IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

Has Freeman-like league one stats, but people thought he was rubbish so will wait and see on this one. I cant see how he is any different to eliason/odowda/Patterson/Watkins.

Appreciate it's still early but really hope we are working on replacing the 30 odd goals we've just sold. 

Good luck and welcome chap. 

Just spoke to my mate he had nothing but good things to say about him 

Yeah winger mate he’s good
And good be sick : Got everything
 Quick strong skill full could be really good if fulfills potential

He played with him maybe 3 seasons ago my mate was on loan to Scunthorpe at the time

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If everything is aligned and his attitude is as we expect, he will go on to have a career in the top flight because he certainly has the talent.”

I always take these official statements with a huge pinch of salt.....the club made several similar comments about Engvall when he signed....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I always take these official statements with a huge pinch of salt.....the club made several similar comments about Engvall when he signed....

Completely agree, I was posting it to counter someone who’d completely twisted what had been written.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Completely agree, I was posting it to counter someone who’d completely twisted what had been written.

Yes, I understood that Dave, wasn’t having a pop at you, and it bugs me too when people twist stuff to get any sort of controversy they possibly can from any club statement....probably the same people who complain about a perceived ‘lack of communication’ by the club....

3 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

I’m saying the picture was Bakinson. Because it was. Strange to suggest otherwise. 

What are you on about?! It was clearly Hakeeb Adelakun. The fact it didn’t look like Bakinson, and it looked exactly like Adelakun, plus the fact he has been training with us pre-announcement make it pretty obvious.  

6 minutes ago, RedSA said:

What are you on about?! It was clearly Hakeeb Adelakun. The fact it didn’t look like Bakinson, and it looked exactly like Adelakun, plus the fact he has been training with us pre-announcement make it pretty obvious.  

No bud, the picture is of Bakinson. “The fact that” he posted this on his Instagram. 7538C923-0D7A-44D4-872B-63707089FAB7.thumb.png.85e463bec38f8131e726a972be6ff1ba.png

**** off.

8 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

No bud, the picture is of Bakinson. “The fact that” he posted this on his Instagram. 7538C923-0D7A-44D4-872B-63707089FAB7.thumb.png.85e463bec38f8131e726a972be6ff1ba.png

**** off.

That one is a picture of bakinson, well done. 

Not really sure the **** off is necessary. Maybe lay off the cider on a Monday night if you can’t handle it eh. 

6 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Did we manage that on the Engval transfer ? I thought the fee was undisclosed.If we did recoup what was paid then that was a job well done.

Was it not a free transfer - Belgian 2nd league teams don't exactly throw money around.

13 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I very much like the sound of Hakeeb, so I'd like this to be true, but I don't believe it for one minute.

If 'a host' of PL clubs - according to the writer on the OS - seriously wanted to sign Adelakun I've no doubt he'd have chosen one of them over City.

They'd have outbid us with ease and could have offered wages to blow City's contract offer out of the water.

LJ's welcoming spiel makes no mention at all of beating off all this PL competition for his signature, it just seems to be a headline and opening paragraph by the media bloke with no obvious foundation.

Attention grabbing headline, good PR if you take it at face value, and no doubt, like hosts of others, he has been scouted by top flight clubs, but the way it's presented on the OS is likely to be a huge exaggeration imo.

cardiff Hull and forest were all in for him,

33 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

cardiff Hull and forest were all in for him,

'In for him' meaning what? Did any of them make concrete offers of any sort?

The OS shouts that City fought off competition from a host of PL, and Championship, clubs, i.e. Hakeeb chose City above PL clubs. 

That's clearly hyperbole, probably seen by the club as badly needed positive PR after a week of high profile departures.

Nevertheless we're not idiots and don't need that sort of exaggeration to convince us Adelukan looks an exciting signing and the club have done well to get him here.

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

'In for him' meaning what? Did any of them make concrete offers of any sort?

The OS shouts that City fought off competition from a host of PL, and Championship, clubs, i.e. Hakeeb chose City above PL clubs. 

That's clearly hyperbole, probably seen by the club as badly needed positive PR after a week of high profile departures.

Nevertheless we're not idiots and don't need that sort of exaggeration to convince us Adelukan looks an exciting signing and the club have done well to get him here.

all three spoke to him I know that much, they didn't have to contact scunny as he was out of contract, they only neeed to speak to scunny if the player wanted to move to tem so they could agree compensation 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

all three spoke to him I know that much, they didn't have to contact scunny as he was out of contract, they only neeed to speak to scunny if the player wanted to move to tem so they could agree compensation 

No alternative concrete offers of any sort from PL clubs then, so we didn't 'fight off competition from a host PL clubs.'

Good signing imo., and, as I say, credit to the club for getting him, but we don't need that sort of misleading nonsense on the OS.

9 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

Two grown men violently and aggressively arguing as to whether someone in a picture is either Hakeeb Adelakun or Tyreeq Bakinson.

Quality entertainment. :yawn:

Can’t wait for “they all look the same”

48 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No alternative concrete offers of any sort from PL clubs then, so we didn't 'fight off competition from a host PL clubs.'

Good signing imo., and, as I say, credit to the club for getting him, but we don't need that sort of misleading nonsense on the OS.

If the other clubs offered Adelakun a contract then we did 'beat them to the signing'

Them not making contact with Scunthorpe means absolutely nothing because they'd only need to after Adelakun agreed terms with someone.

51 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

they don't need to make a concrete offer the lad didn't have a contract with scunny 

36 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If the other clubs offered Adelakun a contract then we did 'beat them to the signing'

Them not making contact with Scunthorpe means absolutely nothing because they'd only need to after Adelakun agreed terms with someone.

34 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they don't need to make a concrete offer the lad didn't have a contract with scunny 

I didn't say anything about making contact with Scunthorpe, but of course these competing clubs would have to have made the offer to the agent or player for them to be seen as serious competition.

The point is did he, or his agent, have a host of offers from PL clubs which they then decided to reject in favour of City?

I think not, but that is the impression given from the article - which people then take as accepted fact for the purpose of future discussions.

Let's just leave it that he looks a good signing, potentially very good, we're delighted to welcome him to AG, and leave it at that.

No need for the triumphant embellishment for PR purposes, a bit puerile really, and easily seen through by adult fans.

On 02/07/2018 at 18:18, BCFC Richard said:

Another goal here, looking at this one and the other highlights posted earlier in the thread he looks a decent finisher, particularly from range. 

Now that does look JET like! As for whether he chose us over languishing around the training grounds of some premiership club, some players prefer to be playing, not just picking up a wedge.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Now that does look JET like! As for whether he chose us over languishing around the training grounds of some premiership club, some players prefer to be playing, not just picking up a wedge.

Didnt JET score a goal like that against Scunthorpe?

A real 'watch and learn' moment for Adelakun.

On 02/07/2018 at 18:17, Nogbad the Bad said:

I very much like the sound of Hakeeb, so I'd like this to be true, but I don't believe it for one minute.

If 'a host' of PL clubs - according to the writer on the OS - seriously wanted to sign Adelakun I've no doubt he'd have chosen one of them over City.

They'd have outbid us with ease and could have offered wages to blow City's contract offer out of the water.

LJ's welcoming spiel makes no mention at all of beating off all this PL competition for his signature, it just seems to be a headline and opening paragraph by the media bloke with no obvious foundation.

Attention grabbing headline, good PR if you take it at face value, and no doubt, like hosts of others, he has been scouted by top flight clubs, but the way it's presented on the OS is likely to be a huge exaggeration imo.

Run out of reactions - but have a “like” - as you say, no way we would have beaten off premier league clubs if they were seriously interested in him....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Run out of reactions - but have a “like” - as you say, no way we would have beaten off premier league clubs if they were seriously interested in him....

I think folk may be missing the obvious that we offered first team football, a huge attraction to young footballers a league below

Archived