IGNORED

JOHNSON SACKED - Gary that is.

Bristol Rob

32 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

It would me.

I imagine he is still on a very nice pay off from Brum. With I reckon just under two years to run. Can't imagine Cheltenham would be able to get anywhere near matching it, to tempt him, even if he was interested, which I doubt.

Possibly more sentimental than financial - remember he made Cheltenham what they are 

33 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Possibly more sentimental than financial - remember he made Cheltenham what they are 

Indeed, but I believe that he feels he still has ambition to manage at a higher level. He is not short of self belief or self confidence. 

No doubt I'm very much in a minority, but I'd love to see him back here. But it would never happen unless we have a new owner, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Just add Steve McLaren returns to City as DOF.

….he'll be off to pursue a career in multi-lingual interpretation and translation services after discovering a natural talent for it during his spell in Holland.  Picking up accents and dialects come quickly and prove easy for him.  It is hoped he can bring his talents and services together under one umbrella company.  

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

….he'll be off to pursue a career in multi-lingual interpretation and translation services after discovering a natural talent for it during his spell in Holland.  Picking up accents and dialects come quickly and prove easy for him.  It is hoped he can bring his talents and services together under one umbrella company.  

Shurely shome mishtake?

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why did you copy my reply x3?

You must have missed my pots recently when LJ was accused of wasting £36m - a lot of that was spent on young developing players which is an integral part of his remit.

Some of that went on our record signing Famara at £5.3m

No, I agreed with @BobBobSuperBob that LJ had been given a shedload of money to spend (over £36m in three years) - I didn’t use the word ‘wasted’ or ‘wasting’ - now, now, keep to the truth...

9 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Dont think he will come back as head coach

Director of football got a nice ring to it!!

If GJ came to City in any capacity he’d bring his taxi driver with him and before long our club would being run like a family corner shop just as it was before.

That said - I’m fairly sure that for the first time in his footballing career LJ would like to be his own man .......

As a Yeovil supporter, I don't think you are in any danger of getting Sir Gary back!  However, I think that many of our supporters, including me, would jump at the chance of getting him back, flawed or not, in place of the honest and hardworking, but uninspired  Darren Way. He has shown, by producing three promotions for us with no money,  that it can be done.  All the best to City for a very successful season!

Archived