IGNORED

Who would you like.... and why?

DOZZYBCFC

Out of the promotion play off contenders (now officially confirmed as not us) who would you like to take the last two playoff spots (out of Middlesborough, Derby, Preston or Millwall) and who you would like to win promotion. WHY?

Also, at the other end, who would you like relegated out of Reading, Birmingham, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton. WHY?

Me, I would like Middlesborough and Preston to make playoffs. Ideally I would like Fulham to go up automatically and Middlesborough to go up in playoffs. Fulham - I like the way they play football. Middlesbrough - one less club in championship receiving parachute payments!

Relegated - Birmingham as I've never liked them and Barnsley as again I like them the least compared to the others! 

Over to you...

Well it looks like Cardiff will be going up automatically, so out of the remaining play-off sides I'd have to say Fulham based on their style of play and I think they'd be most deserving. I'd say anyone but Derby as I've grew to hate them for no particular reason. 

As for relegation it would be great to see Burton complete the great escape as i and many others thought they were already doomed, so I'd say no preference on others but it'd be sweet to see Reading make the drop.

26 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

As for relegation it would be great to see Burton complete the great escape as i and many others thought they were already doomed, so I'd say no preference on others but it'd be sweet to see Reading make the drop.

I'll go along with that. If next season's team has more bite to it, Burton might provide an easier game for us. (yeah, yeah, I know; if and might, but who knows).

Looking elsewhere; in Scotland the winners of the Highland League (Cove Rangers) play the winners of the Lowland League (Spartans FC) H&A. The winners of that game then play the bottom team in Scots League 2 (Cowdenbeath) H&A. Cowdenbeath win and they stay in the Scottish League; lose and it's the Lowland League for them.

Today in the first of these games Cove beat Spartans 2-0. Cove are from a suburb of Aberdeen, Spartans are from Edinburgh. A few years ago Edinburgh City got into the League by beating East Fife. Dunno why, but I'd be happy to see Cove get into the League; too many teams are from the Edinburgh - Glasgow corridor.

43 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Cardiff (automatic) & Middlesborough

Purely for selfish reasons… I like going to Craven Cottage and Villa Park. Cardiff don't want us there, so I don't care about them.

Relegated: I'd like Burton to stay up…I would like to go there next season. :city:

you can go there even if they don't stay up and you might see a win :laughcont:

Id like bolton to stay up as it's an easy awayday for me. After old trafford it's the closest ground to my house.

Id piss myself laughing if birmingham and reading went down.

Going up... Probably be good to be shot of villa and cardiff for us next season... But i can't bring myself to back either of them. So fulham and boro

Edit- just realised it's virtually impossible for brum and reading so ill say Barnsley +1 of them just because Barnsley annoy me nowadays. I haven't checked the fixtures so i don't know if that is possible either. 

I want Fulham to automatically go up because I want Cardiff not to. And I'd like to see Preston and Millwall in the play-offs as it would be boring if it was just the usual suspects in the mix.

That said, Fulham and Millwall are easy for me to get to so still Fulham but Preston would be my preferred team to win the play-offs. 

Regarding relegation, I remember Birmingham fans making some pretty arrogant comments when they were after Flint so I'd not be sad if they went down. I don't really mind on the third team but am going to say Burton over Barnsley cos that works better in terms of teams getting results I'd like to see at the other end of the table. 

Would really hurt if Preston ever went up tbh. The way we romped to victory in league 1 and they came up behind us, yet they appear to be a much more stable club atm with a very clearly defined plan for the future. Middlesbrough ta.

Would be dead good if Reading went down. Nothing away day.

On 28/04/2018 at 20:08, ZiderEyed said:

Would really hurt if Preston ever went up tbh. The way we romped to victory in league 1 and they came up behind us, yet they appear to be a much more stable club atm with a very clearly defined plan for the future. Middlesbrough ta.

The advantage to a Preston or Millwall promotion would be the end of the ' bigger clubs with bigger budgets ' excuse . It would  no longer be credible and responsibility for coaching would have to be accepted.

The club have implicated the Chelsea scatter gun approach to signing players , evidently at a lower level, but we need to see some returns on that next season.

That money could have been used to bring in one or two quality experienced players which could have made all the difference this year.

On 28/04/2018 at 20:08, ZiderEyed said:

The advantage to a Preston or Millwall promotion would be the end of the ' bigger clubs with bigger budgets ' excuse . It would  no longer be credible and responsibility for coaching would have to be accepted.

The club have implicated the Chelsea scatter gun approach to signing players , evidently at a lower level, but we need to see some returns on that next season.

That money could have been used to bring in one or two quality experienced players which could have made all the difference this year.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Scares me when you get serious Major. Totally agree.

Would like Villa and Fulham to go up just because think they will usually be strong championship teams. Same reason I wouldn’t mind Birmingham and Reading to go down because they could easily be promoted next season(not likely but have the finances to make change). Though would not mind Burton going down. 0-0 the last 3 times we played...

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Purely on a selfish basis, for driving to away fixtures, I would like to lose the teams geographically furthest away.

Same here get rid of Boro and Barnsley.  Already have Wigan and Blackburn again next season.

It would be best getting rid of the teams we don't do so well against. So going up would be Wolves, Cardiff & Villa. Going down would be Sunderland, Burton and Birmingham. 9 points from a possible 18 from the 3 teams relegated and 5 points from 18 for the teams promoted this season. 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Huddersfield?

I don't like Reading or Birmingham, so I'd be quite happy if both of them got relegated.

For the promotion spots there is still the hope that Cardiff will miss out with Fulham pipping them to 2nd place and Middlesbrough via the play-offs.

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Boro and Derby for the play offs. I just can't stand the thought of two more much smaller clubs than us having a crack at the Premiership.....

PNE and Millwall ‘much smaller’ than us? By what criteria? It’s very subjective...but if you look at honours and achievements, Millwall have been in the FA Cup Final as recently as 2004 and qualified for the UEFA Cup that year.

They’ve won the championship (2nd tier) title once and got to the play offs a further three times....they played in the top division in England more recently than us...they’ve been champions of the third tier 3 times...and been promoted from it a further 5 times (3 times automatically and twice by winning the play offs) - on top of all that they’ve got to the third tier play offs on three other occasions, including a play off final and they’ve won the fourth tier as champions....

....and surely you know all about PNE’s phenomenal ‘honours’ list?! They’ve won all 4 divisions as champions, they’ve won the top tier twice and finished runners up on a further six occasions....they’ve won the second tier three times as champions and been runners up twice....they’ve won the third tier as champions on two occasions...they’ve won the fourth tier once as champions and been runners up once...and they’ve won the FA Cup twice....and they’ve reached the play offs in the various divisions on ten occasions...

Both clubs are bigger than us by that criteria...but ‘size of club’ and how that is measured is always a decent debate...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

PNE and Millwall ‘much smaller’ than us? By what criteria? It’s very subjective...but if you look at honours and achievements, Millwall have been in the FA Cup Final as recently as 2004 and qualified for the UEFA Cup that year.

They’ve won the championship (2nd tier) title once and got to the play offs a further three times....they played in the top division in England more recently than us...they’ve been champions of the third tier 3 times...and been promoted from it a further 5 times (3 times automatically and twice by winning the play offs) - on top of all that they’ve got to the third tier play offs on three other occasions, including a play off final and they’ve won the fourth tier as champions....

....and surely you know all about PNE’s phenomenal ‘honours’ list?! They’ve won all 4 divisions as champions, they’ve won the top tier twice and finished runners up on a further six occasions....they’ve won the second tier three times as champions and been runners up twice....they’ve won the third tier as champions on two occasions...they’ve won the fourth tier once as champions and been runners up once...and they’ve won the FA Cup twice....and they’ve reached the play offs in the various divisions on ten occasions...

Both clubs are bigger than us by that criteria...but ‘size of club’ and how that is measured is always a decent debate...

Think you are confusing size with success imo, but I didn't intend to start a debate.

On 29/04/2018 at 01:43, 22A said:

A few years ago Edinburgh City got into the League by beating East Fife.

East Fife are in League 1... Did they go out of League 2, come back up and then get promoted? I do not recall them dropping out of the league.

Archived