IGNORED

Derby v Sunderland

daored

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Except we still have to play Millwall and Boro away and haven't played well away in the league since the turn of the year.

It's not other teams we should focus on - rather our own away form that gives every reason to be negative!

The away form is undoubtedly a concern but we're unbeaten in 5 at home - 3 wins, 2 draws. And despite our indifferent form we are still right in the mix. Given that pretty much no one expected us to be pushing for the play offs this year, it makes far more sense to me to be positive about the situation we find ourselves in.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The away form is undoubtedly a concern but we're unbeaten in 5 at home - 3 wins, 2 draws. And despite our indifferent form we are still right in the mix. Given that pretty much no one expected us to be pushing for the play offs this year, it makes far more sense to me to be positive about the situation we find ourselves in.

Yeah, Monday is massive a win against Brentford and regardless of other teams results were truly in the mix.

Think it's great that we have Boro,Millwall and Sheff Utd still to play.

If we had teams in the bottom six to play we would royally **** it up. We have half a chance!!!

11 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

When will people understand anyone can beat anyone on their day in this division. Whether you're first or not have a off day and a good chance you'll lose. 

Imagine the melt down on here if we were Derby. 

Rowett out

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Commentary ‘Derby are making Sunderland look like Barcelona’

:laugh:, yeah as Barcelona win with 40 pct possession. More like- and it's hard to think of a seriously high level counterattacking side- but let's say Atletico Madrid. I get the point being made but it's a crap example by commentator IMO.

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

The Derby cycle. Start a season poorly - Sack manager - Appoint new manager he has an outstanding middle third and puts them among the favourites to go up - Crumble in the last third - miss out on promotion/play offs - Sack Manager 

The background stuff shouldn’t have much impact on the players as they probably don’t give a rats arse. The confidence is shot, they rushed every attack and looked full of mistakes at the back. They’ve got tricky games coming up as well. They will finish below us I’m sure of that!

I suspect they will.

However I strongly suspect Millwall will finish above us and who would have though that at the turn of the year.

No shame in that though, after all they have the parachute payments, established Championship team, pay bigger wages, bigger crowds.............

A good example of why all of those excuses given by some on here for our 2018 so far, are absolute bxllocks.

Its not impossible that two of the teams promoted into the league last season finish in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Imagine the vitriol on here if we'd done as Derby have in the last few years, spending loads of money on big name talent only to continually implode at the business end of the season.

22 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

When will people understand anyone can beat anyone on their day in this division. Whether you're first or not have a off day and a good chance you'll lose. 

Imagine the melt down on here if we were Derby. 

Maybe have a look here https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28684-derby-county-fc-v-sunderland-afc/?page=13

You can view it as the game unfolded. Then you can read the other apres match posts and then you can come to the conclusion that football fans are the same everywhere. City fans are not unusual in their perspective when things are not going that well and even when that is the case, like now according to some,  I don't see calls for the manager to be sacked like Derby fans are asking for.

Any way, for those that are willing to stick their necks out try this http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

You know you want to... :yes:

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Or maybe, Derby just aren't that good, compared to their billing...

A lot of 'name' players (by which I mean at Championship level) will get you quite far but you need more to finish the job.

Boro and Villa finding similar ATM.

Very good point! You see Sheff Utd, Millwall, Preston etc overachieving as such based on team spirit and great tactical awareness. Each player knows what to do and how to play to get results. It is a team game and having a team of individuals doesn’t work.

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I suspect they will.

However I strongly suspect Millwall will finish above us and who would have though that at the turn of the year.

No shame in that though, after all they have the parachute payments, established Championship team, pay bigger wages, bigger crowds.............

A good example of why all of those excuses given by some on here for our 2018 so far, are absolute bxllocks.

Its not impossible that two of the teams promoted into the league last season finish in the playoffs.

Millwall were a team I thought would be mid table, like Preston they are renowned for being hard to break down. They don’t win pretty but as said above they know what to do as a team to get results. (At times they do play some really nice stuff but it is mainly running the channels style football)

Sheff Utd, doing what many of us hoped we done in 15/16 taking the form and style from last season and pushed on again, adding some championship proven quality along the way. 

If we don’t go up, I hope Millwall do and West Ham come down. Now that would cause a stir in London Town. 

17 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Very good point! You see Sheff Utd, Millwall, Preston etc overachieving as such based on team spirit and great tactical awareness. Each player knows what to do and how to play to get results. It is a team game and having a team of individuals doesn’t work.

Millwall were a team I thought would be mid table, like Preston they are renowned for being hard to break down. They don’t win pretty but as said above they know what to do as a team to get results. (At times they do play some really nice stuff but it is mainly running the channels style football)

Sheff Utd, doing what many of us hoped we done in 15/16 taking the form and style from last season and pushed on again, adding some championship proven quality along the way. 

If we don’t go up, I hope Millwall do and West Ham come down. Now that would cause a stir in London Town. 

Agreed! On pretty well all of that. Based on my point about pedigree, experience and hype (a lot of it media driven IMO), Villa should be top, Boro 2nd and Derby 3rd. 'Wolves could be great but where is their Championship track record, their players a lot quite young and their manager never been in England. Playoff contenders. Fulham, fine young players, but not enough experienced pros.' Probably what a lot thought last summer, about Wolves in particular.

As a tactical aside, v Millwall, being away from home as we will be, we should concede a bit more possession than usual...because of that style of play you refer to, we should look at this, give Millwall a different problem to solve. They have to throw more forward...chances open up on the break. Them having to try and break us down, take the initiative... wouldn't be that comfortable ffor them IMO.

20 hours ago, Prime said:

Based on the link above and going by genuine instinct, can it really end this close? If take it though.

Screenshot_20180331-021034.png

Had to look at that one twice...finishing sixth by virtue of our head to head v Derby would indeed be...tight.

8 hours ago, cityexile said:

Had to look at that one twice...finishing sixth by virtue of our head to head v Derby would indeed be...tight.

I`m not sure it`s right though - doesn`t number of games won come into it before head to head? If it does, Derby should be shown finishing above us as they`ve won one more according to that.

All good fun though and imagine the meltdown in the East Midlands if it did end up like that table and they missed out because the ref didn`t give Cameron Jerome that penalty due to his theatrics!

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not sure it`s right though - doesn`t number of games won come into it before head to head? If it does, Derby should be shown finishing above us as they`ve won one more according to that.

All good fun though and imagine the meltdown in the East Midlands if it did end up like that table and they missed out because the ref didn`t give Cameron Jerome that penalty due to his theatrics!

Had to look it up, but...

... If two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points their position in the Division shall be determined on goal difference, that is to say, the difference between the total number of goals scored by and against a Club in League Matches in that Season, and the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club with the highest goal difference. If any two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points and have the same goal difference the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club having scored the most goals in League Matches in that Season.

If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground.

Archived