IGNORED

Carabao Cup Changes

Super

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Why would it favour 'Prem teams'?

Say it goes to a two legged semi final, first round a prem team are at home and a decision goes against the away side from outside the prem following var, the game gets drawn and in 2nd leg the home team (from outside the prem) miss out on a decision due to lack of var, there seems to be a clear disadvantage?

i could be over thinking it mind!

10 hours ago, Punkymatt said:

Say it goes to a two legged semi final, first round a prem team are at home and a decision goes against the away side from outside the prem following var, the game gets drawn and in 2nd leg the home team (from outside the prem) miss out on a decision due to lack of var, there seems to be a clear disadvantage?

What if the VAR decision goes against the Prem team..?

16 hours ago, Punkymatt said:

Doesn't get used in two leg semi finals when a team doesn't have var right? Didn't get used at the ethiad for our game. 

Elsewhere; for the last few years, clubs from Wales, NI and the RoI have been allowed to take part in the Scottish Challenge cup. Last year TNS (Wales) & Crusaders (NI) both made it to the semi finals!

This coming season two English clubs are taking part by invitation; Sutton Utd and Boreham Wood.

Two questions; have these National League teams been invited because they should be easy to beat or because that is the standard of football outside the SPL?

How many Sutton fans will make the ten hour journey if drawn away for a mid week clash at say, Elgin?

7 hours ago, hodge said:

Doesn't get used in two leg semi finals when a team doesn't have var right? Didn't get used at the ethiad for our game. 

That again is a very good point and I’m very happy to concede that my comments clearly  originate from my dislike of VAR! 

14 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

What is the ABBA penalty system?

10 hours ago, reddoh said:

team A take a penalty then

team B take two then

team A take one

but I preferred @wendyredredrobin 's answer.

Think I read somewhere when it was first introduced, was that it makes it a "fairer" way of taking penalties. 

So in other words, the modern day footballer is an emotional little snowflake, and we must try and find a system that doesn't put them under too much pressure.

Next week we discuss how if a team goes 4 or 5 nil up before half time, then the team that is winning must play with 9 men, and the goalkeeper has to have one arm tied behind his back. 

8 hours ago, Taz said:

Think I read somewhere when it was first introduced, was that it makes it a "fairer" way of taking penalties. 

So in other words, the modern day footballer is an emotional little snowflake, and we must try and find a system that doesn't put them under too much pressure.

Next week we discuss how if a team goes 4 or 5 nil up before half time, then the team that is winning must play with 9 men, and the goalkeeper has to have one arm tied behind his back. 

Let’s be honest players try to blame losses on everything bar themselves and this was the attempt to stop that. Alas it didn’t work 

Archived