IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Money we give them for Albert.

I don't know- I'm not sure they would be able to do that until much later in the window after the let more players go. Also doubt they would be able to pay the huge wages they have done before, making them a less desirable destination for those willing to stay in this league for a paycheck.

Just now, JonDolman said:

All these one good season comments. Do people seriously think he wouldn't be that good next season? Is mo salah not amazing because he has only just turned amazing over the last year? Bobby is top quality and would be amazed if he turns out to be a one season wonder. 

I don't mean to be condescending but I think you're missing the point when people say that. People aren't knocking Reid, we all know how good he is. It's a comment on how the fact he's had one excellent season may impact his value.

Suitors may use it as a bargaining tool to lower the price, that's the point being made - not a comment on Reid's ability per se.

I don't like Cardiff at all, but I'm not going to waste energy by feeling irate if he goes there - especially if we get a good fee. From his point of view, I can see the appeal - top flight football, not far from home, bigger wages (presumably). 

If I was him though I'd wear a City top under that blue shirt every game. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

All these one good season comments. Do people seriously think he wouldn't be that good next season? Is mo salah not amazing because he has only just turned amazing over the last year? Bobby is top quality and would be amazed if he turns out to be a one season wonder. 

People seriously don't know hence the comments and neither do you, most strikers prove themselves over several seasons, that is evidence.

I am sure even if the goals dried up Bobby would still be a valuable player for most teams in the prem, goals are just one part of his game.

9 minutes ago, Bristols finest said:

Drove round the stadium could only see a few staff walking round 

F1B46573-E3F0-4C7D-8BBE-EC869FA93D38.jpeg

Ha, those England flags waving in the window and the purple away shirt are going to give you away mate!

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree with every word of that.

Well apart from the gas and 10mil, that is just to far removed from reality to believe, although if their massive fan base all crowdfunded say 1p each they would be able to buy him, Flint and Joe of course.

Artistic license, we all know that the G*s don't get out of bed for £10m players nowadays. Fifth richest club in the country

Just now, Hampshire reds said:

can't believe I am writing this but I agree with woodsy. 

And I've agreed with you

Lets leave it there, shall we? :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

So basically we’re shipping out our best players ....:grr:

I think we need some fresh faces after the finish to last season, if we'd stuck with the same players we could have carried on where we'd left off. For the club to be financially self-sufficient we have to sell players for a profit as our other income is insufficient to pay the wage bill, plus it will give chances to some of our other academy starlets such as Kelly and Vyner.

Anyone but Cardiff please!! Decent fee but this could be a terrible day with Flint going too. If true it means we have sold around £19.5m of players so far this window and spent around £1m..... they must surely have something up their sleeve....mustn’t they?! :sad26:

13 minutes ago, red84 said:

Not nonsense at all, other clubs would have been in for him who would have been able to offer the same wage wise.

Yet if this rumour is to be believed, no other clubs have offered an amount deemed acceptable.

There might have been 90 clubs offering 9million and 1 club offering 10million. So you sell to the highest bidder.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Sad, but unsurprising this one.

For the club - and for Bobby - it makes sense, much more so than Flint's move.

Still gutting, but I wish Bob well. Hopefully he'll be the one successful component to a failing Cardiff team that comes back down in 2019. 

Is it just a crazy dream to think that we could buy him back next season as we change places with them ? :rolleyes:

Grim.

Now the fee is decent, don't get me wrong and another positive is he is not moving to another key competitor in this League.

However- I was hoping as with Flint one more year keep the band together so to speak, have one more crack given how many sides are in FFP trouble- could have been an opportunity this year, in that sense. With a bit of tweaking and strengthening in certain areas, FFP wriggleroom. Cardiff too- Warnock- ugh!

Reid will be hard to replace and no mistake- not only the goals but the assists, the technical ability- he's 24 and should only get better- we all knew it was likely we would lose our star players but he will leave a major hole.

Just now, paul_fox said:

10m isn't bad for a player out of contract next year. Got a feeling we could see Matty Taylor filling the gap left by Reid next season. Similar busy type of player, lots of running and closing down. 

Taylor’s a very under appreciated player IMO. I’d like to see him get more time. But there will be a meltdown if we don’t bring in a direct replacement for BR. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Taylor’s a very under appreciated player IMO. I’d like to see him get more time. But there will be a meltdown if we don’t bring in a direct replacement for BR. 

Yep quite agree. More game time for Matty is great but we need to bring in a goal scorer also when Bob goes. Can't rely on MT to score 20 a season at the moment and with Fammy being banned and any injuries needing to also be covered we need that replacement of goals. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah I quite like him. From what I've seen of him he could certainly play off Fammy as he's intelligent enough to play the passes needed. Unlucky with injury last season but a good pre season and some finishing practice he could get 15 goals and a fair few assists plus can play the high pressing game 

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah I quite like him. From what I've seen of him he could certainly play off Fammy as he's intelligent enough to play the passes needed. Unlucky with injury last season but a good pre season and some finishing practice he could get 15 goals and a fair few assists plus can play the high pressing game 

He’s hugely unselfish and does a lot of grunt work. I’d love to see him get a full season alongside a true poacher who can exploit the space he creates. 

Archived