IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I think folk may be missing the obvious that we offered first team football, a huge attraction to young footballers a league below

He's 22 years old, so any move would be as a first team squad member. I very much doubt he has been offered first team football because clearly a number if recent signings have been nowhere near the first team.

He may though think he has a better chance of playing Champ football for us if another "bigger" club also put an offer on the table, although if middling teams like ourselves were competing then no doubt the financial deal put to his agent was what told in the end.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

OK but judging on his own comments on signing he does expect a starting position

He clearly is a step up from others signed around his age 

If he shows he's worth a regular starting place he'll get it.

No guarantees whatsoever though and I'm sure he's been left under no illusions about that.

22 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If he shows he's worth a regular starting place he'll get it.

No guarantees whatsoever though and I'm sure he's been left under no illusions about that.

Quite right, I don't think any of the new signings have been guaranteed anything. I think LJ is building a squad that he can rotate based on form and fitness, every player will know that if they do not cut the mustard there will be another player ready to take over. Webster could be swapped out for Wright. Weimann, Watkins, the new boy from Scunny who's name I need to learn will all be rotated dependant on fitness and form also. 

23 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

OK but judging on his own comments on signing he does expect a starting position

He clearly is a step up from others signed around his age 

Not sure about that . Lots of hype about Moore Engval Maggers Eliasson, only one of which has made any impact at first team level. We do also seem to have a lot of wide players and whilst anyone would "expect" to play which is a good thing, I would be astonished if a player from his level has been guaranteed such a position.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Not sure about that . Lots of hype about Moore Engval Maggers Eliasson, only one of which has made any impact at first team level. We do also seem to have a lot of wide players and whilst anyone would "expect" to play which is a good thing, I would be astonished if a player from his level has been guaranteed such a position.

A bit different as he has lots of good experience in England. He's a more similar signing to O'Dowda or Brownhill in my opinion if we're making comparisons. Promising player with a fair bit of English experience but still room to improve and develop.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A bit different as he has lots of good experience in England. He's a more similar signing to O'Dowda or Brownhill in my opinion if we're making comparisons. Promising player with a fair bit of English experience but still room to improve and develop.

Fair comment but our new man is not a step up from either of them surely.

26 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Hope so but not a step up is all i'm saying. If he stays fit we might have a job keeping Callum.

I'd say he will be a step up in terms of instant impact compared to the likes of Taylor Moore, Engvall, Eliasson etc

Wouldn't expect him to need time to adjust or anything that a foreign player may need - just a bit of time to adjust from the step up in quality from L1 to the Championship.

He is potentially very good though, really pleased we've pulled this off. Surprised a bigger side didn't go for him actually.

Archived