IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Very exciting signing but how many midfielders, especially wingers does that give us, especially with Weimann joining soon?

Left wingers: COD, Eliasson

Right wingers: Adelakun, Watkins

I see Pato and Weimann playing as no 10's, or Weimann as part on a front 3. 

COD gives us flexibility too, as he can hug the touchline as a left sided attacker, or as we've seen with him for Ireland, slightly more central too!

Brownhill needs a whole season in the centre of midfield, plus if we're going to play this high press all season, we need the squad to do it. 

I'm excited by Hakeeb's arrival. If he does as well as Albert did for us, we will have a gem on our hands. A young lad with three seasons of experience and from the video I saw, he will be a treat to watch.

Three good signings so far, assuming Weimann is coming. A new era looms and I just hope for consistency this season without the long "blips". Top ten and flirting continually and positively with play offs will suit me.

25 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

We've desperately needed a right footed, right sided winger/attacker like Adelakun for a while. Fed up with playing left footers on the right hand side, always looking to cut inside. Get COD out on the left, Pato as a no 10, Brownhill in centre mid, then Hakeeb and Marley as our right side options.

Really happy with this one. 

There's far to much positivity and optimism in this post KA - think you've come to the wrong forum.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Feel like this signing is as good as a confirmation that Watkins will be competing for a wing-back role. I'm sure LJ wants flexible players, but his general position I suspect would be there.

If we play with Watkins as a wingback, that assumes we don’t play with wingers?????

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Feel like this signing is as good as a confirmation that Watkins will be competing for a wing-back role. I'm sure LJ wants flexible players, but his general position I suspect would be there.

I can't see past a back 4.

Having Watkins and Adelakun just gives us variety and strength down the right, as both could play on the right of a front 3, or as out and out wingers on the right side of midfield 4. 

Exactly the sort of signing we should be making. Talented young footballer, highly rated in the lower leagues with the potential to step up and be sold on at a profit. Well done LJ.

7 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

Looking back on when we first met

I cannot escape and I cannot forget

Hakeeb, you're the one

You just turn me on

It’s good to have you here at last

1234 repeat

I was thinking more of the Beautiful South song - ‘ song for whom ever’ where they list all the different names .. I’m sure he’d fit in perfectly 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we play with Watkins as a wingback, that assumes we don’t play with wingers?????

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

I can't see past a back 4.

Having Watkins and Adelakun just gives us variety and strength down the right, as both could play on the right of a front 3, or as out and out wingers on the right side of midfield 4. 

Good points well made. No idea then. 4-2-3-1, with Paterson and Weimann battling for the role behind the striker? We might have to lose one attacking player for this to make sense, with COD, Eliasson, Watkins, Adelakun all gunning for the same positions. Maybe not though.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Good points well made. No idea then. 4-2-3-1, with Paterson and Weimann battling for the role behind the striker? We might have to lose one attacking player for this to make sense, with COD, Eliasson, Watkins, Adelakun all gunning for the same positions. Maybe not though.

Pato for me is a much better no 10 than anything else, he drifts out of games too much when out wide. 

I think Weimann gives us a variety of options with his pace and work rate, also he seem quite adapt at playing most roles across the forward line. Some Derby fans thought he wasn't used centrally enough. 

COD's performances for Ireland in more of a central midfield role must also interest Johnson. Could see a midfield 3 of COD, Brownhill and Pack/Smith working well as long as you have progressive full backs, which may well be Pisano and Kelly. 

A front 3 of Weimann, Diedhiou and Adelakun could be a wonderful thing! 

Archived