IGNORED

JET signs for Billericay Town (Merged)

GrahamC

As many have said on this thread, JET was a fantastically talented player for us and will be one remembered fondly for his skill - which, when he was on it, was unbelievable and unstoppable.

He is easily one of my favourite players to wear the City shirt. He was entertaining (and sometimes frustrating) to watch. At the time he left us, i remember it felt like a girlfriend ending a relationship I never wanted to :sad26:(I know I'll get stick for saying that).

As others have said, he had a side to his game which appeared lazy. Blame it on his size, fitness or just his style of game, it did undoutably let him down and possibly may be the reason why he has never really settled anywhere and appears to be dropping down the football pyramid. 

If there is a manager somewhere out there that could work out how to change or develop JETs negative side of his game, he would unlock an incredible player.  The sad thing is if JET himself could have evolved that side if his game earlier in his carer he would (in my opinion) still be playing in the PL and we may never have seen him play in a City shirt.

Wherever he eventually ends up, as long as he is fit and ready, those fans will have one hell of an entertaining player to watch and if it's further down the pyramid, he'll rip it to peices.

Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

\I can't really be bothered to get into a never ending debate with you on this, but just to clarify - does this mean you believe that upon birth, everyone has the potential to be the best in the world at anything provided they practice enough?

No. Mo Farah could practice for ever and never be the best in the World at weight lifting. 

By focussing on aspects of football we, and that is virtually all of us can become super skilled at elements of the game with years of focussed training. It will not make us the best footballers in the world.  

18 hours ago, YorksRed said:

Just hope for his sake he doesn’t wake up in 20 years time and think “what an opportunity I wasted”.  

I suspect he probably already knows that but doesn't have the application or mental toughness to arrest the slide.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I can't really be bothered to get into a never ending debate with you on this, but just to clarify - does this mean you believe that upon birth, everyone has the potential to be the best in the world at anything provided they practice enough?

Think its @spudski that mentions 10000 hours. we all can be expert or very good at something with that time. A lot of coaches believe it and believe in setting ideas of no limits to be the best a player can be. There are limits and they don't tell players they will be world beaters. JET is expert at his football but in a game that is very athletic at the top he has a body that holds him back. 

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

I don’t like fishing and don’t understand your Bambi reference. 

JET is/was crap.

( oh yes ! )

I trust you never watched a City game between 2013-15 then, when JET would regularly tear teams apart single handed...

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Season ticket holder for 17 years fella.

Never missed a home game in that time. 

Matt Smith tore apart League One. Premier League quality?

Smith scored goals, hardly tore it apart. 

Jet didn't just score goals, he made goals by himself regularly taking on 4 or 5 defenders and beating them, I guess you must have missed him doing that every week.... 

Add to that he showed his quality in arsenal's youth system, making his debut for them at 16 and being one of the best young prospects in the country at one point, then again he was obviously crap with no talent whatsoever... 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Smith scored goals, hardly tore it apart. 

Jet didn't just score goals, he made goals by himself regularly taking on 4 or 5 defenders and beating them, I guess you must have missed him doing that every week.... 

Add to that he showed his quality in arsenal's youth system, making his debut for them at 16 and being one of the best young prospects in the country at one point, then again he was obviously crap with no talent whatsoever... 

Tell me about his impact and career trajectory since his stint in the Arsenal youth team?

Just now, Agard Days Night said:

Tell me about his impact and career trajectory since his stint in the Arsenal youth team?

That isn't the argument, if you can't see the guy had natural talent, despite his other flaws, I wonder why you watch football?  He was bloody exciting to watch and the only City player in my lifetime that I was confident would score a penalty.

3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

That's the point though... 

He obviously has immense talent, as seen by wenger and many people who know a lot about the game, but at the same time he lacks the commitment to become a top player

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That's the point though... 

He obviously has immense talent, as seen by wenger and many people who know a lot about the game, but at the same time he lacks the commitment to become a top player

His career doesn’t scream talent to me.

Maybe you’re mistaking being immensely talented with being Swazzy? 

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Thansk Cowshed. 

Are they as unbelievably talented as JET?

I should have added the F2's Billy Wingrove and Jeromy "Jezza" Lynch. Yes they are unbelievably talented at what they do. World famous. Neither play pro football so in the sense of pro football no.

On 20/07/2018 at 19:03, steviestevieneville said:

It seems cotts was the only manager to get a tune out of him and jet only got a decent run then because of injuries. What a waste of talent. Imagine his ability with Bobby Reid’s work rate , he’d be world class. 

What a massive call it was when Cotts didn’t offer him a new contract. And absolutely spot on! 

Will always remember JET fondly, for his time here though. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What a massive call it was when Cotts didn’t offer him a new contract. And absolutely spot on! 

Will always remember JET fondly, for his time here though. 

I thought Cotts wanted to keep him and it was others that decided to not offer. 

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I thought part of it was JET himself who wanted to go back to London. I could have dreamed that though.

Yep pretty sure that is what happened.

For Arsenal youth team JET played every position in the centre of the pitch. Centre half, defensive midfield, centre midfield, attacking midfield and forward. What a talent - I have family near Billaricay so if he signs I’ll try and watch a game.

Archived