IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

Wondered if they might have been interested.

Ideal move for him if true, no need presumably to leave BS5, a decent fee which along with the Magnússon, Flint (& presumably Bryan?) money we now need to re-invest.

Think if he joins them though it answers the question as to how much of a fan he is..

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Only thing that changes is that I would wish Bobby a considerable amount less luck for the future. Pretty much no luck, actually.

Bit harsh IMO . I wish him all the best . Regardless if it’s Cardiff. He’s been with us for years. And now he can complete his dream of playing in the premiership. Shame it’s Cardiff. 

10 million for Reid, Up to 7 million for Flint - good deals for the club. Bryan will probably also go for 10 million. Personally think Flint and Bryan have gone as far as they can. They need a fresh challenge and I personally dont think they were improving sufficiently. We have replacements already for Flint and Bryan. Bobby has had one wonderful season. That's it. He can be replaced IMO. Dhiedhou would have matched him for goals had he been fit. 

If we can generate 30 million in transfer fees that would give us a good platform to re-invest and enhance the overall quality of the squad. 

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't think there would be, going to premier league so no sideways move division wise, 12 months left so £10m would be a very good fee. As said above I believe my mate when he says he doesn't think its true as he's usually right about Cardiff. 

That would make it a worse deal for us ;)

Now saying he's been told there's something in it...... If this is true then good luck Bobby, £10m is a good price for someone with 12 months left, although I hope it starts a few other clubs bidding instead of Cardiff :laugh:

Bobby's a home loving boy so not having to move could be a big consideration in the choice of his next club.

If this is true I'd expect him to be very happy to sign for Cardiff.

Even if they go straight back down he'll have had the opportunity to showcase his talent in the PL and, if he does well, he'll be picked up by another PL club.

Win win for Bobby on all fronts.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bit harsh IMO . I wish him all the best . Regardless if it’s Cardiff. He’s been with us for years. And now he can complete his dream of playing in the premiership. Shame it’s Cardiff. 

I want him to do well but Cardiff to be relegated with the worst record in PL history. And I'm not super bothered about him doing well. 

Just now, hodge said:

Now saying he's been told there's something in it...... If this is true then good luck Bobby, £10m is a good price for someone with 12 months left, although I hope it starts a few other clubs bidding instead of Cardiff :laugh:

I saw Scouts Attending on Twitter discussing the original tweet. They're very reliable for a relatively small account so I reckon this is happening.

1 minute ago, MarkRed! said:

10 million for Reid, Up to 7 million for Flint - good deals for the club. Bryan will probably also go for 10 million. Personally think Flint and Bryan have gone as far as they can. They need a fresh challenge and I personally dont think they were improving sufficiently. We have replacements already for Flint and Bryan. Bobby has had one wonderful season. That's it. He can be replaced IMO. Dhiedhou would have matched him for goals had he been fit. 

If we can generate 30 million in transfer fees that would give us a good platform to re-invest and enhance the overall quality of the squad. 

Can get 15 promising Swedes with 30 million. 

Would be a damning indictment to see our star player play for Cardiff in the Premier League, even if people here are trying to brush it off. Tomlin was different- he was a nob and underperformed. Having a Bristol boy- 'one of our own' at one of our biggest rivals shows how badly we actually flopped last season, and how important next season is. If this is true it puts more serious pressure to get the recruitment right, which I honestly don't think they will. How can they claim to be so outstanding at recruitment when you pass up on Ollie Watkins down the road as 'too expensive' when we spunk more on players abroad who don't even look like they will be successful transfers? We are going to have to do much better to match the likes of Brentford and Preston.

If he goes, I’m only interested in the fee. If it’s a good fee for City then he can go anywhere, even Rovers, though they might have to pay in instalments over the next 150 years to afford it 

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wondered if they might have been interested.

Ideal move for him if true, no need presumably to leave BS5, a decent fee which along with the Magnússon, Flint (& presumably Bryan?) money we now need to re-invest.

Think if he joins them though it answers the question as to how much of a fan he is..

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bobby's a home loving boy so not having to move could be a big consideration in the choice of his next club.

If this is true I'd expect him to be very happy to sign for Cardiff.

Even if they go straight back down he'll have had the opportunity to showcase his talent in the PL and, if he does well, he'll be picked up by another PL club.

Win win for Bobby on all fronts.

Plus the Severn Bridge tolls will be scrapped half way through this season. I can see Cardiff maybe offering to pay his tolls as enticement on top of his wages as they will only have to shell out for 5 months.

I actually think he might do quite well there. His style of play suits a side that doesn't have that much possession. I expect his main role will be similar to here, making a nuisance of himself and harrying defences. They'll presumably play him with a big strike partner and hope he picks up the knockdowns. 

Archived