IGNORED

Now TV / Sky Sports Pass

Tipps69

I’m sure I’ve read on here that we are due to be on the red button a few times during this month?

Sky Bet are doing an offer that if you place £25 worth of bets that you get a free Now TV Sky Sports Pass as well as a £5 free bet.

Normally Sky Bet do an incentive thing of a free £5 bet for placing at least £25 worth of bets for each week but for those of you without Sky or an equivalent, this offer may appeal & with the Ryder Cup coming up at the end of the month, it maybe a deal worth taking?

Just thought I’d throw it out there.

Now I’m not sure how it works but I’ll have the pass as I do the necessary amount of bets & I already have Sky so I won’t need the pass, so if it’s possible to transfer the pass, I will have mine going spare if anyone is interested.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thanks for posting this...........I have the most basic sky deal tied in with my broadband, so i don't have sky sports.  I would be interested in using the pass, if it was possible to transfer it?  Please let me know what u think?

Ah, seeing as @Bristol_South_End doesn’t think it’ll cover the red button side of things, it’ll have an impact on watching City but it would still essentially mean Sky Sports free for someone, so you’d still have access to the football & Ryder Cup amongst other things.

If it’s transferable, I’ll happily let it go & I would of thought there might be a few others that are able to offer similar.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thanks for posting this...........I have the most basic sky deal tied in with my broadband, so i don't have sky sports.  I would be interested in using the pass, if it was possible to transfer it?  Please let me know what u think?

Best thing would be to purchase an Amazon firestick and install Mobdro on it - you can get all the sports channels that way for just the cost of a the firestick

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Neither Now TV nor Sky Go have the red button function. I think you would need to either purchase and stream from the club or the Sky sports mobile app. I think the skysports mobile is the cheaper of the two options as you get the whole month as opposed to one game but don't hold me to it.

That is if you want to go down the 100% legitimate routes.....

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Best thing would be to purchase an Amazon firestick and install Mobdro on it - you can get all the sports channels that way for just the cost of a the firestick

I don't have a TV.....i watch everything through my Apple Mac, I think u need an HDMI Port for firestick, which i don't believe is on a MAC?  But thanks for your advice for the future....if/when i get a telly.

• Admin
42 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I don't have a TV.....i watch everything through my Apple Mac, I think u need an HDMI Port for firestick, which i don't believe is on a MAC?  But thanks for your advice for the future....if/when i get a telly.

You may be able to download Mobdro straight to your mac?

Gratbot......Sorry beg to differ.  Firstly it's far too big n' heavy to put on my lap with its 27 inch screen?  It runs today as well as the day i bought it 3 years ago, and while mac malware has increased over the years, as has all malware.............thanks to it's Unix-based operating system and in built security system i have not [touch wood] experienced any virus problems.  Whatever your opinion of Apple? it cannot be denied that they produce quality equipment. Don't really know what you mean by a “real laptop”?

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Gratbot......Sorry beg to differ.  Firstly it's far too big n' heavy to put on my lap with its 27 inch screen?  It runs today as well as the day i bought it 3 years ago, and while mac malware has increased over the years, as has all malware.............thanks to it's Unix-based operating system and in built security system i have not [touch wood] experienced any virus problems.  Whatever your opinion of Apple? it cannot be denied that they produce quality equipment. Don't really know what you mean by a “real laptop”?

Ah, even better then get yourself a real Windows desktop. Without wanting to turn this into a 'my dad is bigger than your dad' argument, I built my desktop in 2011 and still use it to this day. Admittedly I have upgraded some of the parts (something you're unable to do with Apple by the way) along the way. I have never had problems with viruses despite only using MSE as my security package. Viruses are easy to avoid as long as you're sensible with your downloading. 

Apple do not produce quality products. The reason they survive longer is because people who design viruses target them at Windows due to there being a greater proportion of people using Windows PCs than Apple. If the world were to shift (God forbid) to an Apple majority then more viruses would target Apple instead and their longevity would fall. 

If I have a fault with my PC (not often but it has happened a couple of times over the last 7 years), I'm usually fairly confident that I can take it apart and fix what needs to be fixed or replace something if required. If it's out of my skill set then a YouTube video normally sets me straight. With Macs this is impossible due to the way they designed, and it is yet another clever money making scheme by Apple because unless you have paid to take out a warranty, you're going to have to pay through the nose to get it fixed.

I'm not going to get into how crap the UI is or how Mac isn't compatible with a long list of common software.

So in essence you've fallen for a marketing gimmick and spent twice as much on something that is only half as good as as a real WINDOWS desktop.

21 minutes ago, maxjak said:

ZX Spectrum!!!

A legit NowTV day, week or month pass is actually quite reasonable, especially if more than one of you is using it.

If you are not legit, then ypu can add the appropriate software to a firestick and plug into the hdmi port of your tv or digibox.

Otherwise, plug a laptop into the tv and stream live sports that way either finding your own links/sources or picking them up from here.

Personally, I believe skysports is just too expensive unless you watch a lot of sport.  Thats why the occasional Nowtv pass suits me. The problem is yhat you dont get the red button.

Also bctv is not too bad.  We have purchased the odd months subscription when we want to see something - again reasonably priced if you share.

4 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I purchased a Now TV day pass last season for a City game on Sky and it only worked on a laptop !!

Was not able to watch it on my TV.

Beware.

Had no problems with nowtv using a samsung smart tv.  Otherwise, get it on laptop and plug into the tv, assuming your equipment is reasonably up to date.

50 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Exactly, does not work on a regular TV without aid of a laptop.

The advertising for NowTV is not clear.

How else do you think you’d get an internet channel on a non smart tv?  You can use a fire stick, PS4, laptop etc to get it on the telly.  Now TV don’t just beam it directly to your aerial once you’ve coughed up your cash.

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

How else do you think you’d get an internet channel on a non smart tv?  You can use a fire stick, PS4, laptop etc to get it on the telly.  Now TV don’t just beam it directly to your aerial once you’ve coughed up your cash.

I get Netflix and iplayer on my TV. Are they not internet channels ?

Archived