IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

8 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Good points well made. No idea then. 4-2-3-1, with Paterson and Weimann battling for the role behind the striker? We might have to lose one attacking player for this to make sense, with COD, Eliasson, Watkins, Adelakun all gunning for the same positions. Maybe not though.

Think 4231 (OllyWhite suggested this) and 433 or variants of look to be likely with the personnel bought in so far, especially if Weimann incoming too.

However, if we sign Marriott, then all up in the air again! (I think this is off the table)

12 minutes ago, RiverRed said:

Bang goes my theory that we were only going to sign players whose surname begins with a 'W'. 

My own theory is that we're off-loading players with short names - Reid, Pack, Bryan, Flint - and buying players with longer names - Adelukun, Weimann - in order to increase income from selling letters on the backs of shirts. For that reason I don't expect us to sign Krul - but anticipate a double barrelled name to arrive soon.

Just now, italian dave said:

My own theory is that we're off-loading players with short names - Reid, Pack, Bryan, Flint - and buying players with longer names - Adelukun, Weissman - in order to increase income from selling letters on the backs of shirts. For that reason I don't expect us to sign Krul - but anticipate a double barrelled name to arrive soon.

You've just uncovered the masterplan. A black van will pull up outside your house soon and some 'suits' will bundle you into it. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

So 18 months ago he was warned that he needed to put more into training, he responded to that to such an extent that he has become one of their key players? But hey lets all join in with Jerseybean and call him immature and selfish. 
Actually I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't get past the adverts, to see the most recent quotes about him. 

“There’s a lot more to come from him - he’s a lot more mature, he’s a lot stronger and his decision making is better. He’s a boy with incredible talent, as everybody knows.

“He still is under 24, so if he doesn’t accept that offer and goes elsewhere there are things in place to make sure we get benefit from his development.”

Perhaps you would like to move onto the next unfounded criticism of the Management? 

23 minutes ago, italian dave said:

My own theory is that we're off-loading players with short names - Reid, Pack, Bryan, Flint - and buying players with longer names - Adelukun, Weimann - in order to increase income from selling letters on the backs of shirts. For that reason I don't expect us to sign Krul - but anticipate a double barrelled name to arrive soon.

Has Forbes Phillipson-Masters got any talented offspring?

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

It's a bugger this old age and Incontinence! :P

I went to see my Doctor.

I told him " Doctor, I'm having a problem and maybe you can help. You see every morning at 7.30 I pee and then at 8.30  I have a bowel movement"

The Doctor replied " that's great Mr Downend, I hope I'm as a regular as you are when I get to your age. So, what's the problem?"

"I don't wake up till 9!"

16 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Can’t see Eliasson anywhere near the first team next season, one would hope a L1 team would come in for him on loan. Hope he gets an opportunity to prove himself! 

Maybe Scunthorpe as part of the compensation package?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I'm thinking pack or Smith holding, probably Smith as LJ seems to prefer him. O'Dowda and Brownhill central box to box. Walsh and Pato reserve. And then we will have Adelakun, Watkins and Weimann competing for 2 winger places. Whoever gets in, that's 9 players competing for 5 positions, with Eliasson probably going out on loan. Great depth of players so no burn out this season I hope. 

Positive but I hope we can keep all the players happy :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Classic Bristol Sport. Milking the loyal ‘customer’ base yet again. 

11 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Who ? it is a prem squad we are building right ?.... could take a while.

So we get a player that Premier League sides tried to sign, as well as a number of other teams in the Championship.

But he's not good enough for you because you're ignorant of who one of the higher rated lower league youngsters is.

Reminds me of a certain Jay Emmanuel Thomas - Young Mercurial Talent - but.................has...................."flaws"

lets just hope this lad works out a little better for us.

Perhaps LJ will convert him to being a striker as he did with young Bobby and we will have a new TAmmy Abraham on our hands (I wish) :-)

Cue abuse..........

2 minutes ago, SuperFly2002 said:

Reminds me of a certain Jay Emmanuel Thomas - Young Mercurial Talent - but.................has...................."flaws"

Perhaps LJ will convert him to being a striker as he did with young Bobby and we will have a new TAmmy Abraham on our hands (I wish) :-)

Cue abuse..........

Emmanuel-Thomas was a great signing for us all things overall, especially when we essentially swapped him for Paul Anderson.

Not sure where this notion about Adelakun having 'flaws' has come from either (the insinuation being attitude) - have people just not understood LJ's signing statement?

2 minutes ago, SuperFly2002 said:

Cue abuse..........

Can we please stop pretending that this is a specialty of LJ's? 

He moved Bobby up top due to a strong recommendation from an analyst and that's it. Yes he still deserves credit for Bobby's success because it was a big risk and he went for it but let's stop pretending that LJ is the master of converting midfielders into strikers.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Emmanuel-Thomas was a great signing for us all things overall, especially when we essentially swapped him for Paul Anderson.

Not sure where this notion about Adelakun having 'flaws' has come from either (the insinuation being attitude) - have people just not understood LJ's signing statement?

It seems to have come from a comment about him sometimes being immature, by a manager 18 months ago (should that be 18/12?).

But also ignoring a recent comment from the same manager that he has matured a great deal.

Archived