IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

1 hour ago, Always Ashton Red said:

He will be dead to me if he joins Cardiff of all teams :gaah:

Why? The "rivalry" I can understand but for Bobby it's a place that's less than an hour in the car (I know because I live near Cardiff City stadium), he'll be playing in the Premier League, he'll get a nice pay upgrade and it's £10m which is an acceptable price for the club. 

Bobby has been with us for a very long time and it really bothers me that after one good season he's willing to jump but as a business decision it's a very understandable and acceptable deal.

3 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Selling the crown jewels with Read & Flint gone that's 28 goals lost already lets hope that Tammy comes back or else we are in a relegation dog fight.

To be fair, we wondered where the goals were going to come from when Tammy went back.

Someone in alongside a fit FD and I think we will be fine.

10 mil for a top end championship goalscorer... I'd say probably about right. Young English talent will always come at a cost.

If he had a few more years left to run on his contract you'd probably looking at Scott Hogan money. Maybe £15m

As a Cardiff fan... we're happy with this one

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

@JonLansdown via Twitter - 38 secs ago

#AnnounceDiony :ph34r:

No JL fan by many measures, but that is very good! 

Here's my thoughts. 

Pack bought for 200k 
Flint bought for 300k
Bryan and Reid were free
Mags, not too sure. 

The fact that we've gotten all these players for around 2 million and we're now selling them for what would be total of 20 Mill + Is great business. Maybe some forget the fact that before last Season, Bobby was no asset for us, Kelly is almost certainly capable of filling Bryans place. Flint has served well but was always at the heart of a defence that shipped a lot of goals. Pack is good but doesn't have any stand out traits and Mags albeit his love by the fans, just never got going. 4/5 of these players are promotion players, we need to move on. I think the only real loss would be Flint and Bobby (no replacement yet). There will be more incomings. Stop panicking people :sign09:

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bit harsh IMO . I wish him all the best . Regardless if it’s Cardiff. He’s been with us for years. And now he can complete his dream of playing in the premiership. Shame it’s Cardiff. 

Why wish him the best? he is NO LONGER a Bristol City player. Time to move on and support those we still have.... if anyone is still left that is!!!

1 hour ago, Bristols finest said:

Drove round the stadium could only see a few staff walking round 

F1B46573-E3F0-4C7D-8BBE-EC869FA93D38.jpeg

Please tell me that you are joking???

Perhaps his medical is at the training ground where all the gym / medical stuff is?

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why? The "rivalry" I can understand but for Bobby it's a place that's less than an hour in the car (I know because I live near Cardiff City stadium), he'll be playing in the Premier League, he'll get a nice pay upgrade and it's £10m which is an acceptable price for the club. 

Bobby has been with us for a very long time and it really bothers me that after one good season he's willing to jump but as a business decision it's a very understandable and acceptable deal.

I haven't once said its not a good deal for him or the club. I am merely stating that a City boy who has been with us for a very long time leaving us to join one of if not the worst rivals we have under possibly the most hated manager of us. My opinion... as a fan... :yawn:

46 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

10m isn't bad for a player out of contract next year. Got a feeling we could see Matty Taylor filling the gap left by Reid next season. Similar busy type of player, lots of running and closing down. 

Give me strength.  If running and closing down are all that's required in a replacement then we might as well sign Mo Farah.

4 minutes ago, Always Ashton Red said:

I haven't once said its not a good deal for him or the club. I am merely stating that a City boy who has been with us for a very long time leaving us to join one of if not the worst rivals we have under possibly the most hated manager of us. My opinion... as a fan... :yawn:

That's fair enough, I just don't understand this turning on a player who is doing the best thing for all concerned.

38 minutes ago, brad blit said:

If we are replacing Reid with Taylor, and Flint with Heggelar then I despair....

It wouldn't surprise me to see City go out and spend 5mil on each position, although Reid wont be directly replaced as Pato will take that role and we will look to sign a nippy striker to compliment Fammy.

No one thinks we won’t bring in replacements , hopefully our fun starts soon and it’s incomings not outgoings 

10 minutes ago, CitySSeven said:

Here's my thoughts. 

Pack bought for 200k 
Flint bought for 300k
Bryan and Reid were free
Mags, not too sure. 

The fact that we've gotten all these players for around 2 million and we're now selling them for what would be total of 20 Mill + Is great business. Maybe some forget the fact that before last Season, Bobby was no asset for us, Kelly is almost certainly capable of filling Bryans place. Flint has served well but was always at the heart of a defence that shipped a lot of goals. Pack is good but doesn't have any stand out traits and Mags albeit his love by the fans, just never got going. 4/5 of these players are promotion players, we need to move on. I think the only real loss would be Flint and Bobby (no replacement yet). There will be more incomings. Stop panicking people :sign09:

Well said. The system only works if you have the courage to sell when their value has peaked and rinse and repeat.

Sometimes you have to accept that you need to be the club generating the diamonds and adding value not the club buying players at the height of their value.

Only by realising the gains do you release the capital to do it again. 

In Flint’s case - £5m for a player who cost £300k means you now have the capital to look to do that again nearly 17 times. Don’t need a very high strike rate to end up still ahead. And that’s just one player. 

7 minutes ago, Always Ashton Red said:

Not pointing fingers at you, but there were a lot of people on here that wanted Colin to be our manager when it looked like LJ was out of a job just over a year ago.

31 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Yesterday I wanted Mark Ashton to drive off. Now I want his car to hit a landmine.

Transfer fee Outlay on Mags, Flint & Bobby = £2million

Transfer fee Income on Mags, Flint & Bobby =£20million  

Yes, let’s shoot the bloke who in charge of business dealings..! 

10 minutes ago, CitySSeven said:

Here's my thoughts. 

Pack bought for 200k 
Flint bought for 300k
Bryan and Reid were free
Mags, not too sure. 

Whilst I agree you can actually apply this to Southampton and their business deals but look how that has ended for them.... relegation because they just didn't have the quality left to compete. It's good to turn a profit but you still need the quality in the squad.

2 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Not pointing fingers at you, but there were a lot of people on here that wanted Colin to be our manager when it looked like LJ was out of a job just over a year ago.

I believe whilst he is Cardiff manager he is just a colin. But nobody can doubt his ability to get the most out of a mediocre team, or infact majority of his signings. Awful football, but none the less a winner. But yes... i still hate him.

7 minutes ago, CitySSeven said:

Here's my thoughts. 

Pack bought for 200k 
Flint bought for 300k
Bryan and Reid were free
Mags, not too sure. 

But we are very unlikely to pick up players for that much now. The money has gone crazy. I want to progress with our talent, not sell it off at the first opportunity for a few quid I have no confidence in that we will spend wisely.

As for Bryan and Reid being free, nothing is free. We have invested huge a,punts in bringing them on. The Adademy cannot survive on producing the odd player once every 10 years. We just get them playing and we look to sell, it’s not like we have had loads of others coming through, granted Vyner, Kelly etc look more promising than many have in the past. 

Im really not sure what we are at the moment, a selling club happy to tread water and try to look clever by picking up a few players hoping they will come good one day? 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Transfer fee Outlay on Mags, Flint & Bobby = £2million

Transfer fee Income on Mags, Flint & Bobby =£20million  

Yes, let’s shoot the bloke who in charge of business dealings..! 

Read up on what was posted about Ashton yesterday, please. The money isn't the issue. It's that now he is on the EFL board he has less comeback if these transfers affect the club badly. The Blackpool / Oyston mess is an extreme scenario, but an appointment to the board in this manner set the precedent for it.

Even if that doesn't happen, look me in the eye and tell me you are happy about BCFC becoming a Selling Team.

Just now, Spike said:

Whilst I agree you can actually apply this to Southampton and their business deals but look how that has ended for them.... relegation because they just didn't have the quality left to compete. It's good to turn a profit but you still need the quality in the squad.

In my opinion, I don't think you can compare our (apparent) Failure to Southampton's Failure. Purely due to the fact that what got them to the Premier League in the first place was growing and selling players. I don't think it's worked at Southampton as they can't keep hold of a manager. Having said that my confidence of us buying experienced players at this level is not very high. We'll probably be buying players from lower leagues or abroad. I'm afraid that I think we're in the place of SL doing what he can to make the club self sufficient, not caring what happens to the football. 

1 minute ago, sephjnr said:

Read up on what was posted about Ashton yesterday, please. The money isn't the issue. It's that now he is on the EFL board he has less comeback if these transfers affect the club badly. The Blackpool / Oyston mess is an extreme scenario, but an appointment to the board in this manner set the precedent for it.

Even if that doesn't happen, look me in the eye and tell me you are happy about BCFC becoming a Selling Team.

Tell you what, if we don’t sign replacements, THEN I’ll look you in the eye and tell you I’m not happy. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

But we are very unlikely to pick up players for that much now. The money has gone crazy. I want to progress with our talent, not sell it off at the first opportunity for a few quid I have no confidence in that we will spend wisely.

As for Bryan and Reid being free, nothing is free. We have invested huge a,punts in bringing them on. The Adademy cannot survive on producing the odd player once every 10 years. We just get them playing and we look to sell, it’s not like we have had loads of others coming through, granted Vyner, Kelly etc look more promising than many have in the past. 

Im really not sure what we are at the moment, a selling club happy to tread water and try to look clever by picking up a few players hoping they will come good one day? 

I was quoting buying costs in the fact that Bryan and Reid didn't cost anything. LJ has been here 2 and a half years. The changes to the Acadamy were and still are changing when he first came in. It doesn't change overnight, we're only now starting to hopefully see the results pay off in the years to come. Slow Process. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Tell you what, if we don’t sign replacements, THEN I’ll look you in the eye and tell you I’m not happy. 

So you are all in favour of us becoming a factory outfit for the stars, then? as long as it works and brings in money you've no issue on us not keeping people that could get us in the PL and stay there?

3 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Care to say what your great conspiracy is rather than what appears to be some nudge, nudge, wink, wink type words? 

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Umm did I miss something..? Or did West Brom, Stoke or Swansea get some extra points..?!

Archived