IGNORED

Could all the 'LJ out' brigade post here please...

cityexile

59 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I’m so tired of this. 

Win a few - ‘where are all you LJ haters now’ etc etc

Lose a few - ‘he’s got to go, all you happy clappers are wrong’ 

Can we not just accept that some people are fans of the manager and some people aren’t. The petty point scoring and ‘my opinion is better than your opinion because of what happened this week’ is getting boring now. 

People are gonna have different opinions and it’s a forum. It’s always gonna be like this 

I think it's worth pointing out that the last 2 performances were totally different to the first 3 league games and LJ made comment about that and at last the message has gotten through to the players.

The first 3 were languid, slow, unadventurous, lacking in pace and aggression and lacking in getting the ball forward quickly enough.

Tuesday night proved that we don't always need to play our pretty floor passing game, we can adapt and go more direct (even without a 'target man') if it's the best way to beat your opposition and full marks to LJ for trying that, it was a brave decision.

Yesterday we reverted back mainly to our prettier floor passing game but with pace and aggression and for the first time in 2018 IMHO, we looked like the team we had been August to December 2017 and long may it continue, because not only is it pleasing on the eye but it's uncomfortable for any opposition to play against and it's our forte.

The trick is keeping this style and momentum going, my honest belief is our problem has been our own over confidence, that is when we revert back to the non threatening, languid, lacking pace and aggression type of football that brings the results we have mainly endured in 2018.

I also believe that after the January window the incredible team spirit and together dressing room, spread like a cancer throughout the team.

So LJ keep their feet on the ground, do not accept us reverting back to the bad old months and backing off during games, isolate any dissenting voice from the dressing room and reinforce in January for the final push.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s good to see the happy clappers actually being happy....they’ve have hard, hard months to endure over the last couple of seasons, let alone a week....

Yeah really hard when we were saved from Cotterill relegation. Really hard during long unbeaten runs and an incredible cup run.

Hard during best league position finishes for a decade. 

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yeah really hard when we were saved from Cotterill relegation. Really hard during long unbeaten runs and an incredible cup run.

Hard during best league position finishes for a decade. 

Yet you ignore the longest run of defeats in our history and the incredibly dismal run from October 2016 to March 2017 etc - hard hard times for the HCs....still, at least it’s not raining....

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You know what’s really funny 

really  funny

really really funny

Is your posts this last week or so ....

It appears Ive really made you wet your nappy as you boil your p*ss

:yes:

As you like to act the Troll And WUM it’s been so so funny to see you throw your rattle around

Keep up the entertainment :yawn:

Priceless 

Ignore the cock.

He’s “neutral”. WTF does that mean?

A neutral supporter? You’re in or you’re out.

Like you and me Roberto! ?

38 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Lee Johnson has spent more money than any manager in BCFC history and has a big squad. Steve Cotterill didn't. 

Steve Cotterill chose to have a small squad, he then went after unrealistic targets (£9m bids, nearly double our current transfer record) and still broke our transfer record at the time.

Cotterill was backed, and until LJ he had probably spent more than any other manager in our history. But that part is simply inevitable, transfer fees get more and more inflated every season, and if the trend continues then in 20 years time manager A N Other who lasts 2-3 seasons will become the highest spending manager in our history. 

Stop clutching at straws.

15 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

He’s “neutral”. WTF does that mean?

You don’t know what ‘neutral ‘  means?           :dunno:

I’ll explain.........it means neither for or against LJ or in simpler terms ‘on the fence’

Got it now?       :fingerscrossed:

54 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Lee Johnson has spent more money than any manager in BCFC history and has a big squad. Steve Cotterill didn't. 

Isn't that a bit of a red herring though?

We've also recouped rather a lot for a start, plus more significantly that assumes we exist in a bubble. Which of course we don't- just look at the rising expenditure in Championship last few years.

Didn't SL express his shock at the cost of doing business in this League back in 2015? Will try and find the quotes though.

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

It’s not that simple.............:cool2:

LJ has (apparently) spent more money than any other City manager......but what on? Famara is the clubs most expensive signing at £5:3m but where’s the rest gone?  

Well.....much has gone on recruiting youngsters from other clubs. I can’t think of any other major signings other than Famara.

Cotterill was sacked largely because he’d played lip service to SLs strategy and failed to implement it - it’s that simple. He was gone after he’d asked fo £9m for Gray/Gayle - a blatant flouting of the strategy.

Bye bye Steve......

54 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Steve Cotterill chose to have a small squad,

To get us out of League One, knowing that quality rather than bloat was what was needed.  Unlike the bleating Karl Robinson with a squad of almost twice the size.

he then went after unrealistic targets

Why unrealistic?  Andre Gray wasn’t unrealistic at £3.5m, Ryan Fredericks actually signed for £250k, Maguire at £1.5m.  None were unrealistic, I believe we were close to signing Gray and Maguire so not unrealistic.  Feel free disagree.

(£9m bids, nearly double our current transfer record)

Gray went to Burnley for £6m once we dallied.  Gayle was rumoured at £6m + £3m addons (likely to be promo and goals), but as he never wanted to come here that was a moot point....and the fee pure conjecture

and still broke our transfer record at the time.

And the Kodjia money funded lots of mixed recruitment afterwards.  Just as well we did get Kodjia!!!

Cotterill was backed,

Yep, but then undermined over the summer.  He was certainly right about the players he was after.  Gray, Maguire and Gayle haven’t turned out too bad.  It was pretty clear from his post-friendly interviews he was not happy.  The petty playing the same 11 at Yeovil in a friendly too.  He was a meticulous planner and something was up.  The later stories confirmed he’d been let down.  Lansdown even going on the radio to make sure his view got heard first, left Cotts awaiting the inevitable.

and until LJ he had probably spent more than any other manager in our history.

Don’t forget he funded 14/15 by selling his top scorer Baldock....you make it seem very one-sided James.  He kept the wage bill down by not having bloat....against reduced income from one stand being knocked down.  He actually made a profit on transfers....despite ‘City buying promotion’....myth!  The controls of FFP in Lg1 are pretty tough.

But that part is simply inevitable, transfer fees get more and more inflated every season, and if the trend continues then in 20 years time manager A N Other who lasts 2-3 seasons will become the highest spending manager in our history. 

I don’t get your angst with Cotts.  He might’ve been a stubborn old goat (GOAT imho), but I dread to think what might be had he not come in when he did.  I doubt the other candidates around when SOD was sacked would’ve got us into the Champ in such style, or even got us there at all.

You’ve touched a nerve James, and I make no apologies for ‘biting’.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Eff me, what an ungrateful sod (not the words I wanted to use) you and others are.

Just before Xmas prior to Cotterills dismissal SL was guest speaker at Senior Reds. He said before SC was sacked in January that Cotterill had asked for the money to buy Gray/Gayle and told SL that he’d “got all I can” from the existing squad. SL said “ I didn’t believe him”. We looked at each other across the table and to a man realised that SCs days were numbered........

In my view SC was out of his depth in the Championship - I know you won’t agree Dave!

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was applying the same metrics to Cotterill as were being applied to Johnson. And certainly no angst towards him.

I wasn't trying to be harsh on Cotterill in any way, what he did with us in 14-15 was fantastic, and I was one of the ones defending him until the last in the Championship.

I think you have read too far into what I was saying.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Rubbish.

In 20 years+ management Cotterill had never overseen a relegation.

I would forget it Noggers, the mystic Meg's obviously know what they are talking about.

As far as i'm concerned I am neither an LJ fan or LJ outer but I am still not wholly convinced by him, I will carry on calling it as I see it on a match to match basis, I try to be honest and fair, last season I was accused of being harsh on Pack, this year I believe that he has finally found his BCFC mojo and IMHO we have found a proper captain at last, I hope he remains as captain even when or if Wright returns, in short Pack has certainly won me over and I don't mind admitting it, now for Paterson to win me over (that might be a longer road) but even with him if he has had a good game I will make mention of it, I just cannot recall one in 2018.

I will not shy away from my opinion by childishly intended threads like this.

As for Cotterill why is it fans have to speak about him in the way that they do?, I find it wholly sad, LJ has won nothing as a manager absolutely zilch but he has inherited a club in the championship courtesy of the man that some fans now seem to want to vilify to prove their undying love to LJ, I have always viewed it this way in my nearly 61 years of support Cotterill gave me my best ever season bar none, a championship FFS and a Wembley trip, there was an obvious conflict with SL (and that happens) and it was inevitable and correct that he had to go when he did, but why the vitriol i'm sorry I just do not get it and never will, just remember the ride that he took us on that season and how it felt, maybe LJ will one day replicate it for us.

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

I get that. It just gets irritating. New threads all the time 

This. It really does wind me up when someone thinks that their view on whether LJ should be in or out is so important it needs them to start a new thread about it rather than add to one of the numerous others on the same subject.

it`s more about attention seeking than anything else IMO.

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

This. It really does wind me up when someone thinks that their view on whether LJ should be in or out is so important it needs them to start a new thread about it rather than add to one of the numerous others on the same subject.

it`s more about attention seeking than anything else IMO.

After this post I'm  not responding on any of the newly created in or out posts.  Just seems to be people trying to be smug after one or two results, I'm sure they'll be a couple of matches when we're shit again.

I'm sure we all enjoyed the win on whichever side of the fence we stand, so this fallacy of people having a 'hard week' if you don't trust LJ for an entire season is fundamentally bollocks. 

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Isn't that a bit of a red herring though?

We've also recouped rather a lot for a start, plus more significantly that assumes we exist in a bubble. Which of course we don't- just look at the rising expenditure in Championship last few years.

Didn't SL express his shock at the cost of doing business in this League back in 2015? Will try and find the quotes though.

No not all at all its simply an answer to peoples points who seem to be able to predict what  Steve Cotterill was going to do in the future. Steve Cotterill bought very well. Got the team promoted there it is. money was recouped on those signings. if he had been given the same funds as Lee Johnson had been given?? who knows but its nonsense to say he would have carried on in the same manner because nobody knows. 

Yes SL did express shock at the cost and he increased his spending after Steve Cotterill had gone.   

1 minute ago, Trueredsupporte said:

No not all at all its simply an answer to peoples points who seem to be able to predict what  Steve Cotterill was going to do in the future. Steve Cotterill bought very well. Got the team promoted there it is. money was recouped on those signings. if he had been given the same funds as Lee Johnson had been given?? who knows but its nonsense to say he would have carried on in the same manner because nobody knows. 

Yes SL did express shock at the cost and he increased his spending after Steve Cotterill had gone.   

This a complete misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the situation.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Steve Cotterill chose to have a small squad, he then went after unrealistic targets (£9m bids, nearly double our current transfer record) and still broke our transfer record at the time.

Cotterill was backed, and until LJ he had probably spent more than any other manager in our history. But that part is simply inevitable, transfer fees get more and more inflated every season, and if the trend continues then in 20 years time manager A N Other who lasts 2-3 seasons will become the highest spending manager in our history. 

I spoke to Steve cotterill at the bristol Marriott just before he took the Birmingham job with Harry and believe me he was not backed.He knew his time was up a month before a ball was kicked.this is one of the main reasons I can’t take to little lee

Following the last two performances and a critic of LJ. Let's give him a chance.

He's seemingly solved from the deficiencies we've suffered with so far to a degree, now we need to see whether it was a one off and we can keep a few more clean sheets. It'll come down to man-management of this squad and keeping players pulling in the same direction.

I'm still critical of the recruitment but as I have pointed out, I don't believe a non footballing suit should be in charge of transfers. Although LJ does have input and sign off on them, it's not 100% his fault in the same way it isn't 100% Ashton either.

All I'll say is - this is it. This season its now or never.

I'm not asking for promotion. I'm not asking for a cup run.

Just a degree of performances, win or lose, where we're consistant and a stable mid table finish.

No relegation worries or horrific runs.

Let's get behind the players, the club, manager, and see if they can deliver.

2 strikes LJ. Make this season count.

Archived