IGNORED

JET signs for Billericay Town (Merged)

GrahamC

16 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Evening! Been on holiday for the past month and a half? Keep up mate. 

Yes, but doesn't stop me still shaking my head at the blindness of many to football. Real skilful football. His career doesn't scream talent? No, nor does a lot of players - Lee Trundle's, whilst better than JET's, doesn't include much compared to many Prem players. Nor David Noble. Nor Dziekanowski (part from WC 86). Nor Scott Murray. Nor Adomah. Nor many, many others. Success isn't a sign of talent. As this thread points out, JET's talent resulted in relatively little success because of his attitude. His talent is undeniable. Next you'll be telling me Nicky Tanner was better/more talented than JET because he played for Liverpool for 6 years. Mate.

Ps July 20-Aug 08 is a lot less than a month and a half, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Huntstile Red said:

Yes, but doesn't stop me still shaking my head at the blindness of many to football. Real skilful football. His career doesn't scream talent? No, nor does a lot of players - Lee Trundle's, whilst better than JET's, doesn't include much compared to many Prem players. Nor David Noble. Nor Dziekanowski (part from WC 86). Nor Scott Murray. Nor Adomah. Nor many, many others. Success isn't a sign of talent. As this thread points out, JET's talent resulted in relatively little success because of his attitude. His talent is undeniable. Next you'll be telling me Nicky Tanner was better/more talented than JET because he played for Liverpool for 6 years. Mate.

Ps July 20-Aug 08 is a lot less than a month and a half, isn't it?

Mate.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Thailand division 2, good luck JET but surely can do better?

Looking at the signing on photo, he should instead be challenging Anthony Joshua - looks like he has spent a lot of time in the gym, I wonder if he has put as much effort into his running / stamina?

Will always have a place in my heart - remember that free kick in an evening game just before half time?

54 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Looking at the signing on photo, he should instead be challenging Anthony Joshua - looks like he has spent a lot of time in the gym, I wonder if he has put as much effort into his running / stamina?

Will always have a place in my heart - remember that free kick in an evening game just before half time?

Big arms and square shoulders may maketh the man in stature but as for running/stamina it means **** all buddy.

28 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Surely can’t. He’s crap.

His drive and ambition may well be "crap", but on his day he was one of the most talented players I have seen down the gate. Just so frustrating when it wasn't happening and it seemed he just couldn't be bothered. A wasted talent.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, wood_red said:

His drive and ambition may well be "crap", but on his day he was one of the most talented players I have seen down the gate. Just so frustrating when it wasn't happening and it seemed he just couldn't be bothered. A wasted talent.

Unless O'Driscoll is the manager out there it won't happen

52 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I don't know why but I always suspected with JET the issue was confidence rather than commitment. As soon as things didn't go his way, his head would drop, he'd lose focus and the game would pass him by. Obviously the end result was the same in that he appeared disinterested and failed to contribute but I always sensed there was something psychological rather than he simply didn't care. 

Nonetheless perhaps the most naturally gifted player I remember seeing at Ashton Gate. A real shame he's never fulfilled his potential. 

12 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Port Vale, 5-0 win, freekick made it 4-0 IIRC

From where I was sat it looked like the ball had landed on the top of the goal at first, the area of the Dolman where I was seemed to celebrate about half a second after everyone else.

The game sticks in my mind because it was the SOD and Cotts season- the only league win I saw before new year that season was boxing day where we won 1-0 from a penalty, which was taken as I was going through the turnstyle. I had a season ticket and the only home game I missed in that time was Crawley in November, so it wasn't even down to lack of attendance.

Yet each game I took someone to we won, took my Dad to the Stevenage game (4-1?), a mate to the Gillingham one and my Dad to the 5-0 where JET scored a freekick.

I'm always impressed when English players decide to play abroad, so fair play to JET for deciding to have a go in the Thai top division, especially as the only European player in their team.

With that being said, my problem with JET when he was at Bristol City was that he acted like he was a big-shot when he was plying his trade in the third division of English football, alongisde players that drove modest cars and would occasionally eat meals with the plebs at David Lloyd instead of the high-flying lifestyle you'd see from Premier League players. It feels like he's moved to Thailand because there wasn't sufficient interest in England to fit his lifestyle, and his agent couldn't get him in a top-flight league in a warm country with a party lifestyle.

By moving to Thailand, he gets the best of both worlds. He gets to play football in a top-flight league, in a cheap and warm country, while getting to play the big man. He's also conveniently found a club right next to a fantastic looking beach. It sounds like this is all taking a dig at him, but in many ways he's doing better than some poor ****** playing in the asshole of nowhere for peanuts. He had one of the few jobs out there where he can work wherever he wants around the world, and get paid well for it, so fair play to him.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't know why but I always suspected with JET the issue was confidence rather than commitment. As soon as things didn't go his way, his head would drop, he'd lose focus and the game would pass him by. Obviously the end result was the same in that he appeared disinterested and failed to contribute but I always sensed there was something psychological rather than he simply didn't care. 

Nonetheless perhaps the most naturally gifted player I remember seeing at Ashton Gate. A real shame he's never fulfilled his potential. 

Know what you mean, but I really believe it was commitment. Football was always just a game, not a career, for him. He liked his music more than his football. You only had to watch him warming up to see that he wasn’t truly committed. In a sense it wasn’t ‘wasted’ in the way Tomlin’s or Gazza’s talents were wasted; it was his choice, and you couldn’t help but enjoy his warm up technique! As you say, hugely gifted, and I’ll never watch a penalty again without remembering fondly JET’s penalty technique, just brilliant! 

I don’t care what any of you say. JET is a ******* legend. 

Through those dark SOD times he was pretty much the only shining light and I echo the thoughts of those who say he’s the most naturally talented player they’ve seen at the Gate.

I’ll always love JET. 

30 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I don’t hate him, just don’t rate him. 

Surely you can see how crap he is?

A lot of things can be said about JET but  if you honestly believe he is crap then you need to just watch a new sport. You might have better luck understanding the new one

36 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

No I can't and it neither can every other City fan. 

If you honestly think he's a crap footballer, football isn't the sport for you

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

You only have to remember the likes of Peter Styvar, Nicky Hunt, Ryan McGivern, to realise JET is a footballing god compared to them.

Archived