IGNORED

JET signs for Billericay Town (Merged)

GrahamC

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Between 1981 and 2016 (35 years) we only averaged above 15k twice. In 2008 and 09. 

I don't quite see where that is wrong? 

Yep but you said, aside from the last couple of seasons....(2016/2017 and 2017/2018) we hadn’t averaged above 15k more than twice in the last 45 years....then you changed it to the last 35 years....

So, in 2008 we averaged well over 15k and in 2009 we averaged over 15k and in 2015/2016 we averaged over 15k - so that’s three seasons....which is more than two....so you’re still wrong...

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think a ‘supporter’ attends games - ie they ‘support’ the club financially - a fan also loves the club but can’t necessarily attend - fan is short for ‘fanatic’....

I’ve always considered that “supporter” is a bit lukewarm, and fan (fanatic) is stronger - so the reverse of your analysis.

However, I agree that there are plenty of supporters who look out for our results without turning up. Anybody who wants one particular team to do well is a supporter, whether they go to games or not. There will be a lot of Bristolians (and others) who may or may not live away, who follow our results.

I just find it very very sad that his undoubted talent has gone to waste and wonder if JET will come to regret his lack of application when he won't have the option to play prof football any more? With a better work ethic he could and maybe should have gone to the very top but in the modern game you have to base your team around mavericks or leave them out. Alan Ball got the best out of Le Tiss  by saying you just hurt the opposition , leave the donkey work to the other 9 outfield players. It wouldn't work nowadays.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rubbish....once again you claim to know everything about every City fan...I know lots of City fans who came back from far and wide to watch us at Wembley etc, not ‘plastics’ (can you define what that means?!) just people who have moved away and cannot attend every home or away game...you really think that the total number of Bristol City fans on this planet totals 25k? And you said ‘maximum’ ?! Not got a clue….

There were coaches from Melksham (two), Trowbridge and Chippenham. I would suggest that is not people just moving away more a case of City being a regional West Country club. 

7 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Just getting back to the original subject, I fear JETs failure to realise his full potential is as much down to inadequate management as to his lack of application.

Disagree. He’s failed everywhere, ultimately, suggesting no coach can get him to apply himself.

11 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Tons of raw ability, but no stamina, limited application and possibly lacking tactical awareness.

Ability is created. Skill is the accumulation of years and thousands of hours of practice. One skill can be years to acquire. Most of us never attempt to do similar and view skill as a natural blessing … We will never work as hard at football as Jet did to get to be as talented.

It can be viewed that despite that despite that accumulation of years and thousands of hours of practice JET lacks genetic advantages that many do like most humans and will never be quick or an endurance athlete … His ceiling could have been Doncastor. 

Archived