IGNORED

Peg's Caption Countdown - Day 4

Septic Peg

@BCFC Richard was the winner for Day 3. You're the grand owner of the remotes of the jumbotrons. Use them wisely.

Today is a late one (apologies folks!) but this photo comes courtesy of Twitter and 2014 when Packo won an RT comp v Gareth Bale of all people...

Bonus point if you can get an Avon Gorge Hotel link in...

BuODDWVIYAAPHIj.jpeg

Bloke on the bridge #1: Stand back, I'm thinking of jumping!

Bloke on the bridge #2: Why are you thinking of jumping?

Bloke on the bridge #1: Last season was awful. Also doesn't everyone think about jumping when they walk across the gorge?

Bloke on the bridge #2: No. And Sean O'Driscoll has signed some very good young players and he knows this division inside out.

Bloke on the bridge #1: That is true, but after last season I can't quite convince myself that he could motivate a paper bag.

Bloke on the bridge #2: That's out of order, he's signed some really good players. I reckon Flint and Pack will turn out okay.

Bloke on the bridge #1: What about Elliot Parish?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Elliot Parish? I don't know who the **** you are talking about.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Well we've signed him from Cardiff to compete with Frank Fielding. Hardly inspiring is it.

Bloke on the bridge #2: What were you hoping for? The bloke is 23. Did you think we missed out on Radamel Falcao? 

Bloke on the bridge #1: There is no need for sarcasm. I just think we could be signing some players I've heard of.

Bloke on the bridge #2: Have you heard of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas?

Bloke on the bridge #1: I've not heard of any of those three.

Bloke on the bridge #2: It's one bloke. He used to play for Arsenal. He scored two here a couple of seasons ago for Doncaster.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh. It sounded like 3 different blokes. Bet he's ******* useless.

Bloke on the bridge #2: You're a right barrel of laughs. He's very talented.  He can be one of our four pillars.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Four what?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Pillars.

Bloke on the bridge #1: What's a pillar?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Not sure but we're going to have four of them and that will make everything alright. Lansdown said it.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh. Right. How many do we have now?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Pillars?

Bloke on the bridge #1: Of course Pillars. What do you think I was talking about? Cat flaps?

Bloke on the bridge #2: I'm not sure. I guess we've got 4. That is the plan. 

Bloke on the bridge #1: And how does Sean O'Driscoll fit into these 4 pillars?

Bloke on the bridge #2: What?

Bloke on the bridge #1: How does Sean O'Driscoll deliver this plan of having 4 pillars?

Bloke on the bridge #2: I'm not sure you have understood this pillar thing.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Well what's the point of them?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Good question. It sounds good mind.

Bloke on the bridge #1: And how does that help?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Because in the absence of a plan it sounds like a convincing strategy.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh. Right. So where does Sean O'Driscoll fit in to this Powerpoint of yours?

Bloke on the bridge #2: He's the leader.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Sounds more like one of the pillocks to me. Anyway, has he got the fight for this?

Bloke on the bridge #2: *shakes head casually* STUPID QUESTION

Bloke on the bridge #1: I presume that's a yes then?

Bloke on the bridge #2: *grimaces* It's a stupid question. Don't ask me stupid questions. I've just articulated a lot of... it's a stupid question.

Bloke on the bridge #1: But.. but.. in his career...

Bloke on the bridge #2: *flaps hands silently* Woaah woaah woaaah

Adam Baker: He's answered the question, he's answered the question

Bloke on the bridge #1: Well it's a fair question, has O'Driscoll been one of these pillars in his career, that's all I'm asking you.

Bloke on the bridge #2: *waving dismissively* It's a stupid question

Bloke on the bridge #1: I was just asking. I don't know the four pillars from the Four Tops. I can't tell if it's all made up.

Bloke on the bridge #2: *shrugs shoulders*

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh well, I am going to jump now. Are you going to try and stop me?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Stupid question. I certainly wasn't planning on it. 

Bloke on the bridge #1: There's no going back after this, don't say I didn't warn you.

Bloke on the bridge #2: I won't.

Bloke on the bridge #1: No seriously. I'll do it.

Marlon Pack: *Remains unaware, still posing for the camera*

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

Bloke on the bridge #1: Stand back, I'm thinking of jumping!

Bloke on the bridge #2: Why are you thinking of jumping?

Bloke on the bridge #1: Last season was awful. Also doesn't everyone think about jumping when they walk across the gorge?

Bloke on the bridge #2: No. And Sean O'Driscoll has signed some very good young players and he knows this division inside out.

Bloke on the bridge #1: That is true, but after last season I can't quite convince myself that he could motivate a paper bag.

Bloke on the bridge #2: That's out of order, he's signed some really good players. I reckon Flint and Pack will turn out okay.

Bloke on the bridge #1: What about Elliot Parish?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Elliot Parish? I don't know who the **** you are talking about.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Well we've signed him from Cardiff to compete with Frank Fielding. Hardly inspiring is it.

Bloke on the bridge #2: What were you hoping for? The bloke is 23. Did you think we missed out on Radamel Falcao? 

Bloke on the bridge #1: There is no need for sarcasm. I just think we could be signing some players I've heard of.

Bloke on the bridge #2: Have you heard of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas?

Bloke on the bridge #1: I've not heard of any of those three.

Bloke on the bridge #2: It's one bloke. He used to play for Arsenal. He scored two here a couple of seasons ago for Doncaster.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh. It sounded like 3 different blokes. Bet he's ******* useless.

Bloke on the bridge #2: You're a right barrel of laughs. He's very talented.  He can be one of our four pillars.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Four what?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Pillars.

Bloke on the bridge #1: What's a pillar?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Not sure but we're going to have four of them and that will make everything alright. Lansdown said it.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh. Right. How many do we have now?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Pillars?

Bloke on the bridge #1: Of course Pillars. What do you think I was talking about? Cat flaps?

Bloke on the bridge #2: I'm not sure. I guess we've got 4. That is the plan. 

Bloke on the bridge #1: And how does Sean O'Driscoll fit into these 4 pillars?

Bloke on the bridge #2: What?

Bloke on the bridge #1: How does Sean O'Driscoll deliver this plan of having 4 pillars?

Bloke on the bridge #2: I'm not sure you have understood this pillar thing.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Well what's the point of them?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Good question. It sounds good mind.

Bloke on the bridge #1: And how does that help?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Because in the absence of a plan it sounds like a convincing strategy.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh. Right. So where does Sean O'Driscoll fit in to this Powerpoint of yours?

Bloke on the bridge #2: He's the leader.

Bloke on the bridge #1: Sounds more like one of the pillocks to me. Anyway, has he got the fight for this?

Bloke on the bridge #2: *shakes head casually* STUPID QUESTION

Bloke on the bridge #1: I presume that's a yes then?

Bloke on the bridge #2: *grimaces* It's a stupid question. Don't ask me stupid questions. I've just articulated a lot of... it's a stupid question.

Bloke on the bridge #1: But.. but.. in his career...

Bloke on the bridge #2: *flaps hands silently* Woaah woaah woaaah

Adam Baker: He's answered the question, he's answered the question

Bloke on the bridge #1: Well it's a fair question, has O'Driscoll been one of these pillars in his career, that's all I'm asking you.

Bloke on the bridge #2: *waving dismissively* It's a stupid question

Bloke on the bridge #1: I was just asking. I don't know the four pillars from the Four Tops. I can't tell if it's all made up.

Bloke on the bridge #2: *shrugs shoulders*

Bloke on the bridge #1: Oh well, I am going to jump now. Are you going to try and stop me?

Bloke on the bridge #2: Stupid question. I certainly wasn't planning on it. 

Bloke on the bridge #1: There's no going back after this, don't say I didn't warn you.

Bloke on the bridge #2: I won't.

Bloke on the bridge #1: No seriously. I'll do it.

Marlon Pack: *Remains unaware, still posing for the camera*

More spare time than I have.

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@BCFC Richardsta was the winner for Day 3. You're the grand owner of the remotes of the jumbotrons. Use them wisely.

Today is a late one (apologies folks!) but this photo comes courtesy of Twitter and 2014 when Packo won an RT comp v Gareth Bale of all people...

BuODDWVIYAAPHIj.jpeg

''Sorry Sir, no work clothes allowed in the lounge specially overalls. You're welcome to wait outside on our patio area, please enjoy the views, its what The Avon Gorge Hotel is famous for...''   

Yeah right '****t!  ..thinks Marlon 

Sorry for spinning of your set up @Olé

Pack stands listening to two men on the bridge (he has excellent hearing!).

Man #1 - Stand back I thinking of jumping

Man #2 - why would you want to do that?

Man #1 - Last season was terrible I just can't take that again.

Man #2 - it wasn't that bad sure there were ups and downs but there were loads to love

Man #1 - no there was it was another crushing disappointment.

Man #2 - look think about the new season we've made some good signings this summer 

Man #1 - have we I can't think of one, there all as terrible as we already had.

Man #2 - Look mate don't waste your life there are definitely downs as a supporter but as a City fan there's always hope.

Man #1 - City fan? I support Rovers!

At this point, PAck turns around

Pack - Push him!

7 hours ago, reddoh said:

More spare time than I have.

You can enjoy the same level of spare time simply by visiting London Bridge station at about 11pm and waiting 40 minutes for the last train home to leave.

So let me get this right guv, over the railings, down the cliffside to build up speed, a barrel roll while under the bridge to swing up and loop over the top then back down to the Avon Gorge Hotel finished off with a controlled vertical landing!

Could we not have just use Brownhill for this as he's used to being on the wing?

15 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@BCFC Richard was the winner for Day 3. You're the grand owner of the remotes of the jumbotrons. Use them wisely.

BuODDWVIYAAPHIj.jpeg

Told you my chin wasn’t that big; it barely fills the gorge.

Archived