IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

1 hour ago, RedM said:

This is exactly right. The players are bailing out of the project as they haven’t got faith in it anymore. Started with the January business and festered throughout the remaining games. Came to a head at one of the Easter games, Brentford and now we see the results.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. 

Flint, Reid and most likely Bryan and Pack have all seen through the nonsense spouted by Ashton and co and want out. I just hope whoever we’re trying to bring in aren’t as aware of what’s going on here.... we could end up in real trouble. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t hate Warnock, I know plenty of Bristol City fans who admire him as a person and for his record....don’t fall for the media persona and hype...

But it's not all hype, is it?

Forgetting his wind-up press interviews and self-promoting or self-pitying match analysis, he's a manager who consistently encourages his players to cheat, time waste, foul and play a generally negative game off football. And he's done it at every club he manages.

Regardless of whether he prospers or not, I just don't like that sort of behaviour.  It may be widespread, but it's ruining football IMO and in this country, he's its prime exponent.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t hate Warnock, I know plenty of Bristol City fans who admire him as a person and for his record....don’t fall for the media persona and hype...

1 hour ago, Always Ashton Red said:

I believe whilst he is Cardiff manager he is just a colin. But nobody can doubt his ability to get the most out of a mediocre team, or infact majority of his signings. Awful football, but none the less a winner. But yes... i still hate him.

As i replied to somebody else. I have no doubt in his ability as a manager, or his record as a manager. In fact I agree that I admire what he does with clubs. So actually I haven't fallen for any "Hype" or "Media Persona". I just dislike him as a person for his general antics.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Forgetting his wind-up press interviews and self-promoting or self-pitying match analysis, he's a manager who consistently encourages his players to cheat, time waste, foul and play a generally negative game off football. And he's done it at every club he manages.

Regardless of whether he prospers or not, I just don't like that sort of behaviour.  It may be widespread, but it's ruining football IMO and in this country, he's its prime exponent.

I totally get the dislike for Warnock - but I haven’t seen any evidence that he encourages his players to cheat and has done so at every club he’s managed...

7 minutes ago, Always Ashton Red said:

As i replied to somebody else. I have no doubt in his ability as a manager, or his record as a manager. In fact I agree that I admire what he does with clubs. So actually I haven't fallen for any "Hype" or "Media Persona". I just dislike him as a person for his general antics.

His ‘general antics’ are part of the well-rehearsed media persona....strong to say you ‘dislike him as a person’ ....

At first it filled me with rage to think that Bobby could join Cardiff, but it seems a good move for us because he is out of contract next season and a good move for Bob to play in the Premiership and not have to move home.

Unfortunately its the price we pay for a bad January transfer window, we had a chance to push for promotion but didn't buy enough quality.

I am sure Bob would of preferred to play for his home town club in the Premiership...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I totally get the dislike for Warnock - but I haven’t seen any evidence that he encourages his players to cheat and has done so at every club he’s managed...

I've seen it every time we play a Warnock club.

It is true there was less of it than usual v Cardiff at AG last season, but that's largely because they were chasing the result and at the sheepshaggers he was working with more talented players than he usually helms.

For the ultimate Warnck experience I'd remind you of City v Rotherham two seasons ago.....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Staying up in the premier league is ‘as good as being relegated’ - that’s a whole new kind of U-turn!

Just means I think it's only a matter of time, not that they're the same.

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Correct. I'm sure he must of advised some of the Nations at this World Cup, as they certainly are playing  his brand of football!

Remember the hysteria when we lost Maynard, Kodjia, even Tammy despite the fact he was a loanee too.

I'm delighted with 10m for Bobby and I'm not going to start slating the transfer window/club until the new season's underway and we see what business has been done and how we are performing.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

His ‘general antics’ are part of the well-rehearsed media persona....strong to say you ‘dislike him as a person’ ....

Why is that strong to say? His general persona on the touchline... the bullying antics towards officials, the time wasting. Be that what you think is a "well-rehearsed media persona". You really do not have to search very far to find these. Including his press conference as Rotherham Manager a few years back. Hes a utter cock and I dislike him. :innocent06:

46 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Great move for Bobby and much deserved after a great season. Whether it’s to Cardiff or Man Utd the lure of PL football is enough for anyone. 

Also think a massive shoutout to LJ who had made a player whose value was circa 250k this time last year dramatically increase and gain the club 10m. 

Hoping we find a suitable replacement but it certainly isn’t doom and gloom seeing as we have 20m+ to spend now

Spot on.  Show’s Johnson’s knows what he’s doing. 

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I've seen it every time we play a Warnock club.

It is true there was less of it than usual v Cardiff at AG last season, but that's largely because they were chasing the result and at the sheepshaggers he was working with more talented players than he usually helms.

For the ultimate Warnck experience I'd remind you of City v Rotherham two seasons ago.....

Like I said, I get the dislike of NW, just don’t agree with it....he holds the record for the most promotions in this country (and Wales!) and has never been found guilty of making his teams cheat...anyway, the whole Warnock thing has been done to death on here...I’m happy to agree to disagree and get on with worrying about whether our recruitment record can improve now we are shipping out our best players....

21 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Remember the hysteria when we lost Maynard, Kodjia, even Tammy despite the fact he was a loanee too.

I'm delighted with 10m for Bobby and I'm not going to start slating the transfer window/club until the new season's underway and we see what business has been done and how we are performing.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

Tord is retired and 80years old ffs.. ;)  

4 hours ago, red84 said:

Just goes to show you about loyalty in football. Anyone from Bristol who was a true fan of City would not sign for Cardiff. Bobby does not go with my best wishes!!

Without trying to have a go mate, football fans are extremely guilty on having warped views on 'loyalty'.

Football is a business and footballers mere employees. Just like us in our own careers, footballers are always looking for better opportunities and money and are happy to move on should a better offer come along. After all, they only have a limited time frame in the game (most don't last much after 35yrs old) so they need to make as much as they can whilst they can.

Now and again you get players like your Gerrards, Tottis etc. who are club men and would never leave, but in this day and age they are in the minority.

So long as the player has given their all and left on good terms that benefit the club, you can't hope for much more than that.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Like I said, I get the dislike of NW, just don’t agree with it....he holds the record for the most promotions in this country (and Wales!) and has never been found guilty of making his teams cheat...anyway, the whole Warnock thing has been done to death on here...I’m happy to agree to disagree and get on with worrying about whether our recruitment record can improve now we are shipping out our best players....

Maradona has never been found guilty of cheating either. Means nowt. The evidence is our own eyes.

As for the "pantomime villain" persona he promotes away from the touchline, we can both agree to take that with a pinch of salt. There are far bigger ***** in the game.

11 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Without trying to have a go mate, football fans are extremely guilty on having warped views on 'loyalty'.

Football is a business and footballers mere employees. Just like us in our own careers, footballers are always looking for better opportunities and money and are happy to move on should a better offer come along. After all, they only have a limited time frame in the game (most don't last much after 35yrs old) so they need to make as much as they can whilst they can.

Now and again you get players like your Gerrards, Tottis etc. who are club men and would never leave, but in this day and age they are in the minority.

So long as the player has given their all and left on good terms that benefit the club, you can't hope for much more than that.

Also there's the simple matter that Reid isn't a Bristol City fan. He's a huge Liverpool supporter. 

It's the same as us leaving our jobs to go to a competitor who's offering higher wages and other better perks.

Had a bit to reflect on it.

Hope he's shit for them. Don't begrudge him going but I won't wish him all the best. Might get a polite clap from me if he plays against us.

£10m though is absolutely outstanding business. We've very much had their pants down if he goes for 10 million quid, a player who's completely untested at that level, with 1 season as a striker, with a year left on his contract? £10m is great for the club. But only if it's reinvested wisely. Gonna withhold any criticisms now until I see the replacement that we're bringing in for the lad.

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Is it just me who aint that bothered if he goes Cardiff?? 

Nope me neither. Bloke has one good season refuses to extend his contract and Colin offers 10m. What are you going to do if youre City. No brainier 

Fair play to the lad and good luck where ever he ends up. Can't hold him back and loyalty in football died a long time ago. 

Can't get too angry about him going to a rival either... [cough] Taylor [cough]. If we're going to dish it out to other clubs, we've got to take it sometimes as well. 

Now hopefully we can spend some of the money on a replacement, or who knows, perhaps Johnson will work his magic again and move a player in to a new position which transforms them in to a Bobby Mark 2!

dont mind flinty or Bobby going but...............Pulis then Cardiff, my old man will be turning in his urn, god knows what me ole grand-dad will be doing, FFS lets do something positive this next season....................like PROMOTION :badmood:

Archived