IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bakinson and Pring were both Half-season loans (correct @JamesBCFC).

Taylor Moore has a recall clause, and Vyner too.

Gonna be interesting what happens between Frankie and Max now that Max has shown he is capable.

Re Morrell, suspect there will be interest, but he will have a tough decision depending on Walsh and Smith injuries and whether we bring anyone in.

Personally I think we should get Bakinson back to be in an around the squad rather than extend his loan - particularly if they lose their manager which seems likely. With Walsh and Korey both injured it makes sense to me. Taylor & Zac, I`m not so sure - it depends what happens with Baker and Bailey Wright really.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Personally I think we should get Bakinson back to be in an around the squad rather than extend his loan - particularly if they lose their manager which seems likely. With Walsh and Korey both injured it makes sense to me. Taylor & Zac, I`m not so sure - it depends what happens with Baker and Bailey Wright really.

Interesting that he was an unused substitute today. You wouldn't have thought he would be rested against the league leaders, perhaps they are getting used to life without him?

I’d get Bakinson back and around the first team. More to integrate for next season but also match fit. Send Morrell to Newport to get some minutes and on the radar of L1 clubs. With his size he could be one that isn’t quite ready until his mid 20s(I like the look of him personally). I know he had the L2 loan last season but that was a struggling to midtable side. Newport are in a playoff race and would be good for him to get that experience imo. 

With Pisano and Wright back and Hunt here keep Vyner and Moore where they are. 

Pring I might take back and drop a level for the minutes if can be found. 

McCoulskey back and maybe stick around for some more personalised training. Maybe if a L2 team needs goals send him. I’f even consider a conference aside if he’d play a lot

I don’t think Bakinson has done as well recently as he did in the first couple of months of his loan. Found himself on their bench a couple of times in the past few weeks. 

No Semenyo or Pring in the squad at all. Guessing injured because I believe Semenyo is highly rated.  

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I only just noticed that they`re 9th and only a point outside the playoffs. It could be an interesting second half of the season for young Taylor.

Doing well considering they had a really bad run for about 6 or 7 games and their fans were getting at Chris Powell. I think you have misread the table though @Red Right Hand they are 10 points off the 6th spot.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

The way Southend have been talking about him I wouldn't be surprised if he is in our side next season. Imagine Moore and Webster bringing the ball out of defence. Absolute class. 

Big gap between the 2 divisions technically- however saw that and it was absolute quality. Also has the grounding of England U19 and Lens- maybe I'm risk averse and he wouldn't need the year on loan in the Championship like Vyner.

They're roughly the same age though, so I wonder.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Funny how Moore was apparently not very good at Cheltenham in league two last season and one season later sounds like he is a top league one defender.

In fairness he did pretty well in a struggling Bury side in Lg1 in 16/17.  I was surprised to see him drop into Lg2, and to a side like Cheltenham....I don’t think it was a good fit for him.

It looks like in the summer he really worked hard physically and came back looking stronger. I think that was his one weakness from what I have seen of him. He looked too weak on some goals conceded last season at Cheltenham. He seems to read the game well and is a classy footballer, but now he's filled out I think he might be ready for us next season. 

Someone on Twitter says Vyner is staying for the rest of the season at Rotherham. He was apparently injured last game. With them winning let's hope he can get back in the side!

I had assumed he was getting recalled when he wasn’t in the 18 (17 actually - they only named 6 subs) yesterday with Billy Jones suspended.

Both players staying on loan is probably the sensible decision. It's not like our defence is struggling, and better for them to get more game time. 

Big decision on Pisano coming up.  Hunt has certainly taken the challenge and has had two excellent games with Eros rested and then picking up a strain.  I guess depends where we see Vyner as a CB or not.

Archived