IGNORED

Football commentary on radio

Redmycolour

1 minute ago, Redmycolour said:

Anyone know how to get city away commentary on RB, tried tuning in on Saturday but an announcement saying due to licensing laws the following program is not broadcast live, 

I have tried several different apps that claim to be "FM" radio but get the same issue every time. Someone did suggest on here that you could get around that with a VPN, but I don't see how unless the rights only apply to the UK?

5 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Anyone know how to get city away commentary on RB, tried tuning in on Saturday but an announcement saying due to licensing laws the following program is not broadcast live, 

Where are you tuning in from? It works in my car and radio in the Bristol area but won't work through BBC website (if I try and listen from home in London).

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Radio Bristol is a local station for local people, are you from 'round 'ere?

If so you'll get it on a radio FM / Dab … you won't get it on Internet though due to broadcast restrictions you've mentioned. 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

94.90 or 95.50 FM always worked for me,  unless something has changed.

Not much use for midweek games when you work away like me though. I am guessing that @Redmycolour has similar issues.

25 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Commentary through the c lub for a season is 45 quid 

I had the same issue. Basically think it’s online is the issue so you have to “tune in” rather than use the net. 

The difficulty with paying the £45 is that with an ST you attend all home (when free) anyway, then do a lot of away. Add to that the amount you get on sky. Means you could pay £45 to listen to 3 or 4 games that you are able to listen to over the season which is pretty pricey! I don’t believe they do a pay per game which is a shame. 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Radio Bristol is a local station for local people, are you from 'round 'ere?

If so you'll get it on a radio FM / Dab … you won't get it on Internet though due to broadcast restrictions you've mentioned. 

Yes live in Bristol, no success on my phone app

Why do radio commentators always say XXXX are kicking left to right? That's only OK if you know where the commentary box is. For real football fans who know many grounds, surely it would be better to say Villa are attacking the Holt End this half etc.

28 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Yes live in Bristol, no success on my phone app

I know this is so last century but you have to use an actual wireless (ask your Dad - he's probably got one.

When City are away the game is usually on 94.9FM (Gas are DAB), When City home it's the other way round.

17 minutes ago, 22A said:

Why do radio commentators always say XXXX are kicking left to right? That's only OK if you know where the commentary box is. For real football fans who know many grounds, surely it would be better to say Villa are attacking the Holt End this half etc.

' Villa are attacking the Holt End this half etc'  ffs that wouldn't be a lot of use if they were playing at West Brom or somewhere though would it? '  ….tch wot are you like? try thinking it through before typing in future eh?  :punish:  :laugh:..  

You can of course use the radio stations on Freeview tv...719 is BBCRB.  BBC Somerset is on there too.  Occasionsly City aren’t on either of those, but it’s an option.

I also have a DAB receiver that connects into the old style 32pin iPhone.....it’s an Intempo Idab adaptor.  Also search Roberts Robi.  

If anyone has an older iPhone and wants to give it a go, PM, you can have it.

Just to say that reception is poor in many parts of Bristol for radio bristol

If they other lot are playing at the same time and we are AWAY we will be on 94:9 and also on freeview 719

If yeovil ain't playing and we are away we get the 95:5 as well as freeview 719 and 722.

May I suugest getting a out door radio aerial on your roof?

12 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

If they other lot are playing at the same time and we are AWAY we will be on 94:9 and also on freeview 719

If yeovil ain't playing and we are away we get the 95:5 as well as freeview 719 and 722.

May I suugest getting a out door radio aerial on your roof?

I must say that when I am in Bristol, listening to the radio is equally challenging when they put the gas game on DAB. I have taken to using an old clock radio from the spare bedroom because it's the only thing in the house that receives FM (or even worse MW on occasions) radio. Why they give the team that is at home anyway the best radio channel I have no idea, it's almost like they think that most gasheads stay at home and listen to the radio or something........:whistle:

26 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

** May I suugest getting a out door radio aerial on your roof?

** No no not again mate ,...that's what you told Rod Hull innit.  :nono: 

As I understand it, Radion Brizzle cannot put it on their internet feed for contractual reasons.  However you can get it on 94.9 if in range.

At the moment, I have BCTV, but when I haven't had video, I have listened via the freeview channel.

BTW how many of us could not get BCTV for the first half of the Swansea game?  Bloody annoying having paid for it.

17 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I can pick up those stations here in Tewkesbury,, loud and clear, you will be surprised how far away you can be and still get a signal, but in the car of course. 

I was in Dundee last week, but paid to watch the game online, I am in Stoke this week, but luckily no midweek game. I will be in Cambridge when we play West brom. i keep hoping there will be games in a region i am visiting but it rarely happens. :( 

5 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Terrestrial TV, not satellite, on channel 719. That is radio Bristol. Live commentary only for City away games, not home ones.

Archived