too?

13 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

This drives me mental. We buy this guy, don’t give him a decent chance to prove himself on the pitch, yet we get two joke strikers in on loan, each of whom gets more game time than him. How is this part of the five pillars? How is this developing youth? How is this spending wisely? If he had been given a decent shot then at least we could say it just didn’t work out, but the poor kid didn’t even get that. Especially when you consider the striker shortage we have had over his time here. I wonder what pr stuff the club will put out to cover this fiasco?

Can't hit a barn door apparently, even in training!

Probably end up taking £750k for him in the summer......he will be the first of many to leave me thinks

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Can't hit a barn door apparently, even in training!

Probably end up taking £750k for him in the summer......he will be the first of many to leave me thinks

If true that is a worry. You might have thought that when scouting a striker, a scout  might cast a casual glance over his ability to shoot straight! Perhaps that explains why we also signed Diony. Whilst I believe in equal oppertunites, I think football scouts should not be blind. Here comes the political correctness backlash....

34 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

The start of 'the rot was when he point blank refused a league one loan which would have helped him adapt to the game here..hardly the right attitude for someone with determination to give his best shot...

With that approach is it any wonder he fails to impress those paid to make decisions in and around the first team??

If I were his boss he would have me absolutely 'threaders.

Archived