IGNORED

Derby v Sunderland

daored

6 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

Cause a good Team shouldn't have to rely on other Teams

This League sees crazy results for most sides- even top ones.

I think Cardiff and Wolves are the exception but I give you from about a bit before mid Feb to now, aka the crunch times- not including us in these:

• Bolton 1-0 v Villa
  • Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 v Derby
  • Bolton 1-1 v Fulham
  • Villa 0-3 v QPR (AT HOME TOO)
  • Sunderland 3-3 v Middlesbrough (okay maybe not such a shock being a bit of a local derby, but most would have expected a Boro win).
  • Today- just today- Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 v Preston.
  • Currently- and let's hope it remains that way- Sunderland winning at Derby.

Though it may not be the same category of shock, you could even say Fulham blowing a 2 goal lead v QPR to only draw- at home- was quite a shock, given their record in recent months, despite it again being a local derby.

So yeah, these results when the last 3 months come about- become more and more likely. Watch out for an upset at Hull-Villa tomorrow also, wouldn't shock me too much.

If you give Derby the ball and you are the away side- by which I don't mean turning over possession sloppily, but I mean a conscious decision to let them have a go, have a crack at setting the tempo, the agenda etc...they can lack ideas.

Something to bear in mind for an away leg of the playoffs- or even the final. :whistle:

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This League sees crazy results for most sides- even top ones.

I think Cardiff and Wolves are the exception but I give you from about a bit before mid Feb to now, aka the crunch times- not including us in these:

• Bolton 1-0 v Villa
  • Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 v Derby
  • Bolton 1-1 v Fulham
  • Villa 0-3 v QPR (AT HOME TOO)
  • Sunderland 3-3 v Middlesbrough (okay maybe not such a shock being a bit of a local derby, but most would have expected a Boro win).
  • Today- just today- Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 v Preston.
  • Currently- and let's hope it remains that way- Sunderland winning at Derby.

Though it may not be the same category of shock, you could even say Fulham blowing a 2 goal lead v QPR to only draw- at home- was quite a shock, given their record in recent months, despite it again being a local derby.

So yeah, these results when the last 3 months come about- become more and more likely. Watch out for an upset at Hull-Villa tomorrow also, wouldn't shock me too much.

Thanks for all that. Surely Villa will win that one.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Their run-in looks a bit tricky too barring about 2 games.

Massive for us that they lose this now.

Nothing silly, Sun'land

Opening for someone, may not be us but at this time rather have money on Millwall making the play offs in place of Derby.

Hopefully a win Monday will have us up and firing again before out trip to east London.!!

Archived