IGNORED

Lee Johnson, stay for life!

reddogkev

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We won 4-1 but were not that good. Don't get too carried away. This is pre-Christmas; don't forget what happens in the New Year. We win only five out of twenty five!

Me?  Not get too carried away, are you mad?

I was strutting around Bath Park earlier like a man who had won the lottery and bedded Kelly Brook all at the same time.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Me?  Not get too carried away, are you mad?

I was strutting around Bath Park earlier like a man who had won the lottery and bedded Kelly Brook all at the same time.

Imagine seeing your lottery numbers come up on the TV, just as she drops to her knees for you. 

Carlsberg don’t do evenings to remember...! 

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We won 4-1 but were not that good. Don't get too carried away. This is pre-Christmas; don't forget what happens in the New Year. We win only five out of twenty five!

I thought that even you and Londoner might give us some credit after the last 3 results...!

I’m only joking. Of course I didn’t..! 

You must be gutted that we’ve got 2 weeks before we can possibly lose another game now..! 

35 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

We weren't that good today? :laugh: did you leave at HT by any chance?

I'll gladly eat humble pie if it means we keep this up. I've been critical of LJ and Ashton, but the former has especially done well since that debacle of a Boro performance.

Especially the way LJ seemingly G'ed us up after HT, and the consequential second half performance was superb.

My only concern at the moment was our absolute collapse in confidence after conceding @AppyDAZE.

We cant just happen to have a team talk to sort it out if things go wrong every game it happens. Such as if that corner happens in the second half.

Besides - that pleasing performance. Not the best one Ive seen over 90 minutes, but clinical.

I still worry when our heads drop though.

The biggest single difference isnt anything to do with LJ's coaching imo. 

That accolade belongs to Kalas. Composed. Confident. Class.

Leads by example in that defence.

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

3 wins on the trot and I'd marry the man tomorrow, that's if I wasn't already married with kids.  But you get the gist...

I bloody love it when the team are winning, and my God it is good on here when the moaners are all sent packing!

A vapid (bordering on absurd) thread. @reddogkev this isn't like you at all!

24 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Looking forward to the next 7 wins on the trot, not looking forward to the 10 defeats on the trot that will follow.

LJ’s single biggest challenge this season is to stop any prolonged bad run. 

Last season, overall, was great, but we have to be more consistent than half season brilliant and half season poor. 

Even if it works out to gain a few points less overall, we need to stamp out the long periods of poor results. Once that is cracked, I think the good periods have shown that we can be more than competetive in this division. Even against the odds.  

4 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

We weren't that good?!!!! What the hell were you watching! We came from behind to win 4-1 That's GOOD!

You can’t ignore the 10 minutes where we were on the back foot and struggling to keep them contained, just after their freak goal  

If you ignore that and focus on little details like the scoreline, open flowing football, clinical finishing, tireless pressing until the 93rd minute and off the ball movement that wouldn’t have been out of place in a mid table premier league fixture, then it gets very hard to have a moan and try and take credit away from LJ..! 

13 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

We weren't that good?!!!! What the hell were you watching! We came from behind to win 4-1 That's GOOD!

well he is right, we weren't that good for about 38 minutes, once we got in front their was only one winner, it was alarming however how much we lost our shape and their heads went,

Pack while having the worst game of his career though did some good captancy trying to gee everyone up telling them to get tighter and cut out the silly mistakes (brownhill gave him the same advice)

Just now, Monkeh said:

well he is right, we weren't that good for about 48 minutes, once we got in front their was only one winner, it was alarming however how much we lost our shape and their heads went,

Pack while having the worst game of his career though did some good captancy trying to gee everyone up telling them to get tighter and cut out the silly mistakes (brownhill gave him the same advice)

We were excellent until their goal. Yes, we certainly did look rattled and lost our way and Pack was guilty of giving the ball away too often. 

The equaliser came at the perfect time for us, just before half time and the second half was dominant. 

13 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

And Blackburn hadn’t lost before at were sitting 5th I think at the start of the match. Yes, you are right our result wasn’t too shabby was it!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

We were excellent until their goal. Yes, we certainly did look rattled and lost our way and Pack was guilty of giving the ball away too often. 

The equaliser came at the perfect time for us, just before half time and the second half was dominant. 

Excellence would involve scoring, to my way of thinking. The worry for me is, go behind against one of the better sides and become "rattled" like we did yesterday, and we'll be recovering more than a one goal deficit. 

But this is being picky - for now, the sun is shining, we've won three in a row and we can look forward with a little hope and optimism. Until the next game, at least.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

well he is right, we weren't that good for about 38 minutes, once we got in front their was only one winner, it was alarming however how much we lost our shape and their heads went,

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Weren't that good? Bizarre opinion. Blackburn good team and we absolutely destroyed them second half. Could have been 5-6 easy. 

I'm pretty much with @Monkeh on this one.

The result was brilliant but we did lose shape and midfield was a problem without doubt. However "good" Blackburn are- they weren't that good yesterday.

The exciting thing about our team was that they didn't give up and tenacity was the winner as opposed to silky footballing skills.But this is ( once again) a 'work in progress'. I believe we'll get a lot better but no way was yesterday's result a masterclass.

(This was my take from attending the match as opposed to t.v. or radio bristol  where Vernon gave MOM to Pack on the phone in).?

Archived