IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

By many peoples logic, Harry Kane is a terrible Arsenal fan because he plays for Spurs.

Football is a two-way relationship. Should a player that loves a club complain when they don't play? No, which is why fans shouldn't complain when a local lad leaves their hometown club for another employer.

I’m glad we appear to be getting £9-10m, I don’t think the £5-6m banded around this summer was good business despite going into his final year. 

Good signing for Cardiff, and glad he’ll get s chance in the Prem. 

Good luck Bobby. 

21 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I really like Bobby and will follow him and want him to do well at his next club but........if its Cardiff I cant.

Or scores 20 goals for Cardiff they get relegated, signs for someone else for £30 m & we get % due to sell on clause! Is there one, has he actually gone?

11 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's going to be a huge test for Bobby in the Prem, not sure if he has the nous to score enough, but don't really care either way just as long as Cardiff are relegated, that is the big issue.

someone talking sense on here at last :clapping:

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don’t see how anyone would resent the Lad. Cardiff would pay him low end Premier League wages - what’s that ? 30 k a week ??

on a three yr contract that’s 5 million quid - it will set him up for life. 

To think when I was 12, I had a trial for the City and when they told me I could be one of the best strikers , I laughed and turned my back on them............they were right, I was in the National Union of Miners and was constantly striking :grr:

I find it hard to be dissapointed at the thought of Reid going, for £10m, to Cardiff. It’s a shame obviously, but as so many people have mentioned it really only was 1 good season out of however many! This time a year ago we were all wondering whether he’d move on for tuppence.

I genuinely think Pato is as good a footballer as Reid, just more experienced, and given the chance I really do think he could fill Reid’s boots..

7 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

I find it hard to be dissapointed at the thought of Reid going, for £10m, to Cardiff. It’s a shame obviously, but as so many people have mentioned it really only was 1 good season out of however many! This time a year ago we were all wondering whether he’d move on for tuppence.

I genuinely think Pato is as good a footballer as Reid, just more experienced, and given the chance I really do think he could fill Reid’s boots..

Apart from playing like a drain from January to May and not having Reids engine, not able to defend like Reid, not being able to tackle like Reid, not being able to score goals like Reid and just not being as good as Reid, I see the similarities.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Apart from playing like a drain from January to May and not having Reids engine, not able to defend like Reid, not being able to tackle like Reid, not being able to score goals like Reid and just not being as good as Reid, I see the similarities.

Playing devils advocate, we’d have said that all of those were weaknesses in Bob’s game last year, would we not? (I should point out that I don’t think Pato is the answer for one minute) but still...

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Playing devils advocate, we’d have said that all of those were weaknesses in Bob’s game last year, would we not? (I should point out that I don’t think Pato is the answer for one minute) but still...

Apart from the goalscoring part no, I would’ve said all the other attributes mentioned are correct. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Playing devils advocate, the only weakness in Bobby’s game last year was consistency, everything else he had.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Playing devils advocate, the only weakness in Bobby’s game last year was consistency, everything else he had.

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

Apart from the goalscoring part no, I would’ve said all the other attributes mentioned are correct. 

Fair shout. I don’t think he’s been very impressive at all before this season, and despite it being Cardiff, £10m for a player who has only ever had one good season is big. 

My point was more around not writing players off too early, it would have been very easy to give up on Reid years ago so I don’t believe that other players can’t also find another level with the right coaching. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fair shout. I don’t think he’s been very impressive at all before this season, and despite it being Cardiff, £10m for a player who has only ever had one good season is big. 

My point was more around not writing players off too early, it would have been very easy to give up on Reid years ago so I don’t believe that other players can’t also find another level with the right coaching. 

And my point is Bobby lacked consisitency, he never played poorly for 5 months unbroken.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And my point is Bobby lacked consisitency, he never played poorly for 5 months unbroken.

I don’t think anyone can hand on heart say they played particularly well since Dec 31 but take the point that Pato was one of the worst. 

I’m not advocating him being the answer just that with the right coaching players can surprise. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don’t think anyone can hand on heart say they played particularly well since Dec 31 but take the point that Pato was one of the worst. 

I’m not advocating him being the answer just that with the right coaching players can surprise. 

Will coaching give him what the lion in the wizard of oz wanted?

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet you ‘liked’ the post saying they’d been relegated?!!!!

Yes, because I thought the general point warranted a like, and unlike you I wasn’t marking his homework.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

But true.

one thing I could not criticise during last seasons 5 month relegation form, was players shirking tackles, bar one.

I can’t recall him being that much worse than the majority of others in terms of effort and application but I think I’ve subconsciously erased as much about it as possible from my memory!

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not knowing what the illness was that he suffered around the turn of the year I think our expectations were coloured by his form pre illness. In a high energy sport anything that affected his immune system or restricted his ability to recover his match fitness would be frustrating for him. As was said at the time a few second half appearances or an odd match off could have helped but his was one of many injuries that disrupted our season.

3 minutes ago, Midred said:

Not knowing what the illness was that he suffered around the turn of the year I think our expectations were coloured by his form pre illness. In a high energy sport anything that affected his immune system or restricted his ability to recover his match fitness would be frustrating for him. As was said at the time a few second half appearances or an odd match off could have helped but his was one of many injuries that disrupted our season.

Fair comment, a virus may sound like no big deal to us but it can have a potentially devastating effect on athletes.

4 hours ago, Undy English said:

Without trying to have a go mate, football fans are extremely guilty on having warped views on 'loyalty'.

Football is a business and footballers mere employees. Just like us in our own careers, footballers are always looking for better opportunities and money and are happy to move on should a better offer come along. After all, they only have a limited time frame in the game (most don't last much after 35yrs old) so they need to make as much as they can whilst they can.

Now and again you get players like your Gerrards, Tottis etc. who are club men and would never leave, but in this day and age they are in the minority.

So long as the player has given their all and left on good terms that benefit the club, you can't hope for much more than that.

I get all that, i get the club wanting to make money on someone running their contract down. Football has been made a money game by the likes of sky etc.etc.

Makes it hard when supposedly one of our own can feel comfortable putting a Cardiff shirt on. Exactly why he doesn't have my best wishes.

Archived