IGNORED

JET signs for Billericay Town (Merged)

GrahamC

52 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It seems cotts was the only manager to get a tune out of him and jet only got a decent run then because of injuries. What a waste of talent. Imagine his ability with Bobby Reid’s work rate , he’d be world class. 

SOD actually. Cotts always chose Wilbraham and Agard when they were fit and then let JET go at the end of the season.

A great pity though - on his day he was fantastic, but he didn't have the application. Has left some great memories in his short stay with us, much more than the many non-entities we've all just about forgotten. 

6 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer fella.

How’s that talent done for the rest of his ‘career’? 

That's everyone's point... 

He's a player with tonnes of talent, even wenger saw it, but he doesn't have the application to turn that talent into consistency

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Just signed for Billericay Town, one league below the Conference.

How depressing that someone so incredibly talented has ended up that far down the leagues at such a young age.

Taught him when he was at school in forest gate. I can assure you he was/is a remarkable talent. At 13 could hit your choice of post or crossbar with back to goal on the turn! 

7 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer fella.

How’s that talent done for the rest of his ‘career’? 

It got him an appearance in the Champions League, Arsene Wenger naming him one of the most talented players he had seen, multiple chances at Championship clubs- with his talent very clear at each of them, and a league and cup double with us.

As said by others. It wasn't a lack of talent that hurt JET. It was a lack of desire/application. His skill would have been obvious to a blind person with a bag over their head.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It got him an appearance in the Champions League, Arsene Wenger naming him one of the most talented players he had seen, multiple chances at Championship clubs- with his talent very clear at each of them, and a league and cup double with us.

As said by others. It wasn't a lack of talent that hurt JET. It was a lack of desire/application. His skill would have been obvious to a blind person with a bag over their head.

Spot on

7 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

One kick of the ball = tonnes of talent. 

Starting to think you are a WUM.

Or just deliberately being thick.

"One kick" bore off. He scored 20 goals in our first season after relegation, and without him we would have been waiting until December for our first league win that season.

I've not seen anyone score 20 goals with one kick.

One of the very few players I’ve seen being given a standing ovation when being subbed off for the opposition at Ashton Gate. Then we signed him, I was delighted. But it’s been proven since that pretty much no manager has been able to get him to apply himself as a professional footballer should. Maybe non league might suit him, he will probably treat it like turning out for a pub team and fit it around his other distracting interests.

I'll adore the bloke for the rest of time, but just seen this news on twitter and felt a bit annoyed. Arsene Wenger said he could be a top premier league player at one point. We all seen it too. I imagine he's still on a decent wage and was no doubt on 20k+ a week whilst at QPR for 3 years, so providing he's invested his money properly he might not be that worried about earning a big wage anymore. It's a crying shame to see such talent so far down the leagues. However if he does show up every game he'll get them in to the football league on his own. 

It’s staggering if you compare JET to Bobby Reid think about it.

Bobby had to really, really push himself to get to where he has just got to. The work ethic he must have is staggering. But if he stops pushing he will fade.

JET has been to that level without breaking sweat it seems. He has no desire to work anymore than he has to and gets easily distracted. If he only had a bit of Bobby in his make up, if he pushed he could soar. 

Incredibly talented player - not many players got me off me seat down the gate in past 27 years of watching. Murray, Tinnion and JET the three I can think of. Shame he had no real interest in getting to the top - just seemed to play when he wanted and enjoy the rest of his life. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Incredibly talented player - not many players got me off me seat down the gate in past 27 years of watching. Murray, Tinnion and JET the three I can think of. Shame he had no real interest in getting to the top - just seemed to play when he wanted and enjoy the rest of his life. 

Along with jacki,agree even tho I said it was a wasted talent if you don’t really like football like a few top footballers have said then what’s the motivation and obviously it’s not a money thing,maybe he will be happy just rocking up and having a kick about 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

He'll tear that league apart if he can be bothered. Premier league ability with what seems like very little determination to progress, great shame

Agreed he’ll smash it, worst thing about all this IF he could be bothered he could without doubt be tearing up the championship, such a waste of talent.

I'll always remember JET very fondly.  He was one of the only rays of light in those horrid months in League 1 under SOD (who, despite his faults, seemed to be the manager who got the best out of him) and is one of the most talented players I have seen in a City shirt. He was a great character too, even managing to add drama to penalties with that slow-motion run up.

I'm actually pretty surprised at how far his football career has fallen. When Cotts let him go I was disappointed and thought he'd come back to haunt us. Shows how much I know.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Starting to think you are a WUM.

Or just deliberately being thick.

"One kick" bore off. He scored 20 goals in our first season after relegation, and without him we would have been waiting until December for our first league win that season.

I've not seen anyone score 20 goals with one kick.

Wilbraham got 20 goals in League One fella. Does he walk on water with JET? Bore off. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It’s staggering if you compare JET to Bobby Reid think about it.

Bobby had to really, really push himself to get to where he has just got to. The work ethic he must have is staggering. But if he stops pushing he will fade.

JET has been to that level without breaking sweat it seems. He has no desire to work anymore than he has to and gets easily distracted. If he only had a bit of Bobby in his make up, if he pushed he could soar. 

It is not staggering if it is broken down. 

Why is Bobby Reid not as skillful as Jay Emanuelle Thomas? Why are the rest of us not as skillful as either? 

There is no skill dna. That level of skill can only come from insane levels of practice. Seriously his work ethic must have been staggering. His mindset ... His growth mindset to be that skillful had to be more committed, more passionate about his skill level than his peers and us. He was not born like that, its is not natural in the sense it is developed by creating neurons and myelination, via thousands and thousands of hours of deliberate practice the like of which normal human beings never attempt to achieve in sport.

These levels of skill rarely co exist with the supposed harder working, and when they do they get called Ronaldo. The unusually skilled in a Jay Emanuelle Thomas, a Tomlin and a Trundle in BCFC's case are all tagged flawed and work shy. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that these players have to work even harder due to their physical limitations to achieve the levels they have ... They become that skillful in spite of what they are physically are ... They achieve, they reach their limits.

Archived